Rant Thread

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lupis »

broke the arm off my glasses two days before school starts, on a weekend. DANGIT

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:broke the arm off my glasses two days before school starts, on a weekend. DANGIT
D: can you see with out them? if not maybe superglue can be your friend till you get a new pair?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Cow- late reply, but luckily I was able to get replacement frames the next day, so it all worked out okay!

New rant, though- our older (not very old, maybe 7 years) leopard gecko suddenly got very, very sick. Taking her to the vet ASAP but I'm worried its gone too far to save her- we didn't see the signs until it was severe. I feel like such a dumby for not noticing earlier but I'm still new to geckos, and she's a runt who has always suffered problems. Considering how she's been struggling to shed on her own for a few months, though, I guess I'm not too surprised, just bummed. Don't want to start out this semester with yet another pet death- the GF has already lost her dog + a second family dog last month.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sorry to keep posting here, but this is the only place I feel safe venting. Today my husband posted a snarky comment to my mother in law on Facebook. She got snarky back, and now he's beyond furious and on a rampage, even going so far as trying to drag me into things with stuff that has absolutely no bearing on anything. I stay exhausted dealing with his meltdowns, and am just so completely lost at this point.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

My god, Dew. ;_; I can't even imagine how exhausting and awful this has been. He sounds like he's truly become a different person.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Have you ever had someone fling racial and sexist comments at you because you did not give them your spare change? Had that happen to me today at the trains. I use a HOP card so I don't carry change for train/bus fair. Hardly anyone does nowadays.

Like why would you think yelling at someone would make them give you stuff? I never got that.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:My god, Dew. ;_; I can't even imagine how exhausting and awful this has been. He sounds like he's truly become a different person.

He has. The fact that it's due to brain damage doesn't make it any easier.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The fact that people don't seem to understand that politics is not just an American thing. Like every time I go on Twitter it's nothing but American stuff and people assume you follow it 100% and are always up to date with it and get really insulted if you ask "Who's that?"

I'm sorry if I don't follow the politics of a country on the other side of the world I have a hard enough time following my own countries! Hell it's hard enough following Australia and their ever changing PM situation!
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Found out I'm anemic right after getting my flu shot ugh now I feel like roadkill. I won't be productive for a while. I wish crappy things would happen to me on weekdays so I could call drs.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Got back into WoW recently and I'm slowly catching up on all the new things, one of them being the Trial of Style. I think it's a nice little event, and it's got my interested in collecting mogs for all of my characters again. But I can't get over how salty some people get when they lose. Don't know why I'm surprised when people manage to get salty over literally every other aspect of the game, but insulting people's t-mogs? Why bother? Geez.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Just got an e-mail from my dad. My youngest brother, who has been dealing with a head injury very similar to my husband's, has been hospitalized for not eating (my husband is also anorexic) and not taking care of himself in general. I can see now, that if I did not fight my husband to eat and do things, he would be in the same boat. I am so tired from fighting, but it's necessary. I do feel, though, that my husband's condition has been getting worse, and that there is a downward slide that I do not have the ability to stop. I don't know what else I can do.

Still several days away, and the track may change (fingers crossed), but we're also looking at the possibility of a major hurricane hitting later in the week. Virginia (where i live) has already declared a state of emergency.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:The fact that people don't seem to understand that politics is not just an American thing. Like every time I go on Twitter it's nothing but American stuff and people assume you follow it 100% and are always up to date with it and get really insulted if you ask "Who's that?"

I'm sorry if I don't follow the politics of a country on the other side of the world I have a hard enough time following my own countries! Hell it's hard enough following Australia and their ever changing PM situation!
I feel the same tbh. I couldn't give two shits what trump is doing and unless he directly does something to effect us then I seriously don't care.

To be fair Cow we've made it a yearly thing so everyone knows when the change is happening :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I wish the warfront rares would drop something for me. All this work for nothing, I mean they are not easy to kill (at least for me!)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I wish the warfront rares would drop something for me. All this work for nothing, I mean they are not easy to kill (at least for me!)
I feel ya and second this rant :( (especially as a boomkin! Some are not easy at all)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I wish the warfront rares would drop something for me. All this work for nothing, I mean they are not easy to kill (at least for me!)
I feel ya and second this rant :( (especially as a boomkin! Some are not easy at all)
I swear the mount dropping ones are harder then the normal ones. They feel harder to me.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Oh Depression! Thou art a viscious cunt. :(

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

slowly going out of my mind- the gf has a whole slew of things that make stress worse, to the point where too much stress gives her memory problems, general illness, and newest, fainting spells. she's also one of the most unfortunate people i've ever met when it comes to her life going wrong.

so lately, her life has been going pretty shit. three pets died in two months, none of whom she's had time to stop and grieve for. she's excessively tired for a reason we can't decipher, and thanks to parental pressure, is enrolled in four digital studio classes that she has no interest in that are eating her time + inducing a great deal of stress. on top of that, she's working on two projects on strict time crunches outside of school, but balancing those + schoolwork hasn't been going well, especially when she's so exhausted every day that she needs tons of sleep.

as you would expect, this has shot her stress through the roof to the point of fainting today, and since that point having pretty severe memory problems. i'm doing my best to help her get projects and homework done but i also, unfortunately, have projects due this week that need work still, so... the amount I can do is limited, at best. i'm trying to talk to her teachers and just come to understandings with them to allow her more time on things, becuase god- I can't do another semester like the last one, and neither can she.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Fuck roaches...fuck them all....seriously....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I got peed on at work today. Normal dog pee smells bad enough, but this dog has hind end paralysis, so the urine sits in her bladder for long periods of time until it is expressed. It's pretty foul. She was being dropped off for an exam and the pressure of my arm around her caused her bladder to express, and i got drenched. It took 3 floor moppings and a scented candle to get the smell out of the lobby, and I was ground zero. Ew.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I am SOOOO sick of people expressing their opinions as though they were "fact".

"(insert singer's name) is so overrated, all his/her music is just bland ballads". said by a person who admits to only liking dance music.

"This movie was stupid." said by a person who admits to hating the very genre of the movie.

People, for phoque's sake, if you don't LIKE something, then SAY "I don't like this"... don't try to pass off your opinion or taste as anything OTHER than your opinion or taste!!!
It wasn't the "worst movie ever made" unless you happen to have a formidable background in film history and are able to make an objective assessment based on that background.
It isn't "THE BEST SONG EVER WRITTEN" unless you actually have the musical background to make that objective assessment.

No! Your fricken' opinions do NOT matter as much as those of someone with the requisite background.
Your opinions are exactly that: reflections of your feelings or preferences. Keep it at that. Dammitall, discourse would be SO much more polite on the interwebz if people acted this way.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.