WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480 ... 488  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 pm
Posts: 2322
Realm: Silver Hand - H, Shadow Council - A
I'd like to see proof that this has been changed, please. The guide here hasn't been updated and I keep seeing conflicting information.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3251
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
http://www.wowhead.com/item=147580/tome-of-the-hybrid-beast#comments Says so in the comments. Besides that, I have had a few guildies that have completed their Mount questline without having flying.

Here is the official Wowhead guide, which doesn't list Pathfinder as a requirement. http://www.wowhead.com/patch-7-2-class-mounts


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 pm
Posts: 2322
Realm: Silver Hand - H, Shadow Council - A
Thank you. :) I have these both bookmarked even though I'm still a bit on edge about this being true, as I find it hard to believe things that aren't explicitly stated on official sources. Hopefully the guide here will be updated eventually to reflect this (I know Wain's been super busy with BFA lately).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3251
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
You bet :) I think it was originally believed thay Pathfinde was required and some of the older guides still have it as a requirement despite it not being one. Yeah, Wain has a lot on his plate, but I'm sure he'll get around to it when his work with BfA mellows out.

Happy to have helped :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 4214
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU
Gender: Female playing mostly males
People pester me for ages to get on Discord. Then proceed not to talk to me when I finally log on Discord.

_________________

Image
Thanks Kamalia for the awesome sig! Avatar by me!
Check out PetEmote here! || Visit my Flight Rising lair! || Or my Pinkerlocke Lair!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 am
Posts: 68
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu
I wanna rant and I need to vent and the only way I can express myself properly or at least with minimal misunderstandings, hopefully, is by typing.

Why do I feel I need to vent out in this thread?! Well let’s start out with come background info to lay the foundation for everything.

Back in December, after a very stressful 2 year /3 rd. semester at uni I had a huge meltdown/crash caused by stress and anxiety issues. This was not the first time that had happened and before it had cost me educations and jobs, though this time I was determined not to lose my dream education and actually finally manned up and went to the doctors and councilors and so on and so forth.

Fast forward 2 months and I finally got the answer to all my troubles in my life or most of them at least. My diagnosis was not a shock to me since I always felt out of this world and never fitted in, never understanding human relations the same way as the majority. I have Aspergers syndrome (it’s still referred to that where I live at the moment at least). I have been incredibly lucky so far with getting diagnosed so fast since I got acute appointments due to my serious breakdown. I have been lucky that people, sadly not family so much, have at least politely accepted this up and my huge meltdown period until now…. I’m also privileged that though I can have severe anxiety issues they occur in periods and I am not seriously depressed, I can wear a, this term is the aspie/autistic people name for the majority, a neurotypical mask and function quite well as long as I have my breaks and hideaways from people. But when I crash, I crash badly and it usually costs me everything and takes me months before I’m back on my feet.

Currently I stress out over the slightest, daily tasks as simple as getting up and eating breakfast and catching the train can be a hazzle some days.

It all started last week basically, and while you guys will be hey last week you say, what’s the big deal, it is a big deal to me.

I had two flu days, which happens, but during those days my classmates got assignments for the next huge projects but when I did show up Wednesday the professors forgot all about me not receiving the details about this and while yes I should ask about it myself I do not currently have the energy or mental “capacity” to do so. In fact I was already so stressed out about the fact I hadn’t been able to read all the articles for our class due to my flu. The day passes mostly fine and then we get told our other classes are cancelled on Friday as well as we already have Thursday off. Yes you guys might think, long weekend. Hell no… It totally messes up my routine as I have a meeting Friday at uni regarding another big project I am to do and I have to spend a total travel time of 3,5 hours back and forth at least just to talk maybe an hour tops alongside to others. (I have no money and can’t afford to move before anyone points that out - sorry I’m on the aspie frustration warpath today)

