Rant Thread

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Tårnfalk wrote:Me belly button oozes again :( its sooo disquisting and smelly and hurting.. And all the doctor says is:" Well you are morbidly obese. Nothing can be done. This is.a.side effect. Loose weight and it will be better.."
I have lived 2 months on 600 calories a day. I have tried everything and i CANT loose weight. Please just help me with my problems.. But nooo.. Apparently its too much to ask...
I know it's not always the best option but are you eligible for things like liposuction or gastric bypass surgery? Could your continuing weight issues have anything to do with your medications? I know some meds make it so people have a hard time losing weight, and if that's the case the doctor should know that and try to offer you better solutions for taking care of your weight problem.

Is there any way at all for you to be able to exercise? Diet alone often won't drop weight. Not trying to be mean or anything, just wanting to offer suggestions. :) I know if it's possible aquatic exercises work great for a lot of people that are in pain all the time.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Aquatic aerobics was my favorite aerobics. But I'm the sap who tried to use an exercise ball and got launched half across the room.

Also, what the fuck. My prescription refill doesn't come in time and I NEED this stuff to not have small seizures and depression problems, and it costs me 32 dollars for THREE PILLS!? WITH THE DISCOUNT!? Sweet baby jesus. I'm sad because that was my socializing for the month money.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I feel like my IQ has been dropping lately.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I made the mistake of taking my cat outside once.

How he won't shut up. MEOW MEOW MEOW TAKE ME OUT AGAIN MEOW.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Me belly button oozes again :( its sooo disquisting and smelly and hurting.. And all the doctor says is:" Well you are morbidly obese. Nothing can be done. This is.a.side effect. Loose weight and it will be better.."
I have lived 2 months on 600 calories a day. I have tried everything and i CANT loose weight. Please just help me with my problems.. But nooo.. Apparently its too much to ask...
I know it's not always the best option but are you eligible for things like liposuction or gastric bypass surgery? Could your continuing weight issues have anything to do with your medications? I know some meds make it so people have a hard time losing weight, and if that's the case the doctor should know that and try to offer you better solutions for taking care of your weight problem.

Is there any way at all for you to be able to exercise? Diet alone often won't drop weight. Not trying to be mean or anything, just wanting to offer suggestions. :) I know if it's possible aquatic exercises work great for a lot of people that are in pain all the time.
Heh i dont know if you read the " A little info about my disability post " i did? I have had a gastric surgery and it helped nothing. Atm its not possible for me to exercise. I have to have help in order to move my arms and legs. I live on the second floor and i cant get downstairs. The government wont pay for any help for me so i get help from a friend who is an educated nurse. She lives near us and come help me with bathroom breaks, baths etc..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I hate it when I play a video and my audio is turned all the way up. It scares me so bad everytime.
No one to blame but myself but i'm sooo tired of accidentally scaring myself because I don't remember to adjust my volume.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Novikova

Scarlet wrote:I hate it when I play a video and my audio is turned all the way up. It scares me so bad everytime.
No one to blame but myself but i'm sooo tired of accidentally scaring myself because I don't remember to adjust my volume.
Eh, it drives me nuts that commercials, different games and even different streaming services have such different volumes. One moment I can't hear jack, and then the next, my eardrums just came out the side of my head. x_x

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Yeah it happen to me with Spotify, a lot, and it always makes me really mad >:/

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im really sick right now. My umbelical hernia wont stop oozing and bleeding. It hurts sooo badly. Got a lift to take me downstairs and went to the emergency room.. They sent me back home because this condition is not treated when you.are morbidly obese. Laying in bed with towels wrapped around my belly to soak up the blood and ooze.. And crying due to the pain :-(. Please stop hurting... Please...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this tarn. I though hernias were in enclosed and don't bleed though? Do you know what is trapped in the abdominal muscle?If it's bleeding, keep the area dry and clean. Is there some sort of poultice you can apply to ease the pain and soothe irritation?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tårnfalk wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:

Heh i dont know if you read the " A little info about my disability post " i did? I have had a gastric surgery and it helped nothing. Atm its not possible for me to exercise. I have to have help in order to move my arms and legs. I live on the second floor and i cant get downstairs. The government wont pay for any help for me so i get help from a friend who is an educated nurse. She lives near us and come help me with bathroom breaks, baths etc..
I apologize, I have read that thread and like an ass forgot. :oops: My only excuse is that I haven't been right in the head lately. Hope things can start looking up for you Tarn. :hug:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh dont worry about it Tyger :D :hug: :hug: Your advices were really good :D

