Rant Thread

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, but still...doesn't Denmark have basic building safety codes? That cannot just be a US thing? What you're describing would violate state and local building codes here.

Edit: I mean, yeah, people live that way, and worse. But those tend to be unregulated private residences/slum lord situations where the government has never been asked to look in. I was under the impression Denmark was a fairly decent country and in many respects superior to the US, and in any case, not the third world. I really can't shake the thought you've been led astray by an incompetent and/or hostile official.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Sadly ppl on the low end of the income market is not regarded highly. Denmark has high standards just not for my class of ppl. The general public makes twice -three times what we get. So in the goverments eyes we are just a costly burden. But talked to a layer from amnisty and they might be able to get us an appartement without holes and mold. Shower they can't fix. Going to be the same general appartement but just more isolated.
Just meh about the whole thing. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I can sympathize with how awful it is to live in a moldy environment. The weather where I am has rainy seasons, and this house has a basement filled with mold. The mold spores make their way into the air of the rest of the house (the house is not insulated,the walls are just open space), and it's just a mess. We have dehumidifiers installed in the basement and downstairs, but it doesn't stop the smell. Leaving an open window helps air it out, but it's hardly convenient when the weather is super cold.

I knew grief could get messy, but my eyes this morning were so swollen they were just two slits. Thank goodness I didn't have to work. After several hot washcloth treatments, the swelling is going down some18? hours later. I miss my boy. :(
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Test results in. It was a virus that wrecked his immune system.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm so sorry, Dewclaw.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

At least i have closure.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

It's something anyway. When I lost my boy, Thunder, a few years ago, I never found out exactly what happened. He just fell apart in a matter of days and then was gone. It haunts me. I'm glad that you know what happened. It doesn't make it better, but, closure does help. :hug:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh, god, I'm so sorry Dew. I lost my dog to a mystery illness and all the closure we got was that the vet admitted no matter what it was, it was clearly going to be fatal no matter what. Hold your memories of that sweet boy close to your heart- some day you won't cry when you think about him, but that warmth will always be with you.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I can never do anything right. Why do I exist?

I wish I didn't. I don't matter. All I do is make things worse.

I don't matter. It would be better if I'd never existed, never met anyone.

I'm just a blight on peoples' lives. I'm the scum of the Earth.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

My rants:

I stayed home friday instead of going to uni with a bunch of minorly radioactive fossiæ spare parts for my bachelor project assuming my packages would arrive... Guess what they didn't arrive then or saturday...

Today: I have to go to uni drop off 3-4 kilos of before mentioned rocks, pick up some things there which we have been asked to take home as this is the last year on the bachelor. I can't bring my laptop along for my work because it won't fit with the rocks in the box in a bag (no way I attempt taking more than one bag during rushhour!). So it's basically 1,5 hour one way to drop off the rocks, pick up stuff, then 1,5 hour back with the train and then I bet when I do arrive home my mailbox is littered with delievery notes.... The frustration is real!!!! And now I better move my butt and walk to the station!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just like the last big update the person you have to kill on Horde side is bugged.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I haven't even logged in yet for all the "exciting new stuff" cause I just sort of don't care at this point.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Money is so tight atm we had to ask for an extension on the mortgage. Grocery budget was $30.

Long day at work, get home, husband is home and is messed up due to issues with meds, slurring, staggering, etc. I just want to eat and nap since I've had practically no sleep since Fri. night. He makes a big mess with his meal. Spend rest of my day cleaning up the mess, which extends from his desk upstairs, to splashes all over the floor going downstairs to the kitchen.

I'm so far past the end of my rope I've hit free fall.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

when people use the term "breeder" when talking about either people with kids or straight people. I find it to be such a gross term.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I guess now is a good a time as every to try to start loosing weight. After all I can't eat anything decent due to these stupid fucking teeth. Two root canals and this fucking cap on one of them fell off when I was trying to chew soft stuff slowly. Oh, the actual crown won't be ready for a two weeks. Go fucking figure, oh and I'll have to do it all over again on my top tooth with another flimsy cap that will just fall off because crowns apparently take two weeks to make??????

I fucking tired of my mouth being poked and prodded. Can't get anything fixed until tomorrow. I'm pissed, depressed and just done. I'll just curl up in my bed for the next two weeks.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Tooth problems are the worst. I'm so sorry, Aleu. 8( I hope the pain goes away as soon as possible.

I got a cat recently! I love her so dearly, and I don't regret a thing. The only problem is her separation anxiety- as I was VERY rudely told by the neighbors today, sometimes she yowls when we leave to go to class. I've only ever come home to this once, but I admit, it's pretty darn loud and annoying, so this is something we definitely need to fix... before we start getting noise complaints. :/

God, DANG i want to just move into a house. I'm so tired of apartment life.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My husband was let go from his job today. I only have a part time job, though I've been looking, all I've gotten is rejections.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I just don't get some people. My friends wife has never been nice to me and says random mean shit all the time - like not openly but kinda pissing on my parade sorta stuff then turns the conversation to about her. She's also insulted my husband to the point my friend felt the need to apologise for her. But still my other friends make excuses for her like "oh she just doesn't get it" or "she misunderstood" - NO. She's a shit human being to me. I don't know why either. I've never done anything to her except support my friend when she has a random hissy fit about nothing. I really don't think I can tolerate it anymore and feel like if she does it again I'll just lose my shit at her. I have to see her on the weekend too...ergh.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

My brother and his girlfriend have decided that they don't need to vaccinate their animals, which include indoor/outdoor cats and dogs and rabbits. It's not because they can't afford it. They just don't like vaccines all of a sudden. And this area has a rabies problem, not to mention stuff like parvo and distemper. And here I am with both a healthy fear and an unreasonable phobia of rabies. I guess it's a good excuse to never go to their house again. We don't get along and my partner has an extreme allergy to rabbits, so it's probably for the best. But I can't stop thinking about my parents being exposed to rabies through their animals.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It feels really weird to have to kill one of your allies leaders in a raid.