Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

Oh god. No antihistamines for a week. An allergy test. AND NOW I AM JUST SEVERAL FLAVORS OF ITCHY.

And I had to do 12 peak flow tests, so my diaphragm hurts. My lungs hurt.

Windows 10 is being hateful.

I'm broke and need a new vacuum.

And there's a fire ant mound near a snake's burrow in the lawn.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

GODDAMNIT HATI

Found Sambas up. Decided to tame him. Dismissed pet, went to tame, Hati hadn't despawned yet, so he ran over and just straight up murdered Sambas.... and then despawned.

You.
Bastard.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Nachtwulf wrote:GODDAMNIT HATI

Found Sambas up. Decided to tame him. Dismissed pet, went to tame, Hati hadn't despawned yet, so he ran over and just straight up murdered Sambas.... and then despawned.

You.
Bastard.
What I find works for me when I am in old content hunting pets in order not to have Hati mess up my tame is to take off the gun that way even if you have a pet out then dismiss still won't have to deal with the pest.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. I had a trink for awhile that would proc and murder shit I was trying to tame too. But when you find something up that usually isn't, the panic to snag it before someone else does usually overrides the common sense to take off target-nuking gear.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My wisdom tooth is inflamed under my gums.. it hurts and I can almost not swallow.. it cost way way to much to get it fixed... which is bad... Ive read it can spread but we imply just cant afford it .. In denmark it cost a lot to fix your teeth.. the procedure i would have to undergo would cost me over 500 us dollors :/ - which is no were near what we can afford..

if anyone got some free advice how to get it not to hurt let me know.. I brushes two times daily, I have tried garlic and alchohol.. no luck

I take the strongest pills i got 3 times a day (which is what i am maximum allowed) and then normal pain killlers 8 times a day.... but it hardly helps..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Tarn, if it's abscessed under there you need antibiotics. I read a news story once where a gentleman saw a Dr. for tooth pain, and he could not afford both the pain meds and the antibiotics. He bought the pain meds, and the infection killed him.

You can try gargling with salt water. It helps with pain and cleansing, but do not swallow it!

You have my sympathies. I have to have oral surgery next mon. It is costing $900 out of pocket. Insurance is helping with less than half. We can not afford it, but we can not afford not to either, so we will have to suffer financially. I will also be out of work during that time, and being paid hourly, we will feel the bite of that income loss.

Hope you feel better soon.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I googled abscessed and i think it is what i got...But we have less than 250 dolors on our account. . So there really is no money for it. And the cheapest placeret. .the dentist school first open the 28 of august. ..i dont handle penicillin well. .so have to resort to natural antibioticts like garlic. .m

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

If you can't get to a dentist, a Dr. should be able to get you antibiotics too if you have access to a regular physician.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup but sadly that is more than we have atm. ..so im relying on my meds i got now which are panodils and imbuprofin. ...and stuff in My fridge like schnapps, honey, garlic, redwine and viggeies. I can eat and yawn...it hurts but I can touch and brush the area.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Warning: language ahead and long rant - Artists I welcome your input!

I haven't had a good reason to rant in awhile but today just takes the cake! Now I know alot of people on these forums are artists so I'm sure you'd all agree with me - when you share something art wise that you DID NOT CREATE YOURSELF you credit the artist right? Even if you don't know you should acknowledge the work isn't yours. Pretty simple. Every facebook page to do with art and modelling enforces this rule. Today I encountered someone who said to share other ppls work and not say it was someone elses (ie his posts lead you to assume it's his work until he is questioned by someone else and even then doesn't know that creator) was "just harmless". umm NO. FUCKING NO. That is someone elses work. Thats their blood sweat and possibly tears. And you think just because you found it randomly on the internet that it's harmless to share it and not credit them? Fuck me dead.

To set the scene I'm a member of a gunpla group. We make models (gundam mostly, some other sci fic) and have little competitions very friendly ect. Anyway this guys a newish member but very keen so we are forgiving for the most part. He posts alot of pictures of custom work (all very nice) just with very vague captions "check this out! <model name>" which everyone assumes is his work UNTIL someone asks specifically "how did you do such and such" and then he confesses "no not mine!". We let it go for the most part as we don't think its malicious.

