The Happy Thread

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm glad that you aren't having to deal with mold and cold! And small steps are good. Everyone has to start somewhere. Good for you!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tarn I'm really glad to hear there's some improvements in your situation. It's hard to hear about the troubles you guys have been having, and I can't imagine having to deal with them in person. I hope your lawyer can continue to help in some way.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Here is a real happy thread moment for me yes it is 8.1.5 yes it is Hati but the fact we get him back means a lot to me after seeing him go away then having animal companion as a weak replacement yes weak I ran with it for awhile but now killer instinct is better anyhow I feel again this is a victory for us the hunters who liked Hati. I was so involved with #savehati and #hunters4hati it is so awesome being listened to and getting him back.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

:hug: Tarn I am happy for you and rooting for you and your health <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I cannot begin to describe how hard it is on my psyche to get used to being able to get out. Every fiber in my head and body screams due to anxiety. And what is my cure? I decided to have my friend come pick me up tomorrow so we go to a café... yup cure for being scared and sad of getting out is going out - seams logical. ..

I know it is going to be such a hard struggle and I know there will be days where i lie and cry because of the challenges ahead of me. But because I have my faith, I feel like I can pray to Jehovah and He gives me the strength to want to become a better and newer person. No matter which challenges I face, I know that Jehovah will help me. :headbang: :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, it sounds like this move, despite all the bad aspects of it, might be what you needed after all. I don't recall seeing you talk about getting out of the house prior to this. I'm surprised and glad to see you say that. Sometimes it takes something nearly catastrophic to be the catalyst for change. I'm glad you're getting back into the world. I've been there and it's rough. I barely left the house for years when things were really bad, so I know how it is. It's weird getting used to the world again. It's weird and hard. And, if you're anything like me, you're going to realize at some point that the world moved on without you. And that is going to suck. But, just remember that you're still in the world, even if you are a bit out of step, and that it is a good place to be. It does get easier though, with time. You'll probably still be scared. You'll probably have set-backs. That's just how it goes. But just keep going. You can do this. I think going out with a trusted friend is an excellent idea. You also have your faith to fall back on, which I'm sure is helpful.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

<3 There are few things that I can recommend as much as going out with a trusted friend to help remember what going out is like. It's gunna be hard sometimes, as Teigan said- but I've found (for me, personally) that being stuck indoors slowly strips away my sense of reality, and just one trip out into the world can ground me and help me remember that this world is big and beautiful.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

My bunny boys all came back from being neutered and all 3 seem to be doing good. <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I finally got my cats dewormed and fleaed. Such a pain and thank god it's every 3 months!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Teigan wrote:Well, it sounds like this move, despite all the bad aspects of it, might be what you needed after all. I don't recall seeing you talk about getting out of the house prior to this. I'm surprised and glad to see you say that. Sometimes it takes something nearly catastrophic to be the catalyst for change. I'm glad you're getting back into the world. I've been there and it's rough. I barely left the house for years when things were really bad, so I know how it is. It's weird getting used to the world again. It's weird and hard. And, if you're anything like me, you're going to realize at some point that the world moved on without you. And that is going to suck. But, just remember that you're still in the world, even if you are a bit out of step, and that it is a good place to be. It does get easier though, with time. You'll probably still be scared. You'll probably have set-backs. That's just how it goes. But just keep going. You can do this. I think going out with a trusted friend is an excellent idea. You also have your faith to fall back on, which I'm sure is helpful.
Back where I was I could not get out. I fall when I go down stairs and we lived on the second floor, which means 40-50 stairs to fall down of.. Now I "only" got 7. I still fall but no were near as bad so I can go out. I made a mental note that I wanted to force myself to go out if we came to an apartment closer to the floor. So second day of moving in I went out with the trash. I did it again yesterday. My body shivers in pain and my mind is about to explode but I know that if I keep on doing it it will get easier - I hope. I cant even walk more than 20 steps but with a little training I might get to 100 which is my first goal. I will get a person to come pick me up once a week to go to a place where I can train and where they take know of and can take into account my disability and the things i cant do. My mind is about to explode because of this and I spend 6 hours crying over it yesterday but prayer helps. I know that if I put my faith in Jehovah God there is nothing he wont help me with. Not saying it´s going to be easy and I do expect alot of setbacks but I hope that in a few years I might be able to even take a bus!

Ohh and Syleye Im glad your bunnies are ok :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Proud of you Tarn. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Saturday I drove my electric scooter to a meeting in our kingdom hall, 4 kilometers there and 4 kilometers back. Took all my energy so went to sleep and woke up today. Decided after a couple of hours of talking to myself to drive out an shop.. just came home..

I am in so much pain both fysically and pshycisaly. But still happy if it makes sence. I can only make it with the help of Jehovah God. Praying to Him gives me strength :)

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Got all six skins of my good boy tamed remember it like yesterday we lost him yet thanks to Blizzard Hati is back.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Borderlands 3 was officially announced today. I knew it was coming but it's great to see it being officially announced.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was the very lucky winner of a screenshot contest over on Twitter, and the prize was a personalized autograph from Patty Mattson, the voice of Sylvanas! :'D I'm so excited to have this, what an awesome keepsake from one of my favourite characters! <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

That´s awesome!! congratulations!! Love the poster!

I got a new doctor which seems kinder than those i used to have.. I hope the best

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

wow that's awesome Veph

and Tarn I hope the doctor is better :)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

So there is a small artist alley con in Auckland called Overload that I do every year and guess who is this years special guest? JUNJI ITO! Like no shit. The OG of horror manga is coming to a small con in Auckland XD
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

My list of happiness:

1. Going to York in August on an unoffcial study trip with almost my entire class and one of our professors. This is on our own vacation time and money and we still all wanted to go sadly not all had the opportunity to do so but it says something about how amazing we have it together when we bother spending our summerbreak together! =)

2. Hopefully by Thursday the 13/6 I will be turning over my bachelor thesis without issues. (It pretty much have almost killed me because of my diagnosis and the fact my brain is wired differently and I tire out quickly)

3. Since I got into the Master programme I feared I had to rebattle the system to get my support added back, guess what everything went straight through right away! For once something in Denmark works! =D

4. This is geeky; But the Danish part of ICOM will try and speed through my application so I can get my membership before my trip to York. It took me 3 years to finally apply for a student membership!^^; XD But yeah now I can flash a cool card as well and get into paid exhibitions for free or half charge because I am in the museum world! =)

5. I managed to order a limited edition loot box before it was sold out.

6. I went to London for the first time ever and while the airport parts were hell mainly in Kastrup due to my diagnosis, the geeky trip and the fact me and my friend went to the Harry Potter studios were awesome! =) We'll be going back next year if we both can afford it. =)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'll just leave this here.