The Happy Thread

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm late to the party and have only just seen the new expack videos and I will say I like how the viking dudes are back and there are now what I will be calling from now on "moose cows" oh and Moose too!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Just bought a new house! Been looking for a bigger place for awhile on and off but as the market in my city has FINALLy dropped we were able to get a bigger place with a pool!! No more crappy neighbours blocking us in! The only downside is I look around at our study and I finally realise how much of a pain it will be to pack up all those figmas...><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I rescued two young blue tits from my room today :) They must have been looking for insects around the frame and slipped in through the open window. One managed to find its own way out but the other was exhausted so I had to help it. They're so light and soft~ They're both outside and safe now but it's always a joy to get so close to wildlife :D

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Update from my post in the rant thread, I finally caught my crested gecko!

He kept on peaking his head out from on top of the dishwasher all night. Tried until 4am to get him before I went to bed. Two hours later I woke up and he was hanging out on the wall. Nerve-wracking trying to catch him. He's very skittish and does not like to be handled, so he thought a leap of faith from the top of the wall down to the sink was a better idea than going into the box I was trying to herd him into. Finally got him though and he's safe in his tank with his tail still attached.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wassa wrote:Update from my post in the rant thread, I finally caught my crested gecko!

He kept on peaking his head out from on top of the dishwasher all night. Tried until 4am to get him before I went to bed. Two hours later I woke up and he was hanging out on the wall. Nerve-wracking trying to catch him. He's very skittish and does not like to be handled, so he thought a leap of faith from the top of the wall down to the sink was a better idea than going into the box I was trying to herd him into. Finally got him though and he's safe in his tank with his tail still attached.
So glad to hear it! :D :hug:
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I'm shaking so hard and my hands are so sweaty omfg. I was hunting Clefthoof's for my barn and went afk for a long time, moving myself time to time so I didn't time out and Lug'hok spawned in front of me. No one came 'round for about 10min (he's elite, I was scared to fight him cause my char was a rogue and she's squishy, though she has ilvl 663) so I tried my hand at him. Went as low as 30% health, but managed to dodge his crushing blow attack often enough to recover and I whittled him down to zero over about 6min (I used evasion and combat readiness a few times).

I was gonna get a screenie in front of him with the mount, but a Clefthoof attacked me and by the time I cleared him from the pic, Lug'hok's corpse despawned :C But I have the Mottled Meadowstomper now!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I swear, I've done more good and signed up for things in two weeks of Sixth Form than I ever did in three years of being at the school previously. I'm actually starting to feel like I've got some worth, so that's good.

Plus, mentoring the smaller ones is fun. Possibly scared them a bit, since my cold has given me a really disturbing heavy breathing...thing. Hey ho, that's just the way it will go~
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I really should thank the folks here on Petopia. It's now the only WoW-related site where I don't feel frowned-upon for the classes, races, or faction I tend to play.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I FINALLY got a job! Granted it's a seasonal job in retail, but holy fudge did I need to get SOMETHING soon. 83

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Hoorah for getting paid and my tax return in the same day!! <3

Shadowlands

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

YAY!!! Got myself slots to two HARPG horses so I can breed a Dom mutation foal!!
Can't wait to design it!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wennett

Unread post by Wennett »

I'm still dealing with living with an unsupportive family (being LGBT and all), but I have gotten a lot more friends lately. Even started dating a bit. I'm slowly doing better for myself, and I couldn't be happier! ^_^
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I have strep ( okay not happy) but my dear husband went out and got me some chocolate pudding so I could eat something, simple things I guess

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Our renovations are coming to end and we will be moving house in under a fortnight! It's really exciting to finally see an end date and all that hard slog paying off :) I was really anxious to start with (not a big one for change) but now it's getting exciting and I just want to move so we can stop being so poor paying 2 houses (and rent our current place out). So if anyone in Perth is looking for a nice neat 3 bedroom unit with a decent courtyard to rent...:D

Shadowlands

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Slow weight loss has now begun to emerge... wonder how long i have to live on 600 to max 1200 calories before i loose 115 kilo grams....VERY hungry after 3 months on that "diet". But still happy that is going down instead of up

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel

Tårnfalk wrote:Slow weight loss has now begun to emerge... wonder how long i have to live on 600 to max 1200 calories before i loose 115 kilo grams....VERY hungry after 3 months on that "diet". But still happy that is going down instead of up
I can only imagine how difficult that is Tarn, but your perseverance sounds like it's paying off! That must be so encouraging and I hope it continues to show good progress. I'm happy for you! :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thanks Veph :hug: It´s super hard because I´m the only one in my household on it. There are simply to few calories for a "normal" person in my "diet". Though the rest of my household help morally and by not buying sweets and candy with them home it´s still super though. Just the smell of bread or potatoes makes my stomach growl.. Though I can eat one small potato a day if i want. Weekends i allow myself 1200 calories but Monday - Friday its 600.. and thats though. I miss food :P.. Ohh well only 5 more years :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

When your hubby goes the extra mile for you to have the only white glass gas cooktop left in the state for the foreseeable future - 409km's to be exact!! The only westinghouse white glass gas cooktop left was in Albany...and if we wanted it we had to go get it! I felt so awful letting him do the 8hr round trip by himself (he insited he do it on a weekday and not the weekend I could go with him too) but so glad that he would :)

Shadowlands

Vephriel

After a long period of unemployment I've finally settled into a job that I think I'm really going to enjoy!

Sadly the pet store I'd worked at for so long got bought out by a new company and it basically went to shit, and after that I just couldn't find anything that appealed to me or was the same.

But now I've started working in a tea shop that specializes in loose leaf tea and it's honestly really great so far! My managers is amazing, my coworkers are all great people, I get to drink as much tea as I want during my shifts, and I'm learning so much! I happened on it by chance and applied on a whim but something just feels right about this. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

After 4 months of ooze, goo and stuff coming from my navel i FINALLY got an appointment with a hospital. Going in Wednesday and then we see how it will work from there. But happy that i finally get to see a professional so i can find out whats wrong (i hope)