Rant Thread

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Makoes »

...When it rains it pours?

So this morning when I woke up, the most stressful thing I had to worry about was whether or not I'd be able to get something done on Deviantart before the deadline.

Then I saw a message on Facebook, my Mom is coming for a visit (She lives in Australia, I live in Canada). My Mom and I have a tentative relationship...When you get hurt badly by someone, it's not exactly a smooth road to recovery and her living in Australia is very much a good thing, IMHO.

She's also coming right before my Birthday...fck! I have plans *STRESS* (until later in the day I found out that she won't be intruding on any plans, and I can "Fit her in where ever") *WHEW*

Got a text from my Sister while walking home from picking up the kids from school...she's taking the kids (they have 3) and leaving her Husband...Which would explain why my mom is making a trip to Canada in the winter time (She HATES the cold).
Honestly, not really surprised by this...though I am more surprised her Husband didn't leave her (shes one of those really demanding types who starts nagging her husband as soon as he get home from work...also, she's a stay at home Mom) (*Note, I am a mostly stay at home mom (I work weekends) but I understand that you can't expect someone who's worked hard all day to earn a paycheck and then expect them to come home and start helping around...They need to be able to come home, relax/unwind for a bit)

I feel really bad for him. I know I am not there to see everything, but everytime I have been over, I've seen how poorly she treats him. He also has health issues, and I've never felt that my sister fully understood how that affects people.

So, yeah...it's been a really awesome fcking day.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ashran....... I've never been able to get into it at all in Legion. It's always "in progress" and a simple google tells me it's like that for 90% of people it seems. They should of made it just a open world pvp zone.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

hi protip from your fellow asexual, dont be ace it sucks and its hard and it hurts people and yourself

i hate this so much ive never felt more like something in me is broken

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

LupisDarkmoon I am also ace I don't think there's anything wrong with you :hug:

Ugh My Adobe programs stopped working because Adobe decided to shut down their old authentication servers and I can't register them. No one comes to the help chats, no one answers their phones. I have decided I hate them. I can't afford to pay them for their newer versions so I got Affinity since it seemed the most illustrator like. It works okay, but it feels like I'm a surgeon trying to work with a steak knife instead of a scalpel. I do flyers for RAD programs pro bono for colleges and will have to redo them entirely eventually. I hope I can adapt to this program quickly it's the last piece of my professional life I have left after getting sick and I don't want to let them down :(
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I am not a happy camper with Blizzard's approach to this stupid 4 extra backpack slots debacle.
First off, the regular douchebags on the Blizzard customer service forum are out in full force.
Add to this that some of Blizzard's customer service reps who reply on that forum are being as douchebaggy as the worst players.

"Here's a reward for having an authenticator to help make your account more secure.
Oh, last second change: you also have to add SMS which reduces the security of that authenticator, and also requires you to have a cell phone.
Now stop complaining."

Yup, that exactly how a corporation keeps its customers happy.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

How would the SMS reduce security? It can notify you if there are changes to your account and adds another wall that hackers would need to overcome.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

SMS is easily hacked. It has been in the past, and will continue to be in the future.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The fact that I can't seem to solo Killrog anymore. That raid was easy as pie before the new patch.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I've been levelling a new rogue with a friend who's new to WoW (he's on a warrior).
The new "levelling experience" is ok... with one exception: the last boss of every quest chain requires a group, and they are stupid difficult (the bosses, not the groups).

I'd say I'm pretty good with my rogue, and my friend is REALLY catching on quickly with his warrior (I'm almost in awe).
But there's a difficulty issue that is seriously unbalanced.

Also, we got through the first 20 levels at lightning speed, but somehow, after level 20 it's suddenly slowed to a snail's pace. So there's something not quite right about the required exp. from level to level after 20.

(and I'm still pissed-off that they made the extra bags slots "cell phone only")

"Step on no pets!"

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They have really messed up both the xp and questing system. Mobs that should be soloable are now requiring groups. As you said, 1-20 is quick, but then really slows down. From what I've read, some dungeon bosses take 5+ minutes to kill. There is currently a hotfix to make it possible to solo MoP and WoD raid bosses, but nothing about these other issues.

