Rant Thread

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Castile »

Novikova wrote:
Castile wrote:How do people get to their mid 30's without learning how to communicate with others? Just seriously. I don't need you to be my best mate here just do your job without being a royal asshat about. Is helping someone else beneath you that much? Jeez louise.../rolleyes

I was recently diagnosed with PLI/SPLD. >_> Turns out I'm turning 30, so I suck eggs at communicating even at my age. It's a bummer.

Also I am not ready to be 30, and in a way, I'm depressed that depression took away so much of my youth from me.
Oh thats abit different, you have an actual condition and I also work with someone with what we think (never been told offically) has aspergers and she communicates 100 times better than the individual I rant about. This person has 0 excuse to be the way she is except by some weird choice to be a douchecanoe to everyone.

Age is just a number, don't get too hung up on it or you'll go nuts. 30 is the new 20! Just live for the life you have now :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Thanks, and we'll see. I'm pissed about budgeting stuff and I'm 40 bucks short on things. :| Viva overdraft fees...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

ALSO, my dad is a horrible transphobe.

My laptop is dying, and I can't play many games if any.

AND I can't ask for monetary help.

I think I wish I'd burst into flames.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Aaaand my uncle proves exactly why I fucking HATE my mom's side of the family. Stereotypical bible thumper. Fuck.

My mom supports me as a demigirlflux, demisexual, and polyamorous person. She loves me no matter what. In came my bigot uncle. Mind you the motherfucker ran off to Canada to avoid paying child support after mooching off of my parents and was banned from several churches cause he mooched from them too.

He starts with "that is like saying I am happy for you for jumping off a building as long as that choice makes you happy."

Then continues with "Ya know [name redacted] back when mom and dad were still kicking around we did not have any of this 'weirdness' about gender. There were two - simple - the way God Almighty created us to be. You read "In the beginning God created Man in His image - then God took from Adam to make WOMAN. Pretty simple. Pretty direct. That is unless you do not believe what is written in Scripture. Now we seem to be making God in our image. I actually had to look up those 'words' [name redacted] deemed herself to be. WOW! So now not only is it ok to deem yourself opposite of the gender God gave you, now you can rip up the whole plan for humanity and have multiple sexual boinkings. Oh how far we have fallen as a race. This is NOT addressed to [name redacted] it is addressed to you [name redacted] because you told me you believe in God.... the God of the BIBLE. I do not want to get you or anyone upset (ok maybe a little lol) but either you take all of the scripture as true or none of it as true. Your eternal soul is on the line (as well as [name redacted]'s) and I can no longer just sit by and not speak up. I also know [name redacted] will read this and be glad she does not really know me lol but if I did not love the both of you I would just accept this foolishness."

I removed mine and my mom's names....but yeah, we got into it big time.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Work rant time! Yay! \o/

Saturdays usually are the only solid day of the week that I don't work. They want me to work 8 hours tomorrow because they're poor planners and one of the older employees retired. They didn't think ahead of how to fill her hours even after she had given them the date when she'd be officially retired. I told them only fours. I already had 8 hour shifts in a row. RIP my feet. It is NOT my fault you didn't freaking think ahead to try and schedule more people for this weekend, so DO NOT try to guilt me into thinking so. We kept having to call in the floor employees to help because the line got so long. We only had 3 people scheduled for those three hours. >>;

Speaking of which, I really wish they'd get some new standing pads... you know, ones that are not 100 years old and completely worn out. My shoes may not be the best, but my feet should NOT be hurting me this much.

Also, while they're at it, they can fix some of the freaking registers. Out of 12 total, only two of them actually have everything working. Three of them don't work at all and the rest are limited to the hand scanner only and/or have their pin pad contently crash/glitch out.

Finally, if I hear "Let's get credit, guys!" one more freaking time, I'm going to flip that register off the table. I HATE having to solicit freaking credit cards to people. Not everyone wants to and their getting on my back about not being more... "aggressive" about it. JFC...

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

TW gender and Self harm mentions

I can't get the clothes I want because of my 'chest'. It's so.. I can't. My mom's like "that's too bad, I'm sorry" and like,... You're not fucking sorry! You can buy whatever clothing you want, and wear it! I can't get any damn shit I want. I have to wear crap I don't like and is uncomfortable because of the body image *I DON'T EVEN WANT*, and suffer. Do you know how many times I wanted to just carve them away? Stab them? I hate them. She.. does.. not.. get.. it.

