Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My husband got diagnosed with a listeria infection today. He is so very sick. :( I've read these infections can be dangerous....
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Unless he's elderly or has a compromised immune system, he should be okay, but I'm sorry he got it. LIsteria's a particularly obnoxious kind of food poisoning 'cause refrigeration doesn't stop it from growing. I got it from cheese dip when I was in college and let me tell you, driving with a 104 fever is no fun for anyone (also in retrospect my decision making ability was also severely, severely impaired but there you go...)

Just keep up the antibiotics and make sure he takes ALL of them! No one wants antibiotic-resistant listeria....

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Dewclaw, as long as he takes all his antibiotics and keeps well hydrated, he'll be ok. It can cause menigitis, which is dangerous, but I'm sure the doctor talked about that. But, other than that, it's much more dangerous to the young, elderly, pregnant and immune compromised than to a healthy adult. Just make sure that while he's keeping hydrated, you keep his electrolytes in line, especially if he's vomiting alot. So, gatoraid/powerade work ok, broth is good, warm water with lemon, honey and salt is good if you don't have those, pedialyte is probably the best.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

God I hate being guilt tripped into doing stuff...mum is so annoying atm. I don't need to see you every week just chill out. And if you have to use guilt well maybe you're just driving me away more? Maybe I'm just a terrible person. Whatever.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Guild member has been guilt-tripping me for the past three days. I know she's on new meds and that that has been affecting her, but my own mental health isn't exactly in a fantastic state lately and she's only making it worse.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

That feeling when everyone in your raid group who didn't already have a legendary (and some who did) gets a legendary in the same raid night and you're the only person to not get one.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I still don't have one.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I hate Tyrande Whisperwind's voice in WoW. I don't know if it's the actress, or if Blizzard/Metzen made her talk that way, but it's awful. Also, fuck you Blizzard for the screaming harpies in Val'Sharah; you would think the people bitching about Sindragosa still would have made them think twice about that.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Just holy freakin hell America....well I hope your districts win in the upcoming hunger games!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Goddammit, now I'm crying again.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I hate Tyrande Whisperwind's voice in WoW. I don't know if it's the actress, or if Blizzard/Metzen made her talk that way, but it's awful. Also, fuck you Blizzard for the screaming harpies in Val'Sharah; you would think the people bitching about Sindragosa still would have made them think twice about that.
Apparently Tyrande's voice goes back to the original Warcraft games and they've used the same voice actor throughout. Though that doesn't explain why she has that accent, when almost every other Night Elf, including the ones she grew up with, speaks like an American. Poor voice direction I would guess.

I'd love to say it's improved but the voice directors clearly think that Americans can do British accents when they more often than not cannot. The true Worgen curse is their godfuckingawful parodies of British accents performed by people who generally seem to have no clue. Whoever voices Granny Marl in Bradensbrook should be tried before the World Court. Even the woman who gives the daily quests at Lorlathil, who mostly seems to have gotten it right, still pronounces squirrels as "squirls" showing she has little understanding of the differences at that level. Seriously, if they had done, say, Indian accents with that level of carelessness and parody they would have had accusations of racism levelled against them, and they'd deserve it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wain wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I hate Tyrande Whisperwind's voice in WoW. I don't know if it's the actress, or if Blizzard/Metzen made her talk that way, but it's awful. Also, fuck you Blizzard for the screaming harpies in Val'Sharah; you would think the people bitching about Sindragosa still would have made them think twice about that.
Apparently Tyrande's voice goes back to the original Warcraft games and they've used the same voice actor throughout. Though that doesn't explain why she has that accent, when almost every other Night Elf, including the ones she grew up with, speaks like an American. Poor voice direction I would guess.

I'd love to say it's improved but the voice directors clearly think that Americans can do British accents when they more often than not cannot. The true Worgen curse is their godfuckingawful parodies of British accents performed by people who generally seem to have no clue. Whoever voices Granny Marl in Bradensbrook should be tried before the World Court. Even the woman who gives the daily quests at Lorlathil, who mostly seems to have gotten it right, still pronounces squirrels as "squirls" showing she has little understanding of the differences at that level. Seriously, if they had done, say, Indian accents with that level of carelessness and parody they would have had accusations of racism levelled against them, and they'd deserve it.
Oh really? I had no idea that that has always been her voice. It is the most awkward, awful sounding accent; like she's trying to be Russian or something and failing miserably.

And yeah... The more I hear the worgen talk, the more their terribly fake accents grate on my nerves as well. It does seem a little odd how badly we're allowed to butcher these accents.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

TygerDarkstorm wrote: Oh really? I had no idea that that has always been her voice. It is the most awkward, awful sounding accent; like she's trying to be Russian or something and failing miserably.

And yeah... The more I hear the worgen talk, the more their terribly fake accents grate on my nerves as well. It does seem a little odd how badly we're allowed to butcher these accents.
To me she sounds like Counsellor Troi trying to sound Russian.

Worgen accents are so bad that they make Dick Van Dyke's 'accent' in Mary Poppins sound good.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Boven wrote:Worgen accents are so bad that they make Dick Van Dyke's 'accent' in Mary Poppins sound good.
I've always found Burt's cockney accent to be spot on.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

My older brother was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. His last surgery was today at 1pm. Haven't heard anything from his G/F yet..

The events of Tuesday night still have me upset and outright dreading the next 4 years. I cannot believe that "thing" is getting into office. "It" plans on defunding Planed Parenthood, wants to get rid of social security, and down in outright make it miserable for those that cannot afford anything. If it wasn't for Obamacare my brother wouldn't be getting the surgeries and care he needs right now.

I'm just at an utter loss. And I dread what that "thing" has in store for us.. :cry:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nooooo I think I'm coming down with the Con Crud. Nooooooo.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

My mom is visiting from Australia. She was suppose to go home Nov 12. Now she's staying until Dec 30th or longer.
She saw my husband today and mentioned that I was dpending Christmas with her this year...uhhh we never talked about Christmas plans yet.
Last year I took the kids and spent Christmas with my Dad and uncles, this year is the in-laws turn to have us. Now I get that my Mom hasn't had any Christmas' with the grand kids, but it really Pisces me off how she just assumes because she's in town everyone is just going to drop all their plans and traditions to do what she wants.

Easy enough for my sister who's in laws live in the same house as her and her family...fml.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Hate when the internet/tellie/media go fat ppl bashing... judging ppl by their looks is not good. The ppl who judge dont know their condition, why they ended up like they are etc.. Im tired to hear " all ppl can loose weight" .. well no.. im one of those who cant.. I been hospitalised for 4 weeks where they kept me on a near starvation tube food. I gained 16 pounds.. so dont come and tell me I can loose weight.. sigh and cry

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

What I thought was just a bad canker sour on my gums (by my front two teeth) turned out to be an infection. I let it go too long thinking that it would heal on it's own and now it hurts... a lot. It's all swollen, I couldn't go to work today, I haven't had a lot of sleep because of the pain... I did finally see the dentist today which did give me some pain killers and antibiotics. I've tried a few pain killers today, but I guess the swelling is bad enough that they're not having much effect. The antibiotics apparently take about 24 hours to start feeling the effects and I really hope it works. Now I need ANOTHER root canal and I have no idea how I'm going to pay for this... my insurance doesn't cover root canals and I'm going to loose my parents coverage at the end of the month.

I just want to pain to go away so I can sleep.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}