Pokemon!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Oh! I was raised as a girl in the era of when Pokemon Cards spread like wildfire across English schools (at one point they were actually banned, I think). I still remember trying to trade my Magic: The Gathering cards and all the kids looking at me funny. xD (This was about a week before my birthday, I think, and I asked for Pokemon cards).

I watched the anime at 7:00 in the morning before school, I had the plushies from Toys 'R' Us (that was right around the corner from me, and I insisted my mother would bring me so I could go get a Jigglypuff plushie), I had a Pikachu pajama-case that came with me ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE =3 And whereas it sort of died out with other people growing up, just like the franchise, I continued shelling out for the merchandise :P

I was a bit late to the games, and I can't quite remember what my first Pokemon was... When I was younger I was more PC-game orientated, but the first handheld I did get was a second-hand Gameboy Colour from GameStation (I saw one in the window that was Yellow and had a Pikachu on the front, goodness knows why I didn't pick that one up instead of the purple one...), along with a copy of Crystal. I was completely hooked, I played it every waking minute, even when I was told to go to bed I'd have a torch with me whilst I played under my covers (no backlights back then haha!). I went back every time I finished a game, I got Gold, then Silver, then Yellow (gotta love second-hand games). Then my baby brother (well, I say baby, he's only 5 years younger than me and he's 15) got Pokemon Ruby for his birthday, which I was furious at, wondering why on Earth I didn't get Sapphire (tradition in our family is to give a gift to the other sibling on their birthday, yes it's childish and we've stopped doing it, but back then it was a necessity, haha). But I waited patiently until he got bored of his brand-new game, with my lovely new Gameboy Advance. =) Which then became an SP, which then became a DS, which has now become a DSi!

I've played every single one of the handheld games by now (including all the Ranger/Mystery Dungeon spinoffs), and a few of the console ones (Colosseum and whatnot) and I'm a firm believer in the 'original was the best', but some of the newer games have aspects which I absolutely love, and some of the newer Pokemon are gorgeous to boot. =3

But I do know I always must have a Dragonite, an Eevee Evolution (Vaporeon, Espeon, or Glaceon, depending on the versions), a Raichu and a Miltank if I can, they are just the best!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I'm loving it so far, and I've only played for about 3 hours. xD

I used to adore Pokémon when I was little, but only the games and cards and show. I had a DVD that had the first three or four episodes on it and I think I watched it every other day. I even had a book containing all 150 Pokémon, their offical art, and detailed Pokédex-like entries. I also had a Pikachu plushie that I packed around everywhere. I eventually got bored of it and didn't think twice about the series, maybe pausing to wonder what the heck all these new Pokémon were that I saw on ads here and there.

Lat year, my sister got a copy of Diamond and played it for a bit before telling me to give it a try. Now, I thought Pokémon was a little kid game but decided to try it out anyways. I realized how fun it was and got hooked from there. :lol: I'm the only one who plays in the family, save for my aunt (Though I'm trying to get my mum to give it a try). Whenever we visit we end up geeking out on Pokémon together, haha. It's too bad I got into the series so late... I never got to try the older games. Well, thank goodness for second-hand games and remakes!
My first Pokémon was Chimchar (Possibly inspired to pick him because of this artist, who may have also got me curious enough to try the series through her adorable art, heh).

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Oh! This is the perfect thread to share these with you guys. =3

I crochet in my spare time, and knit aswell, but (with the help of some wonderful patterns online), I make plushies. Sometimes Pokemon plushies. =3

These are just two of them, Wooper and Mew:

I don't particularly use Woopers, but I saw the pattern and said I just HAD to make it =D

I've only ever had a Mew in Yellow through that famous glitch, but now I can have one in the real world too! (I just wish it came to life and started 'mewing'...A girl can dream. =)

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

AWWW THE MEW OMG THE MEW!!!!!!!!! I want one :lol: !!!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Awwwwwww, thanks! It's funny, for a few months I had a dismembered Mew head and arm and leg floating around the house (not literally, obviously. That would be weird.) because I ran out of wool! When I finally decided to pick up some more wool and continue with the project, my crochet had gotten significantly more comfortable and thusly looser, so Mew has ended up with an arm and a leg that's a little bit smaller than the other because of the tightness of the crochet. =3 It's barely noticeable, but as the crafter herself, I KNOW. xD

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Tyuriwen wrote:Awwwwwww, thanks! It's funny, for a few months I had a dismembered Mew head and arm and leg floating around the house (not literally, obviously. That would be weird.) because I ran out of wool! When I finally decided to pick up some more wool and continue with the project, my crochet had gotten significantly more comfortable and thusly looser, so Mew has ended up with an arm and a leg that's a little bit smaller than the other because of the tightness of the crochet. =3 It's barely noticeable, but as the crafter herself, I KNOW. xD

Omg make a Vulpix!!! :D :lol: And I dont see it haha..

