Rant Thread

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Varethyn »

Step-mum when she's sick: Insists on doing everything anyway and nothing we say can make her change her mind.
Step-mum when dad is sick: Freaks out like the world is ending.
Step-mum when my brother is sick: Mild concern, otherwise indifferent.
Step-mum when I'm sick: OMFG KEEP YOUR GERMS AWAY FROM ME AND MY HUSBAND

I feel so loved and supported right now.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Hubby´s mental health is totally fragile.. he might get fired for it.
One of our congregation members lost her sister in an accident, a truck turned and drove over her... not yet sure if the fault is the driver or our friends sister...
Another two of our elderly congregation members died in their sleep
My belly button bleeds more than normal..yet doctors claims there is nothing wrong

Yup normal week :/

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Is Lord hel'Nurath never friggin up? Really wanted the warlock class mounts so lvled my lock up, did breaching the tomb for the sixth time and got my two mounts (woo!) went to scope out the purple pony....one week later still not there. Wtf blizz :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I know I'm late to the party but how come I can only seem to buy all 3 of the hunter class mounts and no other class mounts? How is that fair? I want all the Deathknights ones >:(
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

cowmuflage wrote:I know I'm late to the party but how come I can only seem to buy all 3 of the hunter class mounts and no other class mounts? How is that fair? I want all the Deathknights ones >:(
The inconsistency in how the class mounts work really pisses me off. If I have to work for all the versions in each spec then fine, but I hate how I can't use some of them in alternate specs just because Blizzard "decided" it. As an example - my elemental shaman has a strong lightning/storm theme. I'd love to use the air version of his mount, but he's stuck with the fire one. It's completely arbitrary, and the fact that some classes can use all of their mount tints while others can't is just...really frustrating to me. Once again they've limited the player's choice in how they want their character to look.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I know I'm late to the party but how come I can only seem to buy all 3 of the hunter class mounts and no other class mounts? How is that fair? I want all the Deathknights ones >:(
The inconsistency in how the class mounts work really pisses me off. If I have to work for all the versions in each spec then fine, but I hate how I can't use some of them in alternate specs just because Blizzard "decided" it. As an example - my elemental shaman has a strong lightning/storm theme. I'd love to use the air version of his mount, but he's stuck with the fire one. It's completely arbitrary, and the fact that some classes can use all of their mount tints while others can't is just...really frustrating to me. Once again they've limited the player's choice in how they want their character to look.
I think for some class themes it was important to vary it by spec - the mage ones, the shadow priest one - maybe the DK ones - but the shaman restriction felt contrived. I think they decided that water = healing, so resto must have the water one, and so we have to force types on the other two. But there was really no compelling reason for any of them since all shaman work with all elements. It's nothing like the shadow priest, where it would seem strange any other way.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
I think for some class themes it was important to vary it by spec - the mage ones, the shadow priest one - maybe the DK ones - but the shaman restriction felt contrived. I think they decided that water = healing, so resto must have the water one, and so we have to force types on the other two. But there was really no compelling reason for any of them since all shaman work with all elements. It's nothing like the shadow priest, where it would seem strange any other way.
Yeah, there's a few I can understand, but then there's ones like the warrior where it's just a random colour - I want to use the purple one, but nope, my guy is stuck with black. :(
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Between migraines and diabetes, I have no idea what I'm supposed to eat anymore. If it's not a migraine trigger, it's a carb. If it's not a carb, it's a migraine trigger. And why the heck did the US have to phase out incandescent bulbs??? Some people need though for migraines. FML
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Yeah, there's a few I can understand, but then there's ones like the warrior where it's just a random colour - I want to use the purple one, but nope, my guy is stuck with black. :(
The warrior mount made the least sense of all of them! My guess: they didn't have time to make a fourth colour, and the pattern for vendor ones is usually one main and three spec colours, so they forced it to fit the one mount/three spec colours model. I think whoever added the warlock ones did a much better job - one basic one and two from various sources, unlinked to spec.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:Between migraines and diabetes, I have no idea what I'm supposed to eat anymore. If it's not a migraine trigger, it's a carb. If it's not a carb, it's a migraine trigger. And why the heck did the US have to phase out incandescent bulbs??? Some people need though for migraines. FML
Sorry, it sounds awful :( I hadn't heard about incandescent bulbs and migraines, it's made me curious. I'll have to go look that up now.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, they're the only way to go if someone has light triggered migraines. Unfortunately, they're hard to find now. And I'm actually violating the terms of my lease by using them. But, oh well. Halogen bulbs are sort of ok, but the spectrum of light isn't so great. At least they don't flicker. LEDs are far too intense and put out way too much blue light. Any flourescent bulb, including those cute little CFLs, flickers. Now if only I could afford one of those non-flickering computer monitors. And make the sun vanish.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:Yeah, they're the only way to go if someone has light triggered migraines. Unfortunately, they're hard to find now. And I'm actually violating the terms of my lease by using them. But, oh well. Halogen bulbs are sort of ok, but the spectrum of light isn't so great. At least they don't flicker. LEDs are far too intense and put out way too much blue light. Any flourescent bulb, including those cute little CFLs, flickers. Now if only I could afford one of those non-flickering computer monitors. And make the sun vanish.
:( It sounds like LEDs could be even worse, at least from the articles. I had no idea. :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote: Yeah, there's a few I can understand, but then there's ones like the warrior where it's just a random colour - I want to use the purple one, but nope, my guy is stuck with black. :(
Atleast you don't have to wait for a rare/elite spawn like with the warlock third variation...and it happens to be the colour I most want. I think there's an inconsistency with numbers too...like paladins have 4 they can use but Monks get one (plus a kick ass pet). You get three mounts with a DK and 2 matching pets but no hunter pets. Yeah it's kinda pot luck which class gets what it seems.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Meanwhile, druids dont get class mounts.
:)
*Tries to contain rage*
Despite blizz saying that it was a bug and would be fixed when class mounts went live.
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Siggy under construction!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Why can't Druids and Monks order follower gear with class hall resources?
Waiting for a hopeful random drop from a mission really sucks.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote:Meanwhile, druids dont get class mounts.
:)
*Tries to contain rage*
Despite blizz saying that it was a bug and would be fixed when class mounts went live.
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
That was sad :( They should have had them as flight form and mount options.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I don't think I'll ever work on a large project ever again. At least not in the foreseeable future. I've been shot down or had it flop because no one was interested so many times that I simply don't see the point any more. I wanted to contribute -something- to -somewhere- and have people enjoy it and be happy. Nothing I do works. I see things that are popular and take my own spin on it and... nothing. And given the content I try to make I think it's me rather than what I've done that turn people off. I just wanted to connect with people again.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I just got a phone call from my husband. He was in another car accident and has head trauma. EMS is on scene trying to get him to go to the hospital (he called me wanting a ride home). I am afraid to call him back right now because i do not want to interrupt emergency services as they were questioning him. I am so scared.

