Rant Thread

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

Good news! I have a job interview on Halloween!
Bad news? I feel miserable today. I don't know why. I just do. Maybe I'm anxious about the interview. I'm always scared about that. I know how much one of my hubs wants me to get this job and I don't wanna fail him. I'm also really hungry.....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

When will America fucking wake up and realize the jackass they put in the white house is not saving but killing us with the crap he does. Yes no president was perfect but when stuff like this happened during Obamas time he did shit to help try and stop it while dumbshit sits there and twiddles his thumbs while calling the rest of us stupid. Yeah ok dumbass put armed guards at these places hoping it stops the attacks it won't just cause more lives lost.

How soon can we impeach him because we are now the laughing stock of the world fuck he even went overseas and fucked that up as well I feel sorry for America as a country now oh and if he wants a damn wall so bad build it himself don't make us pay for a damn wall America used to accept immigrants now we are hunting them like prey all because of jackass and his followers.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

While we are at it, maybe we should get rid of the electoral college, because he didn't win the election. That is the second time in my life that a candidate that lost has been made president. Not a good system.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Val, Teigan said "second time in my life". I doubt Teigan was around in 1888.

As for the "news" site you linked to with a very questionable defence of the electoral college, try this instead:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cns-news/

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

As a weirdo from the other side of the world I've never understood the electoral college and stuff. Here if you don't win you don't win. But we have more then two main groups and this current government is made out of three groups who've joined forces.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Sukurachi wrote:
Val, Teigan said "second time in my life". I doubt Teigan was around in 1888.

As for the "news" site you linked to with a very questionable defence of the electoral college, try this instead:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cns-news/
I'm aware of that. I just posted a link to show that it has happened before and not just recently.

http://wyrk.com/why-do-we-use-the-elect ... ge-system/

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... llege.html

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-keep-the- ... ge-3322050

Even if that article is deemed "questionable", there are plenty of other places that support the Electoral College through similar points. And yes, there are plenty of articles that give reasons why it should not exist.
cowmuflage wrote:As a weirdo from the other side of the world I've never understood the electoral college and stuff. Here if you don't win you don't win. But we have more then two main groups and this current government is made out of three groups who've joined forces.
https://people.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college.htm

Unfortunately, the US government being vast controlled by Democrats and Republicans is something that will either never change or would take something very big to change it. The two groups have become far too ingrained in US politics and thus other groups have little chance of winning an election and implementing their own ideas.

Anyways. I've said what I wanted to say. The rant thread isn't a place for discussion.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This isn't a place for arguing back. Thanks folks.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Wain wrote:This isn't a place for arguing back. Thanks folks.
Yes it is ;)

(Apologies Wain, I just couldn't resist!)

Rant: Why can't anyone take a long-term view anymore? All this short-term, self-focused, consequences-be-damned grubbery makes me both sad, frustrated and angry. Things work so much better when we can work together. Gah.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:As a weirdo from the other side of the world I've never understood the electoral college and stuff. Here if you don't win you don't win. But we have more then two main groups and this current government is made out of three groups who've joined forces.
By our powers combined we are THE NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT! *queue theme music* (sorry had to type that was in my head :lol: )

Every system has it's flaws - I don't think we should be able to replace the PM the way we do. I quite liked Big Mal - nothing against ScoMo either really but when you can set your clock by the rate the PM is replaced there's probably an issue :? I'll have to immigrate if Shorten gets in tho... :|

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

My depression is bad, US politics suck, I'm so broke it hurts and on top of it all I think I lost our mailbox key. Fuck.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:
By our powers combined we are THE NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT! *queue theme music* (sorry had to type that was in my head :lol: )

Every system has it's flaws - I don't think we should be able to replace the PM the way we do. I quite liked Big Mal - nothing against ScoMo either really but when you can set your clock by the rate the PM is replaced there's probably an issue :? I'll have to immigrate if Shorten gets in tho... :|
NZ does have a few differences to us. It has proportional representation, so some members aren't elected by constituents at all, but are given seats to reflect the proportion of total votes that party received (if the number of electorates they won ends up less than that). I'm pretty sure they only have one house (no senate) and they only have two tiers of govt, as they're small enough to not need the state level like us. It works for them :)

