The Happy Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

That's awesome, which one are you doing?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I see Tail docking for dogs and cattle is going to be banned in NZ. That's neat.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Good! Now if they'd just ban that and declawing and ear docking in the US, the world would be a better place.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Syleye wrote:That's awesome, which one are you doing?
It's very similar to the Keto diet where the first two weeks you go through an induction period where you have no carbs at all. Just meat, eggs, and cheese. After those two weeks, you can have 40g of carbs per day. You start losing weight very quickly it seems.

Basically the diet cuts off a main source of what your body burns and makes it switch to getting rid of the fat, using it as the source of energy, rather than holding onto it. This weight loss will keep going so be careful. Once you get to your goal weight, you can have one cheat day a week where you eat whatever the heck you want. This will stop the process. You'll not lose weight then but you also won't gain it.

On that note, I'm down to 235! :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:I see Tail docking for dogs and cattle is going to be banned in NZ. That's neat.
That's awesome! I had no idea it was still allowed there. Usually your country is more progressive than mine. It's been banned in my state for probably over 20 years now. Dogs look so much better, and are so much more communicative, when they have their tails.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

cowmuflage wrote:I see Tail docking for dogs and cattle is going to be banned in NZ. That's neat.
YAY, that's awesome!! Still waiting for that in the US, as well as declawing/ear docking laws. I have a friend who says tail docking "doesn't even hurt them" when defending the docked tails on their dogs and I couldn't even express how wrong they were. Breed standards should never require surgically altering a dog!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

We downed Mythic Mother and Heroic G'huun tonight :D :mrgreen:

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Happy yesterday's nightmare is over. Michael tore through VA yesterday afternoon, and wow it was scary. Winds screaming, the roof making awful groaning sounds, trees down, roads washed out, whole towns underwater. I can't imagine how frightening it must have been for those in the gulf where it made landfall. :( So glad it's over.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

not sure if it goes here but sometimes i make silly stuff which makes myself smile.. even if there is noone else around to share the madness I still do it :mrgreen:

thought I share one of the silly goofy things i did today.. notice the name of the txt document. :P

it´s a small thing but it makes me smile - even with spelling errors and stuff :mrgreen: :lol:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Times where being a WOW player makes me happy about the community even with the crap we good guys and gals have to deal with due to the toxicity there are still those who help when asked. For sometime tonight I was trying to get the silver cobra only tamable during a Horde quest even made a class trial to try but anytime I lost aggro it despawned so I asked the hunter community I am a part of in game got it from here by the way and got someone to help by making a class trial on my realm and spawning it for me to tame so now I have a shiny new cobra pet.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I had THE COOLEST WoW dream! In the dream, I found this wasp in Voldun, totally new model that I'd never seen before. And that was cool. But then I sent it in to attack and it shapeshifted into a worm! A really cool, spiky sort of worm that looked like something Zek'voz would approve of. Minus the tentacles, of course. And then when the fight was over, it morphed back into a wasp.
And then I found a "prismatic wyvern" which is pretty much what it sounds like. It had white fur studded all over with rainbow colored crystals. It was tameable of course.
Yay for fun WoW dreams!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I got tickets to a stage show I really wanted to see in Japan this holiday!! The Gundam 00 show was something I desperately wanted to do and thanks to a proxy service I snagged two tickets for opening night (which is the day we fly into Tokyo) weeee im so freakin happy right now!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Horde tears are so wonderful after what they did to Alliance at start of BFA by camping us and not letting us do anything all while complaining we don't turn horde mode on well they got their wish only thing now is they are whining because we are doing same thing to them. How did they not know Alliance would give them hell for the crap they gave us payback is a you know what Horde so suck it up and git gud.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote:Horde tears are so wonderful after what they did to Alliance at start of BFA by camping us and not letting us do anything all while complaining we don't turn horde mode on well they got their wish only thing now is they are whining because we are doing same thing to them. How did they not know Alliance would give them hell for the crap they gave us payback is a you know what Horde so suck it up and git gud.
So, attack posts masquerading as happy posts are really not what this thread is for. Please keep it positive and not belligerent :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

FINALLY got the system to listen (thanks to the laywer). They moved us two blocks to a similari appartement. Still dirty, still small bathroom but without the holes in the walls and without the mold. I can acces the toilet (amazing 5 centimeters from my stomach to the wall but doable ) so I just have to use sanitary wipes cloths to wash myself. But better than before so happy. They moved us last evening and done moving our stuff from one Block to the other as of 10 min ago. We have a lot of cleaning to do, then put up our furnitures etc but miles better than the moldy freezing place.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Have just been able to walk the 7 steps up / down my staircase, 20 steps to a trash container and back again.

That's what I can do for now. It's going to be hard, but I'll want to be able to walk at least 100meters to start with. Might not sound like much but to me it is. Small goals is important. Looong road ahead of me but I will do it

Lots of pain now and sounding like an old coffee grinder but I did it!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Great job tarn. :)
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Yay Tarn, that's the spirit! Really glad to hear you got away from that terrible last place too!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Very glad to hear that you were able to move someplace better :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

YAY I'm so happy to hear you're in a slightly better place now Tarn <3 It was tearing me up to hear how bad the old "new" place was. And heck yeah at being able to walk up stairs! I know things are really hard for you and walking isn't the easiest, no shame whatsoever in having a goal that might seem small to other people when you aren't other people.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!