And Dew its because the hernia is inside my belly button. Sometimes it burst open and the ooze, goo and blood seeps out. Usually it goes over in a week max but this time its going on 3 weeks +. I took a sleeping pill so i slept through the night and my lovely husband changed the towels during the night. I feel a tiny bit better right now and hope it will last throughout the day :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm kind of completely boggled that doctors don't seem to want to help you, morbidly obese or not. I don't understand why they wouldn't do more to try and help you lose the weight so you can get healed. That hernia can be really dangerous, especially if it gets infected while it's an open wound. Seems reckless to me to just let you suffer. =/ Really breaks my heart too. But I'm also not familiar with health care outside the US, not that ours here is always up to par either.

[/center]
Novikova

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm kind of completely boggled that doctors don't seem to want to help you, morbidly obese or not. I don't understand why they wouldn't do more to try and help you lose the weight so you can get healed. That hernia can be really dangerous, especially if it gets infected while it's an open wound. Seems reckless to me to just let you suffer. =/ Really breaks my heart too. But I'm also not familiar with health care outside the US, not that ours here is always up to par either.

Me, too. Refusing to help someone with an open wound seems reckless and careless at best. In the US, ER doctors can't refuse life saving treatment at least.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

It honestly baffles me too, Tyger, but... well, I know for a fact that if you're overweight even a bit over what's considered a "normal" body weight for your height/age, doctors throw you into the "obese" category. I myself am one of those people, being 5'3" and usually around 180-190lbs, my doctor listed me as obese on my medical report :|

And my grandmother's doctor refused to give her proper treatment for a snapped tendon in her ankle for the longest fucking time, blaming the limp she had on her weight instead of properly checking what was wrong. My grandmother had to go to a completely different doctor to get looked at and properly diagnosed and have a surgery scheduled.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Unread post by NoraNora »

Old friend of mine: "SO <name>, I want you to be social! It'll be fun! We are very accepting :).

Me: "...Okay..."

Friend: "OKAY SO, this is *lists 3853958345 names and points to everyone* And they like HS and such that you do!"

Me: "....I...uhhh....."

Friend: "OKAY G2G KBAI *taken away by other conversations* "

Friends she 'introduced' me to: *Paying no mind to me at all and talking to friend*

Me: Ohh...kaayy...I'll...I'll just be here..*sits in my lonely spot in hallway, unnoticed*"

YEP..my life in school. School/Socializing friggin' sucks. Still no new friends(barely see my few friends now), no nothing, nada. At least I can focus on my grades...but...I'm a person too, can I just have a FEW new friends that I'm not speed-introduced to..? That guy you wanted me to meet pays no mind to me, he moves his seat when I'm near (he has friends in our class too, and seats aren't assigned.), and he keeps making googoo faces at his boyfriend in class..like, I get you guys are in love but that's really weird.. So.....yeah great. Woonnderful.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I forgot how bad the Silent hill movies are as Silent hill stories.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Tårnfalk wrote:heh dont worry about it Tyger :D :hug: :hug: Your advices were really good :D

And Dew its because the hernia is inside my belly button. Sometimes it burst open and the ooze, goo and blood seeps out. Usually it goes over in a week max but this time its going on 3 weeks +. I took a sleeping pill so i slept through the night and my lovely husband changed the towels during the night. I feel a tiny bit better right now and hope it will last throughout the day :D
Thats terrible Tarn - I hope it gets better soon. Considering yours is a clearly defined medical condition (and not an over indulgence in the most wonderful cheeseburger) I would of thought theyd be abit more accomadating!! Disgusting.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

cowmuflage wrote:I forgot how bad the Silent hill movies are as Silent hill stories.
I honestly like the first one from a cinematic point-of-view. I agree that they do a horrible job of telling the story though >__> especially trying to cram that much lore into, what? a 2 hour movie that already needed like an hour of content cut from it just to make room for that lore...

They could've done so much better.
And I can honestly rant forever about hOW PYRAMID HEAD SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PRESENT. NO. BAD DIRECTOR. NO COOKIE FOR YOU.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TotalBiscuit's cancer returned....and this time....it's inoperable. Fuck.....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine