Rant Thread

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Just tried to go to the grocery store, but had a fibro fog attack. I kept getting my pin number mixed up with the code for the bananas and I couldn't remember where anything was or keep track of how much things were costing. It was hard to concentrate on driving, but managed to get home alright. I've had this stuff come and go for years, but it's been more frequent lately and my memory has been worse it's starting to worry me. Sigh which means a visit to philly for another specialty dr who doesn't know his butt from his face...
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

This new firefox is so bad. Ugh. I cant even watch youtube while I play WoW any more.
Make it go away :C

Siggy under construction!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

@Bowno Try switching to the Extended Support Release. It's not getting the new terribleness for some time yet.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Anyia wrote:@Bowno Try switching to the Extended Support Release. It's not getting the new terribleness for some time yet.
OMG thank you so much. I could kiss you.

Siggy under construction!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Hah, thanks; not often the old orc gets that offer!

We're still on borrowed time with the ESR though - sometime next year it'll be subjected to the same gunk that mainline Firefox has. I'm rapidly running out of browsers I can even tolerate, much less like >.< I tried Pale Moon but it really didn't impress me, sadly.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Huh, I hope I'm not derailing here too much but I was surprised to read you guys were having issues. My boyfriend updated to the new one the other day and was telling me how much faster it was, so I tried it out for myself and I've really been impressed and it seems to have fixed a few small problems I had beforehand. I've found it performing a lot better and noticeably loading pages quicker than before which is nice.

That being said, I also have nothing but problems and terrible lag and loading issues with Chrome while most other people praise it, so browsers are definitley an individual experience I suppose. :lol:
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I am bummed, I think it killed no script. But the whole insane restlessness thing kinda kept me busy for awhile. DAMN YOU, AKATHISIA.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:Huh, I hope I'm not derailing here too much but I was surprised to read you guys were having issues. My boyfriend updated to the new one the other day and was telling me how much faster it was, so I tried it out for myself and I've really been impressed and it seems to have fixed a few small problems I had beforehand. I've found it performing a lot better and noticeably loading pages quicker than before which is nice.

That being said, I also have nothing but problems and terrible lag and loading issues with Chrome while most other people praise it, so browsers are definitley an individual experience I suppose. :lol:

The only issue I had with it was I could not see my tab names as it was too bright but I found that it had a "dark" version and it fixed the issue I had.

It certainly is less crashy then it used to be for me!

Also why am I only getting gold from these world bosses ;-;
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Man I save my enough gold in HOTS to buy a new hero and then they bring a new one out. It's always the same. It's like they know XD

Now I've got to choose between Junkrat, kel'thuzad and now Alextrasza ;-; I want them all D:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Firefox issue is developers not updating their legacy add-ons to the less-buggy modern format, so hassle the add-on devs over it.

On the other hand, I think Firefox's new, "flat' UI is an abomination. It looks like something from the 90s. I don't know how anyone thought that was an improvement. Maybe they employed a UI team that used to work for (and ruined) Atlassian SourceTree :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

A rant and an update. it was determined today that my husband has suffered brain damage. I know he can overcome, but (and here comes the rant) omg his mood swings ...how do families of victims of these things cope? :( I can only imagine what he is going through, and how hard things are, but I'm struggling too, trying to help him.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Dewclaw wrote:A rant and an update. it was determined today that my husband has suffered brain damage. I know he can overcome, but (and here comes the rant) omg his mood swings ...how do families of victims of these things cope? :( I can only imagine what he is going through, and how hard things are, but I'm struggling too, trying to help him.
:hug: Make sure you take time for yourself and maybe find someone to talk to, a support group or professional. Also try and have a weekly ritual of alone time coffee or tea somewhere quite.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Syleye wrote:
Dewclaw wrote:A rant and an update. it was determined today that my husband has suffered brain damage. I know he can overcome, but (and here comes the rant) omg his mood swings ...how do families of victims of these things cope? :( I can only imagine what he is going through, and how hard things are, but I'm struggling too, trying to help him.
:hug: Make sure you take time for yourself and maybe find someone to talk to, a support group or professional. Also try and have a weekly ritual of alone time coffee or tea somewhere quite.
I’m so sorry Dewclaw :(. That’s terrible. I’ve known other people in this situation where their partner has suffered mood swings as a result of brain injury. Sometimes as a direct result of it and sometimes because they are understandably angry and frustrated at their situation. You really need a support group or counselor for yourself as well as him. I have one friend who benefited heavily from it and learned how to better manage the situation as a result. I know she had to learn there were times she had to be firm as well as sympathetic. I hope you find good help and support.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

almost a year now and I am still in pain on a daily basis. So tired of the medication and therapy 3x a week. Just worn out

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

When rares despawn mid fight ;-; more so when it's a mount dropping rare!
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

A few months ago, I lost my 18 year old kitty Banshee. Today i had to put his sister, also 18, to sleep. With her passed a legacy. rest easy Goonie.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Dewclaw wrote:A few months ago, I lost my 18 year old kitty Banshee. Today i had to put his sister, also 18, to sleep. With her passed a legacy. rest easy Goonie.
I'm so sorry for your loss Dewclaw. :( 18 years is a blessing, I'm glad you were able to have so much time with both of them. I hope the pain eases for you soon and you can look back on that time fondly. <3
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

my rant: super sensitive ppl having a cry about a post (not here obviously) that isn't even about them and OP is cool with the comment. Like shit. It's got the wrong decals and I asked if the poster was going to change them. I didn't say it looked terrible and even said "good paint job though" yet I'm negative and terrible. Do people just want a pat on the head and "like" for friggin everything? It's s constructive question (not even criticisim) not even allowed in our cotton ball world? These people would be eaten alive on reddit gunpla is all i can think. If you just want likes go on instagram imo.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

There is a new #savehati thread up since other capped and we already got our first dumbass who obviously didn't bother reading anything from the first as they complained about having two pets when in fact no one cares we just want Hati to live somehow when we lose our gun. Who knew reading could be this damn hard for so many players even the hunter forums are being dumbasses I even went so far as to call that forum toxic because anytime anyone says anything good about Hati all you see is how his ai sucks or having two pets sucks when again it is not about his ai or two pets.

"Astounding that so many people have completely failed to understand what this is about! It's not about keeping Hati as a second pet, it's simply about saving Hati from instant death when Titanstrike is drained along with all the other artifacts. Whether Hati is returned to Thorim, spends his days wandering around the Hunter Order Hall, made available for hunters to tame, or whatever else is being suggested are some of the choices for Blizzard to consider, just so long as they provide a way for Hati to survive and live out his days! Others have tried to point this out but still there are some who are failing to comprehend what the intent of the petition actually is! Instead we've got complaints about Hati having broken AI, complaints about not liking being forced to have a second pet and other complaints that aren't even about Hati!"

Why we want to save our lovable mutt.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Husband was back at urgent care. Possible reaction to anxiety meds from the brain injury, caused major depressive episode. I just don't know what to do anymore.