My major concern with our government is that they are becoming more and more beholden to fringe religious interests for money and support, and the number of members from fringe religious groups is noticeably increasing, with a greater push for Christian extremist (non mainstream) values. This isn't the Liberal Party of 20 or 30 years ago and I'm worried where they're heading, and how much of this money is being funneled in from US extremist groups that buy politicians over there and have no set their sights on us.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I think that unless the flow of money is checked, and the decline into religious law (so much like the Sharia law these "christians" claim to be scared of), the US is headed for a very dark place. My girlfriend and I have a date set for May 20th but we always joke that "if it's still legal by then" and "we might as well enjoy marriage before they outlaw it again" And...I'm not sure we're joking. And I'm concerned that making public record of it will place us on some sort of list that the theocracy we are turning in to will make use of when they decide to round up all the degenerates. Sure, that sounds crazy. But, putting children in cages, calling the press the Enemy of the People, claiming Canada (!!!???) is out to get us, the President saying that the Nazis are fine people and on and on and on seemed pretty crazy 3 years ago.

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."

- Yeats
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

This is a much needed vent. Contains profanity.

I despise Hallow's End. I despise the Headless Horseman. I used to love that event before that fucking boss and his stupid nag were put into the game. And that fucking horse is the source of my misery and torment. I don't understand why RNG for this fucking mount hates me so much. What did I do?! I just wanted to own something pertaining to one of my favorite real life holidays and what used to be one of my favorite legends, but no. Will I die if I finally get the goddamned Horseman's nag?! Is that why RNG has been shitting on me for over a god forsaken decade?! I am sick and tired of being the Horseman's nemesis. I want to love this event again. But, apparently, I'm not allowed to. Not even the so-called magic thread would help me because I'm hated that fucking much.

I don't know why I keep trying. It's never going to change. I'm never going to get this mount and I hate it. Every fucking day I see multiple people with that fucking horse and it hurts because it's basically RNG spitting in my face and going "Look, see this mount? You'll never get it because you suck!"

*screams into a pillow in rage*
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm a fucking idiot.
Last night when I got home from work, BF said his friend wanted to go get sushi, but he'd he off work at 8. I was already starving, so I wolfed down some leftover pork belly ramen that we had in the fridge for a few days. It smelled fine. Tasted fine.
I even gave some of the broth to my cat, whom has been eating people food for 14 years now.

Last night was non-stop bathroom trips. I'll spare you all the details. It was bad though.
This morning, a few bathroom trips with the same results.
And then
the cat
He hadn't shown any signs of having the same happen last night. But then he ate some of his kibble, and his body couldnt take it. He puked everything up all over the carpet. He seems like he's pretty uncomfortable, and I'm the cause for it.
I did this to him.

I feel bad about calling into work for being sick, but I feel more terrible about what I've just done to him. He trusted me with the food I gave him. He doesn't know any better. He just sees me, the person he's lived with and who has cared for him, giving him something that smells and tastes nice.
And I ended up poisoning him.
He doesn't seem like he's going to die. He just seems like he's in the same boat as me right now, and that isn't fair to him.

Siggy under construction!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Bowno, sorry to hear your issues, but as far as the kitty, you may be able to make it up to him (sort of). First, make sure he doesn't dehydrate. Kitties are small, so it can happen and they can go downhill quickly. let his tummy settle for a while, but leave water available. When you think he can handle eating, offer him a bland diet of boiled chicken (some people add rice) in small amounts frequently, so as not to overload his tummy. Give him the bland diet for a few days, and then slowly start to mix in his normal food. So, he may be feeling awful at the moment, but a few days of some yummy boiled chicken can sort of make up for it.

Hope you both get well soon. And get yourself and kitty checked by vet/dr if things worsen.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thank you for the advice. I'm keeping lots of water handy. He's just kinda chilling in his cat tree still, looking kinda pouty at the moment. I got some chicken defrosting and will boil some up for him tonight.
Thankfully, we seem to have a vet not too far from where we live, so it wont be a terrible trip if we do have to rush over.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

If he's not wanting to drink water (and isn't getting enough liquid from food) trying warming some tuna water up and see if he'll take a few licks. Sick kitties are more likely to eat and drink if the food is just above room temp. If you microwave, be super careful like you would with a bottle for a human baby. Always check the temperature in a few spots. Also, you can do the pinch test to see if he's getting seriously dehydrated. https://www.petmd.com/cat/emergency/com ... ehydration

I'm sorry you're both suffering and hope that you'll feel better soon!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

So I not only fell in the shower, bruising my thigh and backside really badly, I also got in a fight with a cheese slicer and lost cause my hand got too close and slipped.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Feeling pretty unwanted again. Oh well.
I guess I can get that. I'm pretty annoying and uninteresting.
Just wish I could fit in, but that's just not gonna happen.