"You should be happy! A lot of women would kill for such a big chest!"

...Happy. Happy that I constantly feel sick, hateful, angry, and violent towards my own body. Happy.

I fucking want to die. Lmao. But whatever!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Peri, sounds like a reduction would benefit you a lot, even if it's not something you can do now, you can plan for it.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Peridot wrote:TW gender and Self harm mentions

I can't get the clothes I want because of my 'chest'. It's so.. I can't. My mom's like "that's too bad, I'm sorry" and like,... You're not fucking sorry! You can buy whatever clothing you want, and wear it! I can't get any damn shit I want. I have to wear crap I don't like and is uncomfortable because of the body image *I DON'T EVEN WANT*, and suffer. Do you know how many times I wanted to just carve them away? Stab them? I hate them. She.. does.. not.. get.. it.

"You should be happy! A lot of women would kill for such a big chest!"

...Happy. Happy that I constantly feel sick, hateful, angry, and violent towards my own body. Happy.

I fucking want to die. Lmao. But whatever!
Your mom is...very wrong. I hate having a big chest and big hips. It sucks! ><;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I'm guessing you are talking about a binder Peri? They help a ton with chest dysphoria. If you can't get one without your mom knowing, you could look into getting a half-binder and tell your mom it's a sports bra.

EDIT: Deleted rant because I'm ok now.
Last edited by Wassa on Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

For the most part I've been working to overcome my aversion to spiders, and it's been going pretty well. I've gotten to a point where if we leave each other alone I'm all good. They disappear after a day or two anyway, I don't have to put up with looking at them for long.

But on a whim I decided to clean up my desk today (art supplies ERRYWHERE) and went to throw away a paper that had gotten pretty crumpled up and of course once I had picked it up noticed there was a spider crawling on it. So there I am telling myself IT'S OKAY, JUST MOVE SLOWLY and throw away the paper in the garbage like you were intending to and get your mom to take out the trash when she comes home IT'S FINE probably won't leave the trash can.

Of course I forget I now have a cat that will go after everything that moves. He must have seen the spider crawling in the trash, because next thing I know I hear this loud crash and run in to see the garbage knocked over and all over the floor. There's a spider in there somewhere, and I most certainly do not want to pick it up again.

And now my cat is scared of the trash can so it's not like he's going to go in there and eat the spider or anything.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Feeling alone and ignored. Tired and stressed from the course. Stressed because I have a mock interview either tomorrow or Friday. I don't want the job on offer at the end of the course because it's too damn hard to get to with just public transport. Nothing's working today. I just want to sleep and not wake up.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I'm getting paranoid again. I keep seeing faces looking at me and black shadows moving out of the corner of my eye. I dont \want to tell the docs because they will change my meds again and I HATE new med side effects. The ones I'm on now are fine, slight tremor, dry-mouth are the least side-effects I've ever had, I don't want them to change. :| :mrgreen:

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Unread post by NoraNora »

Awfully irritated with my recent acne issue..if it is acne?
WARNING THIS MAY BE DESCRIBED IN A GROSS AND WEIRD WAY

So, I have my little acne cycle, the cream and pads, and stuff for shower use on my face.
Recently, I felt that weird feeling, like a pimple of sorts will form, not the pain but like, you know somethings in there. However, it's under a birthmark, so I can't really risk the birthmark.

But umm...it kind of..popped itself, earlier. It was bloody and gross, mainly blood. My birthmark is legit gone, and I'm seriously not kidding. It's on my cheek also, so it's obvious to see. The issue is, since it kinda popped or something, I tried to get rid of anything left. Only a little more blood came out, so I cleaned it up and bandaged it. The issue is I still feel that weird stuff underneath, and a little to the side of it. I'm not worried that it's something serious, otherwise it would probably feel worse.

It's just gross and annoying, and I'm only worried about what the hell happened to my birthmark.
Blaaaaaaagh.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It's probably just residual infection, swelling and angry nerves. Keep antibacterial salve on it and keep it covered with a bandaid. If it doesn't start to heal in a couple of days though, you might be looking at mrsa or something, so visit your local urgent care.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Warm compresses and or drawing salve will help it as well. But Nach is right. If it doesn't clear up, have it looked at. Mrsa is nothing to mess around with. So in the meantime, I'd be very conscious in preventing any infection spreading, just in case.