I think “oh well I get to take the train a bit later, it will be okay and when I get home I can start my small report” which was due this weekend. I get up and despite bad weather and way too much snow where I live compared to where I attend uni, I get to school 2,5 hours before the meeting. While playing some games on my laptop I think “This is gonna go well. I’ll tell this professor that I recently got diagnosed and are going through a rough period and might have a few issues some days but that this eventually will pass when I get back to a more normal routine with less meetings regarding my diagnosis etc.” Half an hour before the meeting with the professor my two classmates pop up and we start talking, one of them asking about my game as they know I have a huge love for computer games/comics aside from the field I study.
We talk and suddenly we realize it’s 10 minutes past our meeting time. We assume our professor is just running late and wait another 5-10 minutes before two of us walk across the roof-terrace to the professor’s office.

We knock at the door and no one replies, on our way back we run into the guard/janitor. We ask him about if he has seen our professor and he replies no. Together we briefly enter the office to see if there’s sign of presence. There’s none. My class mate and go back to our classroom and tell the third one of us that our professor is MIA. We decide to find the phonenumber and attempt to call it hoping for a reply. It goes to voicemail, but eventually my classmate’s phone rings a few minutes later. Surprise, professor was home sick with the flu and had forgotten to call in sick. Yes I do understand failures are a human thing, but I already mentioned 2 days earlier to the professor that since we had the day off from another class (because that professor was sick too) that I might wouldn’t be coming in if the weather and trains were crap and just make my classmate make a skypecall to me. I even said I spend 3,5 hours in travel time in average and that was why I also thought about the skype call. So yeah while I said nothing it added to my already filled brain. (I already had other important meetings and a sick exam postponed because of flu that week and messing up so many planned things like that when I have a bad time just makes me regress backwards).

So after wasting 3,5 hours or something at uni for nothing I manage to get on a train after a lot of issues due to the bad weather down south where I live. (Apparently the only trains capable of running is Canadian ones barging through everything, Indian ones ignoring everything and the Japanese ones which even apologizes for being late with 30 sec., we sure as hell don’t get apologies for being late for hours here! All this is meant positively, though I agree perhaps a golden middleway had been the option for the trains in the world!)

The weekend starts with people not emptying the washing machine at time in the basement, almost causing me a fine as it runs into my time and it adds up again. In fact once I had done my laundry and dishes I was dead, literally exhausted from everything and the report I should have finished off never got written as my energy was just gone and all I eventually did was small chores like eating and getting a simple shower and taking another set of dishes Sunday.

Sunday goes okay until I look at my always soundless/vibrationless phone (I really hate phones and the noises they make) that I missed a call twice from my dad 3 hours earlier as well as 1 text. I call him back and the first thing he does is to explode at me why I don’t take my phone and answer his text (My dad is old and he just started texting barely a year ago and it’s just words like “call” and such.). I’m totally baffled and I have no idea what I have done wrong since my family has always been used to me calling back later and reply late all my life. I literally get my head ripped off for nothing as he just wanted to tell me, basically what I call useless info and rant at me because something didn’t go his way. My dad is not autistic and he’s just an old grumpy man who loves complaining about everything and calling everything hoaxes and whatnot. So as he continues his blaming at me for everything and nothing I just get more and more disheartened and when the call finally ends. I have no more motivation to cook dinner for the next many days and store it in my fridge, try to get that damn report done and later in the evening I skip raid and go to bed early.

This finally brings us to today. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep at first and then when I did I slept badly, briefly waking up once and then back to sleep only to wake up at 4.30. (I’m away from 5.30 am to 5-6 pm all weekdays because we don’t usually have days off at my education)
This morning I felt horrendous and I was almost like screw this I’m gonna take an aspie day and mail one of my main professors to let them know I had a very rough week/weekend/night. Though I felt bad because I was sick last week and we were going to have this amazing cool lecture today and the next 3 days at uni. So despite everything was crap I got up at five, rushed through everything and managed to run out the door at 5.30 to do my daily walk to the train station.

I get on the train which is a couple of minutes late, as usual, and packed with people (this is not normally as bad but atm there’s issues with the actual train motors on certain models so…. >_>; ). I get a seat, my book and my beloved phone with music to keep me company and from freaking out too much as I am already in high gear. I survive the trip and manage to get to uni without further issues.

Before class I play some computer to gear myself down and trying to focus and get ready for a day which is supposed to be a mix of theoretical things and actual practical things.

Around the time classes are about to start I close my game obviously and find my pens and paper. The door opens and the professor I normally have enters the class making the rest of us a bit “Huh?” since we weren’t supposed to have him this week.

He tells us that out guest professor won’t come at all this week because, no not the flu, his dad is on his death bed. (This is not my issue, I was just really bummed about missing out on a cool course until summer when we’ll get it instead)

He proceeds to let us know that tomorrow is cancelled we’ll do DNA analysis and whatever Wednesday and so forth. And then, when I’m having the most shitty day he informs me and another student that we have to be present for the remainder of the course or we’ll have to do an extra assignment because of too many sick days. Inside I get ticked off because I have told my reasons for being MIA at certain days, and yes while I did have 2 sick days last week in this course I still have 3-4 more weeks with this course including a studytrip which is obligatory. Why do I need to get a bonk in my head for it in front of everyone (While I don’t get people and am capable of reading them, I do actually feel bad for people when I understand and can relate to things by using parallels or myself – again thanks cruel for actually trying to beat me normal when I was a kid, it actually taught me something) so I actually also felt bad afterwards for my classmate, though her issues are entirely different than mine.

As usual, because I have been “beaten” into acting normal and polite I simply nod understanding. I’m not stupid just because I now have a diagnosis, quite the opposite as I do quite well in academics. Though inside I’m already screaming and yelling, wanting to find an escape routine I can briefly dig into so I can calm down. I manage to get through it and the class splits up, first team going to make some more gel for the DNA stuff we’re also doing atm. Meanwhile the rest of us are asked to read an article about aDNA, interesting stuff btw. I find the article on my com, glad once again I actually took it along this morning, and begin to read it. The others in my class quickly diverts from the task, one missing a com, another having a com not working as intended and who knows what. Instead they start, what today is for me very annoying and distracting, chitchatting about everything. On occasions these chitchats actually contain valuable subjects and interesting ideas even I like to talk about, but today not so much. Today everything is already way out of hand, so I don’t need to hear about “useless” things.

I try my best to focus and I read in snail speed with earplugs in my ears, no music though as when I am like this everything distracts me and reading heavy academic articles about aDNA is not a good combo with metal music! I want to leave but I can’t because we have no other place I can take my laptop and study in peace since my part of uni is very small and only admits students every 3rd year. Instead I’m forced to endure this noisy torture and occasionally I even have to reply to something when asked. I tried to reply friendly but I’m pretty sure I ended up being a big jerk in the end to everyone because both sides talked different languages today. I even at one point, when the conversation they had seemed to take a turn into something I could chime in on, say “hey guys, I told you (including the school) I have autism and today is a bit of a shitty day for me, would you please just lower your voices a bit.” But as always because I’m a social retard (sorry for using that word I know you Americans and most of the world hates it, but this is actually what I am when it comes to human interaction) and can’t express myself properly I got shut down/ignored after 2-3 words and my desperate plea for understanding went to hell.

The other team comes back and we discuss the article, which most haven’t really read at all or very well including the gel-team.

Then my group along with the others goes to make our gel and DNA charts (for info everything failed and our professor assumed one of the enzymes might have been bad).

