Rant Thread

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Update on my lag issues: Found out part of the problem was that the Windows 10 update turned on Xbox dvr...turning that off helped a lot...but I'm still laggining like crazy every now and then.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Out of 250+ applicants, there was 14 of us that were selected. So, there was this young guy Mike. 21 years old, has a lovely wife. He was determined to know the material, far as we could tell. He was even an undertale fan, so I thought he was awesome. Our trainer said our class has a comradery he's never seen before. We became a family and cared about each other. We get 7 weeks of training. Week 7 is nesting where we're taking calls on our own. We all made it that far. Tuesday, Mike was late, saying his room mate he kicked out drained his car battery. Wednesday, he didn't show at all. We were worried something bad happened to him. No one could get ahold of him. Not me, not our trainer, HR, Scheduling, or our classmates could get ahold of him. It got to the point we called the police to have them check on him. He said he was fine, just home sick and his phone was acting up and he had called the front desk. That last part made us skeptical, especially our trainer because we have an attendance line and we were told multiple times to call that line and our trainer. So, one of my classmates, Sebastiaan, got a text from him later that night saying he lied. He planned to only stay for a couple of months cause his parents or something were gonna help him open a computer shop in Arizona. So....we were all livid the next morning when we found out. Not only did he steal a spot someone could've really used, but he fucking lied to us. We reached out to him and he didn't have the decency to tell us the truth. We even welcomed his wife into our little family, getting her a card when she participated in the first pot luck. It felt like he just gave us a slap in the face and two middle fingers. We saw him in the office on Thursday, smiling like nothing happened. We all flat out fucking ignored him like he didn't exist. We photoshopped him out of our class picture too. My trainer gave him a piece of his mind too, essentially telling him he needed to grow the fuck up because what he had done was wrong in every sense of the word.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Warning: Slightly gross.

Woke up this morning feeling extremely dizzy. That is every time I moved my head I got extremely dizzy. If I were able to keep still I was fine but it eventually got to the point where I felt like I was going to be sick. So I got up. Which made it worse. I made it to the bathroom and did throw up but since then I haven't been able to lift my head completely without getting dizzy again. Otherwise as long as I keep my head down I'm fine. I can eat fine, I can drink fine. I just can't look up. It's a pain.

To top it off my step-mum now believes I have food poisoning and won't let me touch anything. Yay I don't need to cook tonight (I don't like cooking) but now if I want or need anything I need to ask someone to get it for me. Blegh.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

First off, to update from my previous post I went down to the local health centre this morning. All they could say was it's either a virus or possible labyrinthitis (inner ear infection) and gave me meds to help alleviate the dizziness. So far I'm feeling better but it's only been one day yet. We'll see how I feel in the morning: Sleeping's been the worst part.

New rant. Today I was talking to another hunter in the guild about our artefact progression. When I mentioned I was only focusing on survival he asked why, and when I said that it's the only spec I enjoy he outright told me to reroll my class "because there are so many other better melee specs than survival". And when I said that I play for fun not max output he then blamed me for our lack of raid progression. Firstly he's not even in the raid group so he has no idea what dps I'm pulling and second our's is a social raiding guild. Progression is nice but we don't aim to push everyone to their limit to clear the entire instance in one night. I don't get why people expect that of raiding guilds, social or otherwise. If you want hardcore, go find a hardcore guild.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

First day on job as asst. cat groomer. Cat #1 is great.

Cat #2 decides to maul everyone in reach. Got clawed up, nbd, then he did his best to bite off my right pinky. Great googly moogly does it hurt. Three deep punctures right at the base of the finger (one right in the first joint!).

I stuck it out till the end though, even though I couldn't really use my right hand after a few hours. I hope I get willingness points.

On the upside it's feeling a little better now. I may actually be able to sleep. WoW's offlimits for a day or two though cause jfc it hurts.

Current hope: no infection/doctor trip.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Someone keeps intentionally leaving rotting food and moldy bread on the kitchen table...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nachtwulf wrote:First day on job as asst. cat groomer. Cat #1 is great.

Cat #2 decides to maul everyone in reach. Got clawed up, nbd, then he did his best to bite off my right pinky. Great googly moogly does it hurt. Three deep punctures right at the base of the finger (one right in the first joint!).

I stuck it out till the end though, even though I couldn't really use my right hand after a few hours. I hope I get willingness points.