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Omg make a Vulpix!!!
I'd try, if I had the wool. =) Living this close to the core of London means that craft items, like wool, are few and far between. And when you do find them, they're way too expensive. I tend to make things based on the colour of the wool I already own, so I had the blue and the pink left over from my baby hat projects =)

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

AWWWWW!!!! Those are AWSOME!!!!!

You could totsly make them and sell them on eBay or something!! I greatly admire people who can make awsome pokemon plushies :3

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You could totsly make them and sell them on eBay or something!! I greatly admire people who can make awsome pokemon plushies :3
I would love to, since it would make me quite a bit of money, but I'm not sure about technicalities with regards to copyright (I'm sure I could find out, I'm just slightly lazy/too busy). Not to mention I use a pattern (albeit altered) that was very lovingly given out by a crafter on a craft website I'm registered to. So unless I make my own pattern from scratch (which I could, again slightly lazy/too busy to sit down and write out a pattern), I can't sell the things I make, I don't think. So I'll just keep them for myself or give them away to friend's kids. =)

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

File it under Parody and you'll get away with anything.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

LMAO, cheers for that Saturo! :P

I was thinking of making Lugia next =) According to the pattern, the arms are so heavy they need to be 'propped' with wire mesh...that's going to bed fun >.< *cuddles* *gets poked in the eye by wire mesh* *ow* xD

Reminds me of when I saw a Shiny Lugia in Crystal (yes,yes, no hax!)...didn't think much of it (didn't know about shinies back then) and thought my GameBoy Colour was bugging...accidentally killed it, reset the GameBoy and continued trying to catch it...boy am I gutted. ;_;

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Warning for those that want a shiny Victini, Reshiram, or Zekrom: It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to legitimately get these legendaries in their shiny forms as they were programmed to NEVER appear shiny. The shinies may be given away in events or something in the future tho...never know

As for my SS progress....

Getting ready for Gym #2. Got mah Zubat and Quilava rdy to fight XD
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

How odd 0.o Everything always has a shiny...(I dont use things like Action Replays, so they're all there more special to me when I do get one!)

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I can understand about the legendary dragons, since the opening into movie when you first meet them would seem bizzar if a normal crashes through the wall, but you fight a shiny version instead...

Though I dont understand why they wouldn't make it possible to get a shiny victini since theres no real introduction for that pokemon.

Ahwell, once I update my AR it wont matter, I'll have the shiny versions of the ones I want (Shiny Braviary and Rogginrolla are top two)
Sadly i havent gotten any other shinies in my B&W games aside from those two shiny Audino's and I dont really like that pokemon very much asides from KOing it for mass exp.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Idk why they did it.

But they DO have shiny sprites (shown on Serebii.net), most likely to prevent crashes for hackers that try to hack up shiny forms.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

ImageImageImage Sadly, asides from Victini, I like the shiny versions better.

Though some others like Vizirion, which becomes pink...I like its normal version better lol.

My top favourite shinies though are: ImageImageImage<---By far my fav color combo ImageImage

~~~
~~~
~~~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I think I might settle for a ROM of the game for now until I have extra money to actually buy it. (Or I'll wait for the third game to come out) I'm starting to feel left out since I'm gonna miss the Victini event. (QQ) I'm also gonna see if I can get a upgraded AR when I do get the new games. Then I can have some real fun with it. >>

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I love that Arkanine sprite!! Now I want to go get one and use it!!!! I always forget how epicly aswome they are, and they're Legendary pokemon to :P

~~~
~~~
~~~

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

A long, long time ago,
I still remember my charizard
Used to make me...smile
And I knew if I had my chance
I could bring my Max-y back
And burn them all to...death.

(To the tune of American Pie. Yay improv-song rewrites! I think it's a bit choppy.)

Anyways, on topic, we got Red and Blue with our gameboy colors loooong ago. I never played then, but I was always a huge fan of...yeah, Pikachu. For Halloween one year, I had a hand crafted Pikachu costume. I called 'em "Biggerchus".

Eventually, better quality games came out, but I really got into it with Fire Red and Leaf Green. My dad and I played together, and it was amazing. Diamond came out, and I got it for my birthday...Loved it. And so I pined after Soul Silver, and when my parents asked what I wanted, I knew I wanted that. Only that.

Of course, I came upon this part of the forums, and my love just kind of exploded. Poke RP made me appreciate them more, and suddenly RP pokemon popped up in my teams, and I tried new things. Sure, I'm weird for liking Pokemon. But I don't regret it.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Earlier I was walking towards the livingroom when I heard my BF playing with our daughter. He was on the floor with a blanket infront of his face and he'd pull it donw like a game of peek-a-bo, and everytime he did that he was saying "Peek-a-chu! Who's my lil Peek-a-chu?!"

I think I know what I want to dress her up as for next Halloween :)

~~~
~~~
~~~