We make the things we should, even if we all mess up some info at first because our professor accidentally switched 2 measures around (it got corrected). Then as my team wait for our gel and stuff to set, a classmate of mine says to me “Hey I think it’s awesome you managed to get here.” At that moment I was like “YES, you noticed how shitty I have been feeling, yes you are bothering to give me the positive line for the day. NOPE not at all, instead I turned out to be “It’s great you here considering all the snow you supposedly have where you live.” At that moment I could have killed my classmate since I actually posted a picture on my barely used FB account for the first time in months depicting the white horrors in my town. (I actually love snow!). I’m pretty sure he mean to be positive, but I sure as hell didn’t receive that line in that manner in my brain. To me it was sarcastic (again I have learned a lot by being forced to be normal, and I have the joys of knowing and understanding sarcasm and irony very well whereas normal jokes and people hurting themselves by doing something stupid don’t tick off anything in my brain.).

We concluded the classes not long after and I just went miserable back to class, packed my bag and left without even a goodbye to my present classmates.

And then ofc some idiots (sorry about the terms I am just frustrated and angry) had to either phone a bomb threat or threaten to jump in front of the trains when I was supposed to get back home… so that took a while before I got home. No wonder I hate people! >_>;

Once home I found out my professors, both, kindly forgot I have my last review at the psychiatrist next week and kindly placed my cancelled exam that day. Oh and my brother said my headset to my phone was shit, which my dad funnily enough didn’t say a word/complain about.

So ty world for handing me a REAL Monday! >_>; Ty professors and classmates for being so intolerant and oblivious today, you as normal people should have noticed my more than usual silence and general behavior as a warning sign that I didn’t need any more crap.

Ty family for not accepting my condition and not listening when I try to explain you things and today is not the day you bitch to me.


My day ended with me typing all this TL;DR to vent out my frustrations and feelings I can’t express in words or understand/comprehend/feel unless it’s written.

If you actually read all this, I thank you for the bottom of my heart.


Oh and for info: In general my professors are all amazing passionate teachers, and the one who ticked me off is one of the best educators I have ever had tbh. The school has been generally, so far at least, understanding and the classmates I have are actually on a common first place along another education I once attended for being the best ones ever.

Wish I could have said the same for my family, but unfortunately at this point we are not at the same page.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 4186
Location: VA
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Tar, what a lot for you. Find a quiet place and reboot.

I have always suspected I have Apergers, but have never been *brave* enough to get a diagnosis. So here I sit, always feeling different, dealing with some stuff that is way too much for me to handle, and trying to make it work. I get easily overwhelmed, and some days I can't even decide what cereal to buy. Some days sound and light are too much to handle. Simple things like gassing up the car or going to the bank can shut me down. Socially I am completely paralyzed a lot of times. I don't want to derail your rant though...

At any rate, I did read your rant and I hope things get better for you.

_________________
http://dragcave.net/user/Cylt -Dragon cave.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 4571
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Tarain, I can identify with so much of your post--difficulty with routine tasks, and stress from unexpected changes and over-stimulating environments. I constantly struggle with communication --even my spouse has difficulty reading me sometimes. So you're not alone. One website that helped me when I first found out about Asperger's is http://wrongplanet.net/

Edit: fixed link

_________________
Image


Last edited by GormanGhaste on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 4186
Location: VA
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
I am curious as to what treatment, if any, is available for Aspergers?

_________________
http://dragcave.net/user/Cylt -Dragon cave.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11761
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Personally I used to have a lot of issues with my Asperger's but I found that if I push myself into doing them it eventually makes things easier to do? I tell myself "it's got to get done so might as well do it now"

I mean I've known I have Asperger's since I was like 6 so I've had a lot of practice >.>

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:10 am 
Online
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 13426
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark
Realm: Not playing WoW anymore :)
Gender: Female
Dewclaw wrote:
I am curious as to what treatment, if any, is available for Aspergers?



Depends if its an adult, teenager or child... different treatments for each.

I found some links for you Dew.

http://www.kennethrobersonphd.com/five- ... aspergers/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2695286/

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autis ... r-syndrome

Asperger's Syndrome is an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The current medical understanding is that there are differing amounts of autism, but not separate disorders. Even though Asperger's Syndrome has its own name, it is just a milder form of autism.