Update, he was arrested for dui. I feel lied to, let down, and I have lost all trust in who I thought he was and what he has been telling me. Only good thing is the arresting officer is a heck of a nice guy (He called me). My husband is "pretty banged up," as the car flipped several times. I do not know if I can continue being married to him after this. He is currently trying to get himself home from jail.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Dewclaw wrote:I just got a phone call from my husband. He was in another car accident and has head trauma. EMS is on scene trying to get him to go to the hospital (he called me wanting a ride home). I am afraid to call him back right now because i do not want to interrupt emergency services as they were questioning him. I am so scared.

Update, he was arrested for dui. I feel lied to, let down, and I have lost all trust in who I thought he was and what he has been telling me. Only good thing is the arresting officer is a heck of a nice guy (He called me). My husband is "pretty banged up," as the car flipped several times. I do not know if I can continue being married to him after this. He is currently trying to get himself home from jail.
:hug: Take care of yourself whatever you do

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw wrote:I just got a phone call from my husband. He was in another car accident and has head trauma. EMS is on scene trying to get him to go to the hospital (he called me wanting a ride home). I am afraid to call him back right now because i do not want to interrupt emergency services as they were questioning him. I am so scared.

Ohh hun. I feel for you.. It must be very hard :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to yell at feel free to write to me :hug: :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig