Rant Thread

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:The fact that I can't seem to solo the Warlock class mount quest ;-;
Update I did it! Whoo :D also I found out hunters are not the only ones who can buy the other class mount colours but it seems one of the warlock colours is from a rare drop? lame!
yes it's super annoying. I mean its a 100% drop but it took like 3 weeks for it to spawn on my realm....I feel ya.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I just had another breakdown. A streamer I watch and am friends with was planning on doing the Stardew Valley multiplayer beta tomorrow, with friends and followers who were interested in playing it. I was one who said they were interested. After seeing another streamer play some with his wife I was really looking forward to tomorrow. But turns out the streamer decided to move it to today instead and had already picked who to play with prior to the stream starting. I am unconditionally livid at this. With the way I've been feeling lately it feels like I've been dropped and abandoned by a community I thought I was a major part of. I shouldn't feel so much about it but... it broke my heart. If he'd posted somewhere how the player selection would be it wouldn't be so bad. I feel like I'm slowly being left behind by people I cared for and thought cared for me.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So my mother in law is pretty much the queen of inappropriate comments. At our wedding when an aunt remarked "öh won't they be so happy together" her response in front me at the bridal table was "well we'll see"....anyhoooo recently my sis in law discovered she's preggers (yay!) it was an accident but seems to be a happy one. She says she isn't telling anyone yet...MIL writes a post on facebook! ok foul 1. In response to a comment she writes "yes it's been a long time coming"" whoa whoa whoa hold up! Firstly umm rude. Second not two years ago she was telling my mum my husband and I were just babies (i'm older than sister in law btw) and we shouldn't be having kids yet cause shes TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDMOTHER. Mixed signals much? I'm just happy this ''happy accident'' happened to his sister and not us tbh. and after seeing that shit maybe she won't be getting any more grandkids...(not that i was 100% sold on breeding anyways).

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:So my mother in law is pretty much the queen of inappropriate comments. At our wedding when an aunt remarked "öh won't they be so happy together" her response in front me at the bridal table was "well we'll see"....anyhoooo recently my sis in law discovered she's preggers (yay!) it was an accident but seems to be a happy one. She says she isn't telling anyone yet...MIL writes a post on facebook! ok foul 1. In response to a comment she writes "yes it's been a long time coming"" whoa whoa whoa hold up! Firstly umm rude. Second not two years ago she was telling my mum my husband and I were just babies (i'm older than sister in law btw) and we shouldn't be having kids yet cause shes TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDMOTHER. Mixed signals much? I'm just happy this ''happy accident'' happened to his sister and not us tbh. and after seeing that shit maybe she won't be getting any more grandkids...(not that i was 100% sold on breeding anyways).
Wow, even if the parents were telling people, nobody should ever post announce it before the couple do themselves :P Your mother-in-law sounds pretty self-absorbed.
Varethyn wrote:I just had another breakdown. A streamer I watch and am friends with was planning on doing the Stardew Valley multiplayer beta tomorrow, with friends and followers who were interested in playing it. I was one who said they were interested. After seeing another streamer play some with his wife I was really looking forward to tomorrow. But turns out the streamer decided to move it to today instead and had already picked who to play with prior to the stream starting. I am unconditionally livid at this. With the way I've been feeling lately it feels like I've been dropped and abandoned by a community I thought I was a major part of. I shouldn't feel so much about it but... it broke my heart. If he'd posted somewhere how the player selection would be it wouldn't be so bad. I feel like I'm slowly being left behind by people I cared for and thought cared for me.
Bugger :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Looks like dad is going to lose his other foot now.
:L

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh jesus, Bowno, that's awful. ;_; What's happening with his feet, if it's not too hard to talk about?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

He's been a diabetic for a long time now. But he's been very careful. He's not overweight either.
He's 73 years old, and just a week ago, they took off his Right foot because it was starting to get really gross and bad. There was no circulation and it was just... dying.
So they removed the foot, but there still wasnt enough circulation so they took off the leg up to his knee.
Now, just a few days ago, they noticed that his left foot is starting to turn black too.
So.
Yeah :l
Its not fair. I'm so frustrated that this is happening to him.
He's had enough, Fate. He gets it. Go pick on someone else now. He's really had enough...

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh geeze, that's horrifying. That's not fair at all especially if he's been really careful and isn't overweight. Diabetes scares the hell out of me- the GF has type 1 that was poorly managed when she was young, and while she's actually improving, shit still happens that can't be avoided.

I hope some good things start happening for you and your father soon. ;_;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My hubby has type 2.. but because he also got some mental issues he can't cope with taking medicin. he has been without insulin for 3-4 years now. I try not to worry as that won't help him. I can't force him to take medication nor will I. His feet are aching with pain daily and the nerves started to die. .but his mental problems has to be dealt with first. .and us being poor in rl doesn't help.. I am not super worried though as I often don't think about it. I hope he has the energy to start on his insulin soon though. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's so awful :( There are some good new medications for helping control diabetes, but they don't work for everyone. :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hubby likes a medicin called Victosa the best. .but his pschyce is so fragile that he can only barely function. .. he can't handle anything besides two days work a week. Poor man...mental issues are so tough ! He has ptsd, social phobia, anxciety and depressionS. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I hope things re going a bit better for you guys now seems everyone's had a rough go of it lately.