_________________

Image


HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig


Flight Rising Lair


Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 4186
Location: VA
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Ty for the links tarn.

My rant. After a "mostly" ok weekend, last night was bad. Hubby was a mess. Slurring speech, impaired function, etc. Instant recipe for nightmares and night sweats. I'm reading more and more on distress families of brain injury sufferers go through, to the point of ptsd diagnosis. I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to that, if not already there. I just want to feel normal.

_________________
http://dragcave.net/user/Cylt -Dragon cave.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 2801
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I'm sick. It sucks. My head hurts and my vision's blurry. Whine, whine, whine.

_________________

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:35 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 am
Posts: 68
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu
Sorry for slow reply, but my internet company had maintenance/rerouting everything day which literally took 24 hours plus! ^^;


Dewclaw wrote:
Tar, what a lot for you. Find a quiet place and reboot.

I have always suspected I have Apergers, but have never been *brave* enough to get a diagnosis. So here I sit, always feeling different, dealing with some stuff that is way too much for me to handle, and trying to make it work. I get easily overwhelmed, and some days I can't even decide what cereal to buy. Some days sound and light are too much to handle. Simple things like gassing up the car or going to the bank can shut me down. Socially I am completely paralyzed a lot of times. I don't want to derail your rant though...

At any rate, I did read your rant and I hope things get better for you.


Thanks a lot!=) I can only say the best thing I did so far for myself was to get my diagnosis and confirmation that I wasn't totally insane, but there was a reason why simple things seemed daunting to me. That said depending on where you live, you life RNG and other things getting a diagnosis can be like fighting a war. I got extremely luckily so far as my country and my town especially is not known to be easy to get anything from when you have some sort of condition regardless if it's mental or physical. In my case it pretty much took 30 years to get my diagnosis, if I have to be fair it's probably more realistic to say 20-25 years. I just wish my family had been more open/understanding and persistent to actually getting me the help when I was a kid/teen instead of everything ending up in arguments and whatever because we failed to communicate.
So if you have suspicions, can tick off all/most the signs of either male or woman "symptoms" then I say it wouldn't hurt looking into the idea. Just note that female aspies or females with ASD as it's called now in the US, have other symptoms and are far better at managing to fit in and wearing masks than males, doesn't mean that our sorrows and hardships are less!

GormanGhaste wrote:
Tarain, I can identify with so much of your post--difficulty with routine tasks, and stress from unexpected changes and over-stimulating environments. I constantly struggle with communication --even my spouse has difficulty reading me sometimes. So you're not alone. One website that helped me when I first found out about Asperger's is http://wrongplanet.net/

Edit: fixed link


I'll definitely check it out when I get home and back online since my net was down for maintenance for 24 hours plus.... ^^; But yeah I have come to learn/realize that finding like-minded people, even if I "hate" everyone and generally dislike social medias, is a way to talk about things and get some understanding others might not be capable of because for them it's like breathing.

cowmuflage wrote:
Personally I used to have a lot of issues with my Asperger's but I found that if I push myself into doing them it eventually makes things easier to do? I tell myself "it's got to get done so might as well do it now"

I mean I've known I have Asperger's since I was like 6 so I've had a lot of practice >.>
Well like I wrote I have had 30 years to learn a lot since I was constantly hit in the head with "this is how you act, this how, stop doing that act normal, etc." So while I am smart enough and have developed acceptable coping mechanisms over the years it doesn't alter the fact that I always have been the odd one in a room as I seriously don't understand humans and sometimes having to interact with people outside subjects I like or uni is like the worst torture you can put me through! Usually for me it's about the thing I do with people not the actual people, I rarely have what I would refer to as somewhat normal relations with people. I might be capable of acting like it but inside I'm like, "why am I even here... oh yeah it's because you do that to be polite and normal!"! I'm helpful and mostly polite though a bit rough and blunt at times I admit that!^^; But yeah I am partially thankful for having been "beaten" normal because it has helped me cope a long way until everything crashes. Because when that happens I crash really really badly and it takes me weeks or months to get back up and atm I am still not back at my feet and everything seems daunting unfortunately! =/


Tårnfalk wrote:
Dewclaw wrote:
I am curious as to what treatment, if any, is available for Aspergers?



Depends if its an adult, teenager or child... different treatments for each.

I found some links for you Dew.

http://www.kennethrobersonphd.com/five- ... aspergers/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2695286/

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autis ... r-syndrome

Asperger's Syndrome is an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The current medical understanding is that there are differing amounts of autism, but not separate disorders. Even though Asperger's Syndrome has its own name, it is just a milder form of autism.


Just a heads up as on my roaming around the internet I have seen a lot/the majority of autistic people around the world not being thrilled about Autismspeaks as they apparently try to pretend to help autistic people but do actually not from what I briefly gathered. I rather recommend trying out the actual government sites with facts since they are less likely to be be biased one way or another or doing some research on what autistic people think of as good organizations. (I have a few where I live which I have been recommended and even joined)

As for treatments: there is none. We just think differently/are wired differently and are hypersensitive to various things. This is the simple explanation because there's a reason why it's called a spectrum. Some might actually do well with others while they can't handle noises, sounds etc. and then you have some where everything is just too much, and some like me etc. everyone is different and have various challenges to cope with. That said we're people like everyone else and we tend to have areas we excel at, not talking servauntism (sp? Think there's only 7 of those amazing people in the world. ) here, it's not how autistic people are in general heck we can even suck at math!
What we can get however as aid, is courses/classes on the skills we don't understand/miss out on which might broaden/open up a better understanding and of course you can get councelling as well. But all of this aid is again depending on where you live in the world and even in which state/region/town in a specific country.

Dewclaw wrote:
Ty for the links tarn.

My rant. After a "mostly" ok weekend, last night was bad. Hubby was a mess. Slurring speech, impaired function, etc. Instant recipe for nightmares and night sweats. I'm reading more and more on distress families of brain injury sufferers go through, to the point of ptsd diagnosis. I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to that, if not already there. I just want to feel normal.

I'm sorry you have to go through all that, it sucks when you have seriously ill close family members. I can't relate to the despairs of brain injury myself only the ones of cancer. *hug*

Nachtwulf wrote:
I'm sick. It sucks. My head hurts and my vision's blurry. Whine, whine, whine.
You comment made me chuckle a bit with the "whine, whiine,whine-part" , hope you get better soon though!=)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm
Posts: 4809
Realm: Shadowsong
Gender: female plays female and male
I thought I would chime in on the Asperger's question. There isn't a treatment but there are things that can help make life less stressful. My son has Asperger's. One of his main stressers is change and it can cause very volatile outbursts. Now that he's older he finally recognizes that this is an issue for him. He tries to make a conscientious decision to scale back his reactions using a couple different techniques he was taught by his psychologist.


My Rant:
Pain doctor doesn't listen and decided I need an injection into my SI joint. It has me nervous for a couple reasons. 1: I tend to be allergic to everything and 2: I am not positive this is the actual problem. Guess we'll see

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Posts: 2023
Location: PA
Realm: Vek'nilash
Everyone seems to be having a rough time. I hope things get easier for everyone. I got the best advice ever from someone with Asperger's. He said "With every disability comes a corresponding gift, if only we can find it." Easier said than done, but it helps me to think about it sometimes.

Ugh turns out fibromyalgia, spine problems, and lung problems aren't the worst of my worries lately. Dr thinks I have an essential tremor...in my hands. Makes it difficult to do much of anything lately and it's rapidly getting worse. Luckily my neurologists seems like a very good doctor so I'm gonna see what he says about it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 4186
Location: VA
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Sorry to hear that bullet.:(

I do think you are right about the gifts. I know what mine is, it's working with animals. I can't make a full time living from it (due to issues with getting overwhelmed) though I do work at a vets office part time. Some of the things I see are horrific, but I see a lot of good to. All of my pets are rescues.

