Rant Thread

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Honestly her becoming a badguy is the way I see her story ending. She's already acting like she's one thing away from murdering people.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Dear sleep schedule can we please go back to something more normal?
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

She doesn't need to be a villain. I'm tired of all the characters who've had bad experiences or trauma becoming 'omg so evil'.
Really it's tiring. Let's see Blizz actually write her letting go of her hate and healing. Please.
:/

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Peridot wrote:She doesn't need to be a villain. I'm tired of all the characters who've had bad experiences or trauma becoming 'omg so evil'.
Really it's tiring. Let's see Blizz actually write her letting go of her hate and healing. Please.
:/
Yeah. They wasted such potential with Garrosh and I'm still salty about that. Hell, I'm still salty they killed off Malygos. I've done the quests a million times over. It never made sense that he was 'suddenly going mad'. He had no reason to. No old god influence. No nothin'.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I got the implication that it was the magic itself that drove him whacky. It -has- been suggested/semi-demonstrated that powerful magic users that don't restrain their magic use go nuts, and Maly was the -aspect of magic-. So he plugged himself right into the Eye of Eternity and rode it to crazy town.

On the other hand, he may well have known something we didn't (like... maybe too much magic use 'kills' the titan Azeroth, since it's sort of her blood kinda) or that by using too much we're likely to break open reality like an egg and let the Bad Things in (again). I think it's more likely the former, though. And it wouldn't be the first time we stabbed someone that was technically in the right.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It always came off as he was 'over correcting' cause he kinda did nothing for awhile then realized "Oh crap I need to fix this and now" cause mortals were screwing magic. But it felt dumb to kill him. It had nothing to do with the lich king.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I kinda feel like there was a good chunk of that story that didn't make it in. We had one and a half zones focused on 'dragon story', and then... we get two dungeons and one very small raid that no one liked. But there really wasn't any depth to it. There was more plot laid for the troll raid we didn't even get.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah and Cata made me mad because most of the vital parts of the story were all in books, especially Thrall and Aggra's relationship. If you never read them, you'd be like "Wait...wtf....she's spoken two lines to him. How are they in love and getting married?!"

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That was just bad story telling. If it's important info it should always be in the main bit of media (the game) and not I side bit of media that most of the player base wont read.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah. I actually refused to read them. And kinda pretended if it wasn't in the game it didn't exist. Hell, haven't they made their own material non-canon when game events conflicted? (koff koff koff med-an koff)

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

100% agreed. I dont mind side stories like Day of the Dragon, but....that was a major reason I don't like Cata.

Nacht: We don't talk about that.....thing......

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bought faction swap.

Three hours later, still no swap icon.

Complained on forums.

Still no answer.

This frustrates me more than it has any right to.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

RIP Gene Wilder

LisaaraPokefarm

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I hope whoever is DDOSing the server has enjoyed their lives to the fullest so far.

Because I'm going to find them and fucking slaughter them.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Damn ddos losers have to ruin our fun and ruin what was the best launch I ever saw by making the game unplayable for many I hope when Blizzard finds these fuck tards they send Illidan, Garrosh, Thrall, Deathwing and Arthas after them. I was hoping to have a fun night in Legion but no thanks to these dumbasses who want to ruin it all cause mommy took away their bottle well losers grow the fuck up and suck something other than mommas tit. Legion will go down no matter what these fuckers do as the best launch ever was so smooth was so awesome to port Dalaran then log my hunter and get the moose so watch out you ddos fuckers the Legion is coming to burn your damn souls.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I'm really enjoying Legion so far, but I have one issue in particular that is absolutely irritating me.

"PvP" in Dalaran sewers. A.K.A, getting griefed when trying to get my warlock out of there once I leave my class hall. I really hope something is done about it. I haven't gone near the place for any other reason because of it. There are so many possible fixes. I'm on a PvE realm. I didn't sign up to be griefed in a zone I'm obliged by game design to be in.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Bangeall wrote:I'm really enjoying Legion so far, but I have one issue in particular that is absolutely irritating me.

"PvP" in Dalaran sewers. A.K.A, getting griefed when trying to get my warlock out of there once I leave my class hall. I really hope something is done about it. I haven't gone near the place for any other reason because of it. There are so many possible fixes. I'm on a PvE realm. I didn't sign up to be griefed in a zone I'm obliged by game design to be in.
I guess I'm confused I haven't run into any PVP when there? as a matter of fact i have a huge pink thiing on my buff bar saying the guards are watching

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I've been at this for over 3 hours! All I need is 1 Stunned, Angry Shark! One!!! Why is this taking so damn long, I've caught 4 Message in a Beer Bottle and 2 Decayed Whale Blubber, where is the damn shark? :| 0

EDIT:3 Decayed Whale Blubber! Ugh!!! :mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm starting to get a little bored/frustrated with Hati.

I don't really mind the lore that much and the idea is cool...but for my main character, Hati is not the right fit at all, and being stuck with him for my entire questing experience has just been...offputting. It feels like I've got this constant extra companion that I don't really want to have around. It makes me feel cluttered having that many things follow me. I've always liked going out with just me and my pet to explore new continents, and Hati is an annoying presence that I can't get rid of unless I unequip my weapon (which I've been doing more often just to get rid of the thing). I'm hoping it'll feel a bit better once I can change Hati to a different beast, but the knowledge that I'm going to be stuck with 2 pets the entire expansion is...meh.

It's just not for me, personally. I'm sick of seeing this blue wolf everywhere.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Syleye wrote:
Bangeall wrote:I'm really enjoying Legion so far, but I have one issue in particular that is absolutely irritating me.

I guess I'm confused I haven't run into any PVP when there? as a matter of fact i have a huge pink thiing on my buff bar saying the guards are watching
As far as I understand it, the guards can be paid off by players to "go on a break", which seems to happen constantly on my realm. Luckily there is a separate exit warlocks can use to leave the class hall, but it makes trying to quest/fish down there frustrating.