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Unread post by NoraNora »

Thanks for the suggestions. We iced it for a while before using some antibiotics on and and letting it 'breathe' overnight. It didn't noticeably better but, at least it didn't get worse. I just but more biotics on it and a bandaid since I of course need to go to school with it, but I think we're getting it checked out afterwards.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Hope so, and it's an easy prognosis. But you wanna put heat on it, not ice. Ice constricts. You want the infection to warm and come out. The ice will just tighten everything up. Warm compress, saline rinse or wound wash, then dry it gently, put antibiotic on it, and then cover it so it doesn't hard scab over, so the infection can get out of it.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Rant about a bad parent I know

It's extremely frustrating to watch someone fail as a parent. I can't even say anything to her or she gets offended.
Her 6 year old son has high bloods pressure because he does not get enough exercise...Heck, this poor kid gets winded just walking on a flat road. She lets him eat WAY to much sugary treats!
He argues EVERYTHING and she doesn't do much (if anything) to teach him that that is not appropriate behavior. Heck, the kid's the boss in that house...His dad tried to be a good parent but then SHE steps in because he's being "to mean" and it scares him (their son). Heck, the Dad can't even tell his son "No" without the kid burying his face in his mommy and crying that "Daddy's being mean/scary."
She doesn't even correct his speech...He pronounces my Daughters name as Kaywa (it's Kayla), says things like "I telled him it was my toy" instead of "I told him it was my toy" and she doesn't correct him!! Because it's "cute."

Our kids have been friends since they were about 2-2 1/2yrs old...I've looked after this boy so many times and I correct his speech, and pronunciations while he's here and he talks fine after about 30min. I am firm with my directions, I am not asking if he wants to do something, I am telling him "this is what you are going to do!" He does not argue with me because I've asserted that I am in charge in my house. He responds and behaves himself here, but the moment mommy comes to pick him up...he reverts.

It's so absolutely painful to watch a good kid with a bad parent.

I get it she has health problems, she has back issues, she has Fibro, she has this and that...she smokes WAY to much pot and cigarettes , she relies almost exclusively on both to function...if she doesn't have one or the other, she can't do anything.
Heck, the moment she has a headache she keeps her son home from school because she can't take him to school (fyi the school is a 5-10 min walk down the flat road...) if her son stays up all night he gets to stay home for a mommy/son day because he's "to cranky" and they are "to tired" to walk to school.
Yeah, sure reward him for staying up...that'll teach him...FUUUUUU!!!!

Heck, she won't even take her son anywhere unless someone is around to drive them...there is a bus stop right by the school...one goes downtown (where there is a BIG park/playground) and the other one goes up to the mall where you can get a transfer to pretty much any area of town. But she "doesn't like taking buses/there are weird people on the bus"

As a parent, I know I am responsible for my children, to teach them to be good kids, how to talk, share, care, to get them exercise, how to follow directions and respect authority, but still know when it is good to question that authority. To teach them to make smart informed decisions, to be able to comfort themselves when hurt/upset, but to also know I am there supporting them. As a parent I know that my children need a strong foundation to stand on, and that this is not a task that I (a parent) can slack off on. This is someones LIFE I am responsible for. This is what you accept when you become a parent.

I don't understand why she does not view (by her actions) her son as important.
As a parent I gave them my life, not the "die for them" life, but the every single day of my life is for them giving.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Got home from word today, did some crap on the computer, then turned off my screen before me and my BF went over to my fathers house to do our wash.
We were gone for a good part of the day. A couple of hours.
I get home, turn on my screen and am met with "WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10!"
no.
I have been telling my computer 'no' when ever it asks me if I want to upgrade for weeks now. Why the FUCK would it just go ahead and do it without asking me?
I feel disrespected and betrayed.
Computers are supposed to do ONLY what you tell it to do. Not do things on their own.
It's not so much that I hate windows 10. Its the fact that I was not yet ready to upgrade and it went ahead and did it anyways.
I'm just so furious.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bowno one of the computers at work yesterday did the same thing. I think Windows is trying to force the issue with users. We ended up declining and it uninstalled and reverted, but the fact that the popup is so invasive and annoying and then the company tried to force it on you anyway is very off-putting.