_________________
http://dragcave.net/user/Cylt -Dragon cave.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:51 pm
Posts: 2231
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon
Gender: Female
I've really need to rant about this for awhile but didn't want to make a scene of it so might as well come here to vent ^^;

Late last summer I went to the Peruvian Amazon jungle to do field research for my biology degree. I came back with leishmaniasis, which is a flesh eating parasite by the way. The trip was in July/August and I wasn't diagnosed until November because my wounds basically went from zero to sixty overnight and I didn't have health insurance at the time. The school doctor convinced me to do the biopsy while I was still without insurance and that cost me over $500 and I'm still paying it off. I finally got health insurance in December but it's only really helped with blood work and medications because of how it's fucking set up in the US with this fucking deductible bull shit. And I spend $200 a month on it, like what the fuck, how am I supposed to make a living off my pitiful wage after losing $100 a pay check? Anyway, I finally go to see an infectious disease doctor an hour away and she tries to put me on these $40 pills that I know won't work so she then puts me on these $80 pills that I decided to try. I had to take them for a month and I vomitted everyday, it was the worst. It didn't work so finally she puts me on amphotericin which I suggested to her back in December! I've talked to people who've had this, I've read up on this, it is the best treatment and she didn't want to use it until I've aparently spent all of my money on biopsies, pills, and constant blood work. Whatever, so now o have to waste my only PTO to get this treatment and it's March so I've had this for like 7 months and I'm finally getting it properly treated. After wasting money that I don't have because my degree is worthless and I need to move to go back to school for my masters but I can't because the bf is still in school so now I work as a dog groomer and definitely do not get paid enough for what I do and what I have to put up with... sigh I guess at least I'm working with dogs though which can be nice.

_________________

Image

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 4186
Location: VA
Realm: Llane
Gender: Female
Today would have been my mom's 67th birthday. Coincidentally, I found a letter she wrote to me when i was 2 months old while cleaning out the closet earlier. That was wonderful and so very painful at the same time.

_________________
http://dragcave.net/user/Cylt -Dragon cave.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rant Thread
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 am
Posts: 68
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu
Dewclaw wrote:
Sorry to hear that bullet.:(

I do think you are right about the gifts. I know what mine is, it's working with animals. I can't make a full time living from it (due to issues with getting overwhelmed) though I do work at a vets office part time. Some of the things I see are horrific, but I see a lot of good to. All of my pets are rescues.


Like others already mentioned, while you have various hardships some worse than others when being autistic you also various talents and gifts. One of those in common are the ability to immerse oneself into a subject and remain intensely focused. While I agree it can be a double-edged sword in many ways, for me this has always been positive so far. Another thing I also have is a keen eye on details and measurements. I'm pretty bad-ass to exploit all space in rooms, bags etc. if I have to say so myself. I probably could/have more things I could mention but after only 3 hours of sleep last night and still fighting to recover my burnout/crash I seriously can't think today! Point is by the end of the day, in my case, I wouldn't change being autistic at all as it lets me have an entirely different view on the world and I enjoy being who I am. =) Only thing I do regret is not getting my diagnoses/help earlier in life as it's easier when you're younger compared to being an adult. I just got lucky in my case and won the "lottery" so far at least.


Jurz wrote:
I've really need to rant about this for awhile but didn't want to make a scene of it so might as well come here to vent ^^;

Late last summer I went to the Peruvian Amazon jungle......
Flesheating bacteria and incompetent doctors aside I must say it sounds like a very interesting trip! =) Hope you'll get rid of your bacteria completely soon now you're getting the meds you should have had ages ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480 ... 488  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group