Then comes today. He does a similuar thing (Note: he is the only member of the group that does this) and I post "wow is that yours?" - he responds with his usual "hahah no im not that good blah blah" So I politely respond:
"ah ok can you credit the builder in your post please in future (if it's not yours) else we will assume you are posting your own work :) "
(word for word). Now PLEASE tell me if thats anyway nasty, inflamatory or bitchy as I for the life of me can't see it.
He's responds by saying hes a noob and nobody would think it was his relax blah blah thats just being nasty...now I don't think I was nasty but obviously ive struck a nerve so I say "Not being nasty it's just a common curtesy that most groups adhere to..no one assumes skill level...like most art groups its nice to acknowledge the original creator thats all. No need to be upset and sorry if you took it that way"....well then comes the tirade! Claims hes not upset among other things (asks if I am haha!) then goes "what makes you think you're so special that you can just order people what to do?...its a harmless post"

Ok I'll tell you makes me special. I'm an artist. I'm a gunpla builder. I would NOT like him or anyone else to share my work without saying it was mine. I don't care if you mean to claim it or not. Acknowledge it is not yours. Do a 5 min fucking google search and find a name. It is not harmless and if you think it is then you don't value your art or anyone elses. I'm sure if he made something out of this world and someone shared it - infact I've countered exactly that kind of drama on another gunpla page where the builder came across it and went to town on this guy! - he would not be happy. It just shits me someone would have that attitude and reaction to what I thought was a reasonable and ultimatly respectful thing to do.

Well I backed out of the thread then and figured I'd cool off before PM him as to why I asked but hes blocked me! I really don't know what he hopes to accomplish by doing this. I'm not giving up my club nor my hobby because he had a little man fit and the page admin saw nothing wrong in what I wrote *shrug*.

On top of all of this shit my husbands favourite Aunty passed away from cancer today :( she was a wonderful lady and such a fighter. I am so ready to fight this guy its not funny!! Anyway thanks for listening agony aunts of petopia!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Went to the hospital with an emergency tooth decay...they had to clip my cheek open to remove it.. 8 stiches.. and it hurt like mad... they let us devide the payment into three months but still a HUUUUGE chunk out of our budget.. i feel bad :( such a strain on hubby. ..Berg. ..and im in so much pain its not funny. ...

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Forty one years old (just had my birthday) and day by day it seems more like I am in perimenopause. My doctors are all in agreement this is what's happening. I could potentially be in full menopause within a year or two. Things could be worse. I dodged the cancer bullet so far and we're all hoping it stays that way.
But man.
I am so sick of the insomnia, violent mood swings, horrid periods that are even worse than before the unilateral hysterectomy, phantom pains all over my pelvic region. Sex is out of the question for multiple reasons. I really wish my GYN would have just taken the whole thing out back in February when the right side was removed. Then I wouldn't be dealing with this.

As I said. It could be A LOT worse. But it's really hard to think on the bright side when this hormonal Molotov cocktail is in flying.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

-crawls in- I swear I WILL MAX OUT MY BM WEAPON. I WILL GET MY GRYPHON.

GNWAJHNWIKHJNGRIEHNIWJGIOWJHBOWHN.

Urg.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Oral surgery today-no anesthesia, just the Novocaine. Seeing the scalpel scares the mess lout of me. :(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hugs Dew! ! I had oral surgery last weekend. ..hopes yours are alot less pain ful. Hugs.

My rant...im sooo tired of being poor. ...its such a strain. ..

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm scared I can't afford to get my cat to a vet to clean her wound.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Had oral surgery a week ago.. my tooth was so inbedded that they had to cut open my cheek and break my jaw.. i have 8 stiches now. My mouth tastes likes infection all the time...The toothpulling stirred up another tooth wish has not been hurting until now so now thats in pain.. but I cant get anything done to that tooth until im done with payment of the tooth i got pulled.. whish means 4 months from now... Only got panodils and ibuprofens as painkillers which is not enough... and I cant take my morphine pills as long as there is an open bleeding wound in my mouth.. whee

everything hurts I barely got energy to do dragons.. I can do 10 min a time then i need a nap them 10 min then a nap.. i have onstipation and that hurts too.. and i cant eat anything but Yoghurt and drink milk.. yay :/

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sorry to hear of your trouble Tarn. :( Hopefully you are on antibiotics and a special antimicrobial mouth rinse to help with infection, which they should have given you post op. ((((hugs))))

My rant. Surgery went well until the Novocaine wore off before he was done. Ouchie. And apparently I am now a professional slurper. I miss solid food. :( Liquid diet is for the birds. So is stitches poking and hurting the underside of my tongue.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im with you on the liquid diet..one week now....and yes.why does the tounge need to hurt too ? I got several blisters on my tounge....
Lets be misrable together...

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

on top of the constant back pain from a 6mnth old injury my blood pressure is going up stared the day 152/100 ended it 179/112 so now in addition to the various medications to try and keep me out of pain I am on a pill that makes me run to the bathroom every 2 hrs :(