People wanted to be able to quest through an entire zone without the quests going green or grey; not for it to be difficult or for progress to be at a snail's pace.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

What you guys are saying about the leveling changes is enough to keep me from reactivating my account. I can't right now anyway, but I had seriously thought about it as I've been missing the game, but not to level at a snail's pace. I bought tons of BoAs for a reason.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote: There is currently a hotfix to make it possible to solo MoP and WoD raid bosses, but nothing about these other issues.
That's nice I'd like to be able to solo Hellfire again!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Husband got diagnosed with bronchitis. Yet another hurdle. A lot of his meds have stopped working, he is not remembering conversations we had, and is generally getting sicker and sicker.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dewclaw wrote:Husband got diagnosed with bronchitis. Yet another hurdle. A lot of his meds have stopped working, he is not remembering conversations we had, and is generally getting sicker and sicker.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I just twisted my ankle super bad. Thought I might have broke it, but after those first few moment of pain I discovered it at least still moves. Just, painfully so X_x
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I swear nothing makes me swear more than all the times I easily defeat every boss before the last one in a Hearthstone dungeon run. And then the last boss gets super crazy RNG win or it just the perfect counter to my deck.

I have had Warrior, Priest and Paladin left for weeks now. :(
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The new levelling paradigm in older WoW zones is, to say the least, "not fun".
Yesterday, my new levelling partner and I did the opening Draenor series of quests.
Now, BOTH of our toons were more than adequately geared (everything we got as gear rewards on the way was lower level than what we already had).

We both died multiple times during the "kill 100 orcs" arena.

When we got to the big cannon near the end (shortly before the escape to Frostridge via boat), we had to take on the giant ogron before boarding the cannon.
Well! a warrior and a rogue, both well-geared, level 90, and we died 5 times!!!
The damned thing almost instantly respawns. So we were trying to get up the chain to the cannon after our 3rd death and finally killing the ogron, when my friend slipped off the chain. I went down to help him back up... and yes, the ogron had respawned and killed us again, and we had to fight him.. again. and die... again.

Ok, we finally got through this BS, onto the boat, start our garrisons, everything is peachy keen... and then, we have to go into the cave to kill the big ogre thing. This is a quest I've done at least 10 times on other toons, and always soloed it no problem. The mob now has more than ten times my HP, and kept interrupting all of my abilities, and my warrior friend simply couldn't get a hit in edgewise either.
As you can guess, the state of our lives very quickly deteriorated - death.
NEVER before have I died to that quest.
As a matter of fact, I've had toons go through ALL of Draenor without ever dying once.

Basically, Blizzard just made old content incredibly difficult to get through.
And not much fun, either.

Colour me "not amused".

"Step on no pets!"

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ugh, it sounds like they took the complaints about "easy leveling" to the opposite extreme. I bet all the Vanilla people are happy the game is "hard" again. I hope you sent in some reports about your experience, Sukurachi. Maybe if enough people do that, they'll tune it back some.

[/center]
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It most cases, it isn't so much that it is a hard, but rather that it is tedious. We have lvled characters from 1 to max many times. We have seen it and done it all. But now we are forced to lvl at a slower pace when we really just want to get to max. They should've just implemented the scaling and not the increasing difficulty in killing things.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I find the tedium of the whole "slower levelling experience" more or less acceptable. I don't like it, but it basically works.

The mobs I'm mentioning, where there are difficulty issues, are mobs that one normally would solo, but that suddenly require a group to do (with no warning that you need a group, to boot).

The big worm in the cave in northern Frostfire Ridge (not sure how it's spelled, it's a Dune reference: Shai hulud?) is simply a quest: go kill the sleeper. Yet it doesn't say anything about it being a group quest or that this mob has an impossible level of health compared to you.
It's in a large room surrounded by around 10 mobs, half of which you can pull safely to get them out of the way, but the other half cannot be pulled one at a time. pull one and all the others follow, including Shai hulud.

The balancing is completely off kilter. It's as if Blizzard never bothered checking on which mobs exactly would be affected by level changes. The ONLY reason we were finally able to kill the big worm was because a passing level 103 (I think) jumped in and helped, and even then, it was close.

"Step on no pets!"