My stupid neighbor who built a dirt bike ramp in the field behind my house and not his for his annoying children to make noise all day now has someone living in his backyard in a little hutch tent directly under my window who likes to smoke sending that crap in to my windows so I can't breathe at night while they slam their doors and talk really loud. Today I'm the annoying one. I've got an amp and they get MY music. Here come pirate shanties from assassins creed dirt balls. Enjoy it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I was born with herpes in my blood. And very often I get big painfull blister on and around my lips. Have a huge one atm. ..It really hurts so badly. The ointment i got is only a small relief of the pain :(

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Tarnfalk, I know you posted about your husband a while ago, but I just now saw it. Has your hubby considered doing a keto diet, or at least really low carb? I'm a T2 diabetic, and have some similar mental health issues and I've found diet plays a surprisingly large role. It can be hard to get started with, especially a strict keto diet, but when I'm eating low carb I feel much better mentally as well as physically. When I fall off the wagon, my emotional state takes a turn for the worst. More stable blood sugar helps with depression and anxiety both, at least for some people. My doctor wanted me on insulin when I was diagnosed, but I've managed to keep off of it this way. And we're pretty poor too, but it's still do-able :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Teigan- more and more I'm hearing about how keto is really good for mental health + diabetes. As much as I really hate to give up carbs... I might need to look into it for the gf and myself. (I'm probably just fine, but it'd be easier if we both went keto!)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

It would be alot easier if you both did, for moral support and for keeping bad food out of the house. It's not so bad if you get into it and stay into it. You would find that you don't miss carbs after a while and that processed sugary, salty food is actually quite awful. The biggest adjustment is what to do about side dishes and bread. I still haven't solved bread, but some people find things like cloud bread to be a decent substitute. There's also the idea of baking with nut flours, but that is hella expensive and I haven't figure out if almonds are actually a migraine trigger for me. But some people find that to be a good solution. But, where you'd normally have say, rice or noodles, just make a second vegetable. It seems weird for a while, but, then it becomes normal :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Okay why are NZ avacardos $6 plus in NZ and yet $1:50 in Aussie?

WTF IS THIS BULL >:(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I´ve read about the Keto diet.. but the problem is that hubby dont have the mental energy to do it.. and I can and will not force him. His mental health has been going down hill for quite some time sadly... He only works two day a week now but he struggles to do it so he might have to stop... No pill or doctor have helped so far. ... the best I can do is to just be there for him and not pressure him to do anything... that just makes it worse sadly. Also the Keto diet require more money than we have. We can just manage to feed ourselves with the cheapest stuff we find in the store... luckily we are in a season where fruit and vegs are relatively affordable.. but still not enough so we can afford buying organic sadly..

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can take his insulin, as high/erratic blood sugar are probably making his mental issues worse, and then his body getting sicker is making him feel worse mentally. Vicious cycle, that. It was really hard for me when I was diagnosed with diabetes, because I was so depressed and anxious I barely left the house. I still can't work, but I'm doing so, so much better than I was then. I firmly believe that changing my diet and starting to exercise literally saved my life and sanity.

Low carb and keto diets don't mean buying the finest foods. No need to buy organic vegetables and grass fed beef. That's a bit silly that so many sites say you need to do that. It puts people off, because alot of people simply can't afford that. And just doing low carb without committing to full keto is great too! Keto is not for everyone, for alot of reasons, but low carb can be. A bit of the beauty of low carb is that it is not readily available as a pre-packaged processed diet. (And don't buy foods marketed that way because they're trash) It forces you to cook fresh, wholesome food. And when you do that, you see and control what goes in. This means lower calories, lower sodium, lower icky chemicals that don't belong in food anyway. But it doesn't have to be fancy. A bit of cabbage and chicken goes a long ways. Also, reducing portion sizes reduces food cost and helps weight loss, too. Not buying processed food saves SO much money as well, both directly and indirectly. And there is no shame is seeing if there are any social assistance programs for help with food, especially with him being disabled. Food is medicine, and very powerful.

:hug:
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Rest in peace John Bain, aka TotalBiscuit aka The Cynical Brit.

I may not have been a huge follower of your content for the last while but you have entertained myself and so many people for a good many years. I wish I had been able to physically support you and your family in your time of need. Despite that, I constantly had you in my thoughts and wished for your treatment to work. I was ecstatic when it sounded like it had, that you were getting better. It broke me to learn that it not only came back but with a vengeance. You pushed through so much for so long, going so far as to outlive the time you were given. Yet even the most stubborn eventually lose strength. This news was not a pleasant thing to return home to.

You will be greatly missed. Your content was entertaining and informative. I purchased many games after watching your videos, either WTF Is or playing with people the likes of Jesse Cox. Your banter with your friends brightened so many days. I hope that wherever you are now it is epic, and that Genna and Orion will go on to live great lives. The world has lost one of its greatest critics, and a wonderful person.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.