Rant Thread

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh, I saw news of his death this morning from the twitters of the main Warframe devs. I admit, I wasn't always a big fan of his opinions, but he had a passion and was determined to use the time he had left to make a difference in something he cared about, and I have a lot of respect for that. It broke my heart to go to his twitter and see that just a week ago he'd gone in for surgery.

Poetically, I think, I just got into Warframe and I absolutely love it- the dev team and the game itself are wonderful and I really look forward to playing every day. As it turns out, the game probably wouldn't have ever gotten off the ground without Cynnical's help, and it was through his support and videos praising the game / suggesting fixes that it got the following it needed to grow. The devs were so crushed by his passing that they canceled all streams today upon hearing the news and have been instead writing about how much he changed their game and their lives on twitter.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah it's indeed sad news. I used to love his work, but I will admit I started to despise him after I started seeing him use his cancer as an excuse. Mainly when people called him out on his opinions on things like the whole "traps are not gay" thing. Things that you should call people out on.

While I may not like the man he did do a lot for the gaming community and he will be missed. He really did get me into gaming videos and the like, while I've since moved on from that style of review it still has it's place and now who will fill it? He did do great steam sale videos!

Man this is all over the place anit it? XD sorry.

Also Morgan Freeman wtf.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

what about Morgan Freeman?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Sukurachi wrote:what about Morgan Freeman?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertai ... index.html :/ Yet another big name male actor showing their real opinion of women.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Why does mother nature feel the need to try and kill me on a yearly basis. I despise spending the first 3 hours awake with my body fighting imaginary intruders. ( I have fairly sever allergies) Spring and fall are such a love/hate for me grrrr

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertai ... index.html :/ Yet another big name male actor showing their real opinion of women.
This one feels all the more disturbing because he was so deeply respected, and had a public perception of being a real gentleman. It brings to light how deep these problems run, and how the obvious sleazes are just the surface. Then again, after Bill Cosby nobody should surprised by any revelation anymore :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That feeling you get when you name adventurers in Darkest Dungeon after your online friends and they all die ;-;

They will be missed.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Wain wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:
This one feels all the more disturbing because he was so deeply respected, and had a public perception of being a real gentleman. It brings to light how deep these problems run, and how the obvious sleazes are just the surface. Then again, after Bill Cosby nobody should surprised by any revelation anymore :/
Garrison Keillor was the one that was the worst for me. I grew up listening to Prairie Home Companion. His show was a family tradition and my dad and I had some of the skits memorized and would quote them back and forth. Finding out that Keillor was like that was honestly devastating.
cowmuflage wrote:That feeling you get when you name adventurers in Darkest Dungeon after your online friends and they all die ;-;

They will be missed.
My girlfriend named an Oregon Trail party after me and my family. We died of cholera.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:
It just makes me fed up now. The Hey Dad! one pissed me off because that was a show I really liked growing up in the 90's and now it feels so ruined because of that. Everything that was good and nostalgic was just dirty old men being terrible :( It's to the point where I just don't want to know and that in itself is a terrible feeling/attitude to have.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Dumb rant but something that's been bothering me for a while.

Much as I love my two elf boys I've always wanted a fursona, or some animal to associate myself with in some way. Yet no matter what I try I simply cannot connect with anything. I don't feel like any particular animal. I've tried taking personality tests for the hell of it and every time it's something different, if with similar characteristics sometimes. Not including mythological animal tests as 98% of those tell me I'm a unicorn, which I don't think suits me (the other 2% being phoenix and dragon for anyone curious). I'm very interested in kirins but this time it's reverse in that I don't suit them. I can't judge for shit and hell if I'm so pure I hover over grass.

Starting to think I'm some sort of changeling or chimera or something. Or, spirits forbid, just a plain ol' human.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Varethyn wrote:Dumb rant but something that's been bothering me for a while.

Much as I love my two elf boys I've always wanted a fursona, or some animal to associate myself with in some way. Yet no matter what I try I simply cannot connect with anything. I don't feel like any particular animal. I've tried taking personality tests for the hell of it and every time it's something different, if with similar characteristics sometimes. Not including mythological animal tests as 98% of those tell me I'm a unicorn, which I don't think suits me (the other 2% being phoenix and dragon for anyone curious). I'm very interested in kirins but this time it's reverse in that I don't suit them. I can't judge for shit and hell if I'm so pure I hover over grass.

Starting to think I'm some sort of changeling or chimera or something. Or, spirits forbid, just a plain ol' human.
Honestly I just ended up mashing up my two favorite animals (Wolf and Snow Leopard) into my fursona. So don't be afraid to mix and match some animals to get the fursona that suits you best. ;)

Also I am so tired of my back. I have no idea what I did with the left side of my lower back, but it's been aching, pinching and now part of my thigh is somewhat numb. My doctor recommended I go see a physical therapist, but it's hell trying to appointment with hell of a retail job. I know I need to find better work. There are plenty of flexible jobs out there that would do a whole hell of a lot better then this one, but I'm always terrified because I like to travel at least once or twice a year if possible. Hell I'm lucky enough right now to be able to even do that. I hate applying for a job, then telling them I'll be away for a week in a couple of months. Just feels like a dick move. I also really need to push learning how to drive, but the terrifies me as well. Just a hot mess right now.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I don't know how fursonas work, but have you tried looking for some more out-there, oddball animals?

https://www.arkive.org/

This site will show you random animal species! Maybe something there will resonate with you.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

We had to put down our dog on Wednesday. My boyfriend and I are devastated. IMHA they said. It was sudden and unexpected, he was only 8 years old, always healthy and happy. I delivered him with my own hands when he was born, he was always my baby boy. He was such a huge part of our life.

I'm absolutely broken over this.

I've been in bed for 2 days. I can't eat. I can't stop crying.

I had his head in my lap for his final moments.

Krauser I don't know what to do without you.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm so sorry Veph. ='( I know what it's like to have to make the difficult decision to let a dog go. Eight years old is too young for him to have been taken. Let yourself mourn for a while, but always remember the good times you had with him. I think I have you on battle net, so feel free to message me any time.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh god, Veph, I'm so SO sorry :(

It's a lot like losing a child. It's not something we're really equipped to deal with. But you were there for him until the end and you did everything you could for him and he was extremely lucky to have had you as his human. Take care of yourself. *hugs*
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh god, I am so, so very sorry :( Take comfort in the fact he knew he was loved and cared for right up to the end, though I know that isn't as comforting as I wish it was
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am so sorry to hear that, Veph. I have dealt with that sort of pain many times in the past, and it is never easy. You did everything that you could for him and his last moments were with the one that loved and cared for him the most. :hug:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

So sorry to hear that.. but you loved him and did what was right for him. He knew he was loved. So sorry for your loss :hug: :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

So sorry Veph. Hang in there. :hug:
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane