Rant Thread

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Sukurachi »

cowmuflage wrote:That people seem to forget Lordaeron was it's own kingdom and not just part of the kingdom of Stormwind.

So saying Lordaeron rightfully belongs to Anduin is like saying France belongs to the Queen of England.
bah, remember, the Humans in Stormwind think everything is theirs by divine right. they stole the Defias lands, they tried to push the Tauren out of their lands, they've not exactly been good neighbours... regardless of what Alliance players may believe.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:That people seem to forget Lordaeron was it's own kingdom and not just part of the kingdom of Stormwind.

So saying Lordaeron rightfully belongs to Anduin is like saying France belongs to the Queen of England.
And technically the undead that live there have always been there as they are the risen people of Lordaeron (even if it wasn't really by choice) so destroying the city they live in is kinda the same as taking the tree from the nightelves and so we really aren't taking anything back either just destroying a city of another people....omg my brain hurts :?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The living Lordaeronians (which there are still plenty of) have just as much right to Lordaeron as the Forsaken, and the Alliance have shown a willingness to unite the living and undead Lordaeronians. It is Sylvanas that has thrown any current possibility of that out the window.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:

And technically the undead that live there have always been there as they are the risen people of Lordaeron (even if it wasn't really by choice) so destroying the city they live in is kinda the same as taking the tree from the nightelves and so we really aren't taking anything back either just destroying a city of another people....omg my brain hurts :?
Yeah that's war for you no one wins in the end @.@
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I have exceeded my body's ability to cope with the stress of my situation, and I can't even run away. The doctors think my husband has developed bi-polarism, my35 year old cousin died in her sleep a few days ago, and they have no idea why until autopsy is done, and my husband had now developed thrush that has advanced so quickly, its already traveled down his throat and is causing fever and vomiting, and insurance had an oops and they are having trouble getting him into a dr. I just can't anymore. I want to run as far away as fast as I can, and i can't.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am so sorry to hear all of that, Dewclaw. I wish there was something that I could do :hug:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh, god, Dew, that's horrific. I'm so sorry.

My rant- my gf has type 1 diabetes. Usually we can handle it just fine, and while it can get in the way of her life, we manage without it causing any really limiting problems. But two days ago without any warning her neuropathy went from 0 to 100, with horrible, burning pain through her leg that keeps her from walking at more than a sad limp and gets worse at night.

I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment as soon as possible, but it has me scared shitless. Neuropathy kicking in like this can't be a good sign and I thought we were doing so well.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Neuropathy or something that feels like neuropathy can be unrelated to diabetes, so unless this is something that has happened before and she knows it is, keep that in mind.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Teigan wrote:Neuropathy or something that feels like neuropathy can be unrelated to diabetes, so unless this is something that has happened before and she knows it is, keep that in mind.
She's had bouts of what matched the symptoms of neuropathy before, but that's a good point- I'm wondering if it's a b12 deficiency. She's not having any of the tingling/coldness described by many people talking about diabetic neuropathy (and her previous experiences with it all faded) so I'm hoping it's just an unrelated pain, and that we'll be able to figure it out without putting her on an insulin pump, which she's consistently been very against (understandably, I wouldn't want a pump attached to me all the time to remind me of my chronic illness either).

Thank you for the reminder! <3

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

You're welcome! Have some blood work done and also consider it could be a pinched nerve, especially if it's her whole leg and it comes and goes. Here's hoping some vitamins or a visit to the chiropractor might be all that's needed :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

A guildmate had been stalking Portent for the better part of an hour on her Alliance hunter, a character she doesn't play often. She FINALLY found him (her computer's speed and graphics settings make it hard for her to track the footsteps).
She tosses down a trap and a flare, portent caught, starts taming.. and

Yup some a$$hole alliance mage comes in and kills her tame before it can finish.
Notice, this was a same-faction player.

I'm sick of hearing how Horde players do this, and Horde players do that... I have seen some awful shit from Alliance players.

So this stupid mage killed her tame, and all for nothing.. no exp, and no drop.
Really made both our days.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That's awful. There are terrible people on both factions. I don't think either side has a claim on being the most mature or better side, even though I'm always hearing about how the Alliance is nothing but immature children and the Horde is where the good players (both skill-wise and morally) are at.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Man that sucks. I try to help other players when I see them. I think things will get worse with war mode. It gives extra exp so I'm going to try it, but I hate pvp unless it's an older bg. Even in pvp zones people on my server used to help each other out.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bulletdance wrote:Man that sucks. I try to help other players when I see them. I think things will get worse with war mode. It gives extra exp so I'm going to try it, but I hate pvp unless it's an older bg. Even in pvp zones people on my server used to help each other out.
thankfully, if you're not flagged for War Mode you won't even appear to those who are.

"Step on no pets!"

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Sigh. Farmed for the flying nope for 3 hours today and nothing. Not a sniff for anyone in the group. Over 300 casts and no Ray either. Don't know wether to bother farming or just wait til they drop in price. I'm not even mad just really disappointed. What a waste of time!!

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

So the spice vendor, Sara Bartlett, in Boralus, sells all the vendor cooking mats except for aromatic fish oil. I naively thought that the fish oil had to come from those expensive fish I spent hours fishing for instead of leveling so that I could work on my cooking so that I could cook for my guild. Well, one of the new people was talking in guild chat about how great it was that he leveled his cooking off of just vendor mats. I...was a little taken aback by this because I had used up alot of fish at this point. Turns out there is another vendor, right there in Boralus, Henrick Wyther, who does sell it. So there went ALOT of fish and some other cooking mats for absolutely no reason. I am so deeply irritated by this.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Teigan wrote:So the spice vendor, Sara Bartlett, in Boralus, sells all the vendor cooking mats except for aromatic fish oil. Well, one of the new people was talking in guild chat about how great it was that he leveled his cooking off of just vendor mats. Turns out there is another vendor, right there in Boralus, Henrick Wyther, who does sell it.
I'm sorry that you spent so much time fishing (I've been doing some of that too!), but I'm so glad you shared so we know the best way to level cooking moving forward!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Had my weekly shaver everything beneath the nose rutine (i got a condition where I have so many hormones that I can grow a beard in two weeks). My hand accidental slip on my right leg resulting in my shaver taking 5 centimeters of skin of. It was so thick a layer that my shaver was useless afterwards. Oddly enough it don't hurt that bad. ..but ohh boy does it bleed! ! My towel look like i slaugthered a pig in it...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Teigan wrote:So the spice vendor, Sara Bartlett, in Boralus, sells all the vendor cooking mats except for aromatic fish oil. Well, one of the new people was talking in guild chat about how great it was that he leveled his cooking off of just vendor mats. Turns out there is another vendor, right there in Boralus, Henrick Wyther, who does sell it.
I'm sorry that you spent so much time fishing (I've been doing some of that too!), but I'm so glad you shared so we know the best way to level cooking moving forward!
I feel somewhat vindicated. The oil was not supposed to be on a vendor at all and has been removed. I stocked up in case it was a mistake that the vendors had it, and sure enough, it was!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Teigan wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
I feel somewhat vindicated. The oil was not supposed to be on a vendor at all and has been removed. I stocked up in case it was a mistake that the vendors had it, and sure enough, it was!
Yeah was about to say that was a unintended thing but I was lucky enough to catch it before it was removed. Glad you got it in time!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~