Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Thanks WoW for half uninstalling yourself ;-;
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:I find the tedium of the whole "slower levelling experience" more or less acceptable. I don't like it, but it basically works.

The mobs I'm mentioning, where there are difficulty issues, are mobs that one normally would solo, but that suddenly require a group to do (with no warning that you need a group, to boot).

The big worm in the cave in northern Frostfire Ridge (not sure how it's spelled, it's a Dune reference: Shai hulud?) is simply a quest: go kill the sleeper. Yet it doesn't say anything about it being a group quest or that this mob has an impossible level of health compared to you.
It's in a large room surrounded by around 10 mobs, half of which you can pull safely to get them out of the way, but the other half cannot be pulled one at a time. pull one and all the others follow, including Shai hulud.

The balancing is completely off kilter. It's as if Blizzard never bothered checking on which mobs exactly would be affected by level changes. The ONLY reason we were finally able to kill the big worm was because a passing level 103 (I think) jumped in and helped, and even then, it was close.
Is it just in later levels that this is happening? I only ask as I started my allied races last night (they start at 20) and got 4 lvls in an hr which isn't bad. Nothing was hard for my feral kitty to kill solo and I also did a dungeon that wasn't super hard either. I've heard lots of complaints that dungeons and bosses take like 5min and that wasn't the case with our group at all. Not saying peoples gripes aren't genuine but just wondering if its a 60+ problem.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Blizzard asked people to playtest the new leveling process and I'm...pretty sure almost no one did. A few people probably rolled some lowbies and checked the lower zones but stuff like draenor? I doubt it.

Just report it, give examples of what you're having trouble with; if they get enough reports they'll make a tweak pass. I think you can blame lack of playtesting for this one, which isn't really in Blizz's control.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizz should've given some sort of incentive to lvl a character on the ptr from 1 to 110. Maybe a boost or something. Otherwise, why should someone spend hours lvling a character to max if they don't get to keep it?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I miss RP so much that I RP how the RPs I used to be in could have gone if I hadn't fucked up. Then I get sad cos I fucked up and cos the site doesn't exist any more. It's been so long and I still can't forgive myself for being a total idiot that time. I miss RP, but I miss RPing with you guys more.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

i hate how top surgery can cost upwards of 4-9k dollars, i dont have that kind of money, and my insurance sure as hell wont pay for any of it
i just want to stop feeling dysphoric. i want to be able to breathe properly.
i wish i wasnt a fucking nobody on the internet so i could set up a donation page for it and actually get help for it

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Have a meeting with the munnicipal system thursday which means i get to fall down my stairs. .. :/. I hate that they dont take my disability serious and makes me injure myself. ...when i tell them that they just say that I can just stop reciving benefits, nobody forces me to. .uhmm yeah but how am i suppose to pay for rent and food? But apparently not their problem. .So if Im lucky i only break my foot again. .unlucky i break my neck. .. stupid system. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Valnaaros wrote:Blizz should've given some sort of incentive to lvl a character on the ptr from 1 to 110. Maybe a boost or something. Otherwise, why should someone spend hours lvling a character to max if they don't get to keep it?
Gotta agree with ya. Leveling on the PTR from 1 to 110 just sounds so masochistic. I mean, why put yourself through that for a test character? I think if they gave you a battle pet that you can take with you to the live realms, they'd get people to jump in on that action.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Now for my rant:

UGH! WORLD QUESTS. After Legion Rep Bonus + Darkmoon Faire Rep Bonus together and grinding as much rep as possible out, I'm almost nauseous just looking at them. Seriously, I hope they give us more flexibility for which reps we grind in BoA instead of the randomness of it all.

Oh, and if we have to go through Nomi again for cooking recipes, I'm feeding him to dragons. Seriously, just watch me, I hear they love BURNT food...
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I didn't get the job the interviewer said I was a shoe-in for. It hurts.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The fact Jim carrey is a anti-vaccination person always makes me sad. I like his movies (granted his old ones) and this fact always makes me enjoy them less :/
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

cowmuflage wrote:The fact Jim carrey is a anti-vaccination person always makes me sad. I like his movies (granted his old ones) and this fact always makes me enjoy them less :/
Ditto. He's gotten kind of odd as he's gotten older. He even shares a birthday with me, and just knowing things like that makes me sad and not want to watch his newer movies.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

*deep breath*
Forgot to wait for Hati to vanish before trying to tame a rare I really like :l

Can't wait till this stupid dog is gone.

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

i feel... like...... shit. i feel like i can do everything right and not be enough. i can help in every way i can possibly imaging and because i'm doing too much helping and don't have time for fun things, i'm letting people down anyway. i can be doing my own homework, the gf's homework, all the cooking, all the cleaning and all the shopping and one misstep makes none of it matter- or makes it all a problem.

i just want to be told that i'm doing something well.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what you've said, Lupis, it sounds like you are doing everything right and then some. :) It is really a shame that not enough people are giving you support and telling you that you are doing a great job. :(
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thank you, Val ;_; I'm feeling a bit better now, but boy, it's been a really long week and this week is looking pretty hefty, too. But with any luck, this week/weekend will be the worst of it. Just gotta forge on through. I appreciate the kind words a great deal!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Seriously, this game is taunting me right now...

Attachments
Taunting.jpg
Taunting.jpg (470.36 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

You don't own the rights to everything that is black with red markings and has a grey underbelly. You don't.
Sorry.
And I'm not changing my URL for you either. Especially since you've done nothing but be a whiny and unpleasant baby. Maybe if you had come to me with some dignity, I'd be more obliged to listen to laugh at you and ignore you.
Also, good luck taking me to court I guess? When the lawyer and judge see your case about me putting a cut out of your beloved OC in a single square, they're going to laugh you right out of the court room!

Siggy under construction!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

After resubbing a week ago, this weekend made me remember exactly why I quit in the first place. Fuck you, Suramar. Fuck. You. I don't need stress levels high enough to give me chest tightness that lasts an entire day. I just want the ability to tame feathermanes so I an finally tame Sorrow Wing, god damn it. Edit: Toned down the original post, multiple things have me angry. But, I'd like proof that Pathfinder is no longer needed, because I don't believe someone's post alone, sorry.
Last edited by Falcon on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You don't need Pathfinder to tame Feathermanes. You just need one rank in Concordance on your BM artifact and to complete the Broken Shore campaign.