On the upside it's feeling a little better now. I may actually be able to sleep. WoW's offlimits for a day or two though cause jfc it hurts.

Current hope: no infection/doctor trip.
You probably know this already, but cat bites can be surprisingly dangerous from what I've read. Please be careful and keep an eye on your injuries. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote: You probably know this already, but cat bites can be surprisingly dangerous from what I've read. Please be careful and keep an eye on your injuries. :D
Cats have absolutely filthy mouths, yes indeed, and this fuzzy bastard needed his teeth cleaned in the worst way because hoo boy was his breath ripe! Yesterday I noted the swelling, sighed irritably, and got my doctor to squeeze me in. Diagnosis: 'yep, it's gross, have some antibiotics'. Fortunately, cats' oral bacteria tends to respond VERY well to penicillin and its derivatives, and within about 24h of being on amoxycillin I've noticed a distinct improvement. It still hurts whenever I bump it and the finger's still mostly out of commission, but it's mending.

All animals have pretty gross bites. I never got infections from my snakes but I suspect that's because what lives in a snake doesn't do well in an endothermic organism. Dog bites are also really awful, but easier to clean because, well, they make giant holes when they bite. Cats have very narrow, pointed teeth, so punctures close quickly and there's really no chance to wash out the contaminant before it happens. I mean, i washed mine basically immediately and it was still too late. I don't imagine human bites are nice either but our teeth are kind of awful for biting that way, plus the holes are wide and shallow so easy to clean. Also, MOST of us brush! haha~

Related rant, good lord why are these pills so huge, they're bigger than those godawful multivitamin horse pills...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

You think cat mouths are bad don't google human bites, human bites almost always get infected :shock: so gross! :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Bah been having chest pains for a bout a week now.. with numbness in my fingers and hands.. Wrote to the doctor. .havent heard back yet..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My pain is really bad today and it's just making me super tired and grumpy and ugh. I'm so sick of this. :'/

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

So one of the big barn cats decided to die in our attic yesterday, the smell.................... :| :mrgreen:

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Abusive ex is making his way back into a community where I thought I was safe from him. And mutual 'friends' are okay with it, while I'm feeling completely fucked up as a result. Not fun.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I love to be so excited about something only to have it crumbled down around me by disappointment. I'm so fucking furious

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I can't decide what to spend my precious tiny bit of fun money on. :|

Tired of dog breed drama. Dude, the dog BIT OFF A POMERANIAN'S HEAD. IT IS NOT NICE.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I may have had a heart attack and I need a new PD, but I'm terrified of getting a new one, I hate life right now. :| :mrgreen:

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

so the most recent storm knocked our power out on friday. my computer took a little bit to start, then froze when i was finally able to log in.
i've been jumping through fucking hoops with some friends to try and fix this mess, and nothing has worked. as much as i hate to, i'm about to scrap my desktop for money because that's the most it can give me now. a 7+ year old computer just can't do it anymore.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I spilled scalding hot soup in my crotch. >____<

Nothing delicate got burned but my thighs sting like MF and my jeans reek of miso.

...also, wasted soup, dammit.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Backspasm and back pains.. hurts so much i want to jump out the window ..but I cant walk due to the pain .. and im not allowed more morphine today. ..i hate pain :-(:-(:-(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm just fecked off in general atm, apart from work being shit (my god can't people just take some responsibility and DO YOUR DAM JOB) I'm just becoming disillusioned with trying to plan anything with my partner. Near every and any time I try to plan something (especially holidays) with friends, everyone gets excited and gives something us to look forward to. We all talk about timing and activities and the likes..... and for some reason he can't get time/books the wrong date and can't change it. And it's just been a constant thing with so many of the things planned lately and leaving me at a loss. (And no, sadly I can't just sod him off and go without him, I'd regret it and just wish him there the whole time)
I like something to look forward too/aim for, and when it keeps getting shot down I'm now left thinking why bother? :|
The icing on the cake is that when this does happen he says nothing. He just coasts along as says nothing until it's unbearable and then I have to say "Oh sorry guys we can't make it" and it sits on my shoulders. I'm so sick of being "Mean Dad" when others are too dam soft to suck up their part in a situation. It's even more upsetting when it's someone you love because you'll always to do it for them..... even if it upsets you just as much. :(
/rant

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­