Rant Thread

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

Bowno wrote:No. Don't go to Silvermoon. Rofl.
Yeah, not unless you like stumbling over BE whipping each other on a silk bed.

I honestly kinda dropped WoW because some dude kept trying to get my battle net ID just to tell me I was a huntard. Look bro, my tier set sucks eggs for stats but I need the ilevels. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

We just got a nasty blizzard that dumped a ton of snow. Almost 2 feet in less then 24 hours where I am. Now, I don't work today. Most businesses are closed today, but I got a call from work today asking if I could come in. I just... I didn't know we were open today. A freaking retail store. Apparently not giving a flying fuck about the safety of its employees. They had so many people call out that they were trying to call people IN. I told them a firm no. They tried begging, but I told them my damn street wasn't even plowed and it's too much of a hazard. They called me TWICE. I found out later from a co-worker who texted me they've so far gotten about three customers in the 6 hours she's been there. She's mostly been helping the floor employees put stuff around and away. Apparently the $350 or so the store made today warranted it being open. I mean, sometimes smaller convince stores like Walgreens, CVS, or gas stations will be open, but any retail store SHOULD NEVER be open in a freaking store, but then again it's retail. Money is always more important then the employees. At least they still got paid today.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Just had the shock of my life when a primary school aged boy and girl just stole my bread out of my backpack as I crossed a busy road with them. These are not "poor" kids, I live in what is considered a "good" suburb and these kids thought it was ok to take food out of my mouth. For fun. I was so shaken by it - not because of the worth of the item taken ($1.50 bread stick) but the fact they thought it was funny to steal from me. They live one fucking street from me (wish i knew the house) and i'm jsut so upset and angry I just wanted to scream. I lived most of my life in a bad neighbourhood and had very little growing up but i never once had anything taken from me like that nor thought it was acceptable to steal food from another person. I just kept thinking "what if I couldn't just buy more bread? what if I was less fortunate and that was my food for the week? and these kids found it funny!!" I have lost a little faith in society today :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I wrote a very polite input on steam about i would like having an option to turn off the blood in a game. And all i get is ppl laughing at me :( Why is it a bad thing wanting to avoid violence :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I think that's a very reasonable request tarn, and one I would support. People that laugh at such a request are obviously not mature enough to understand it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm....not really handling this birthday well. I'm trying not to let it get to me but...I just don't think today's going to be a very good day. :(
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Veph, my birthday is the 11th as well.

Although for me it's a good day. I have now lived 25 years longer than the doctors said I would. OK, my health COULD be better, but I'm still here. That's as good a reason as any to be happy about a birthday.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

When you have a constipated fish and it wont eat it's laxatives (peas btw) and you can't stop worrying because it's not even eating them after 3 days of fasting it.

Whelp forgot I have a fish breeding cage thing. I'll put him in that tomorrow and hope for the best.
Novikova

Constipation. Thanks, atypical antidepressant. I like choosing which end of me gets corked up, I guess.

RNG.

Trying to get the dang spirit beast fox on Moon Guard (lol).

And finally, when the pharmacy messes up your antidepressants dose and that explains the weird, vivid dreams.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:When you have a constipated fish and it wont eat it's laxatives (peas btw) and you can't stop worrying because it's not even eating them after 3 days of fasting it.

Whelp forgot I have a fish breeding cage thing. I'll put him in that tomorrow and hope for the best.
What kind of fish is it??
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

When you fall for someone who you find out has traits of narcissistic personality disorder. And they claim they're not looking for anything but throw just enough scraps your way to keep you wondering, and keep you fucked up. The worst part isn't that, it's just that you know you should be better than to fall for it and yet you're not; and you find that with middle age comes a fear you're never going to find someone and you're actually becoming more vulnerable and stupid about it than ever. I really am supposed to be better than this.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:When you have a constipated fish and it wont eat it's laxatives (peas btw) and you can't stop worrying because it's not even eating them after 3 days of fasting it.

A Dwarf Honey Gourami. Seems Gouramis are prone to it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:

A Dwarf Honey Gourami. Seems Gouramis are prone to it.
Oh I always loved those :) I always tried to get pairs but it's hard to get females as the shops only like to stock the brightly coloured ones :/

I hope it's doing ok!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wain wrote:When you fall for someone who you find out has traits of narcissistic personality disorder. And they claim they're not looking for anything but throw just enough scraps your way to keep you wondering, and keep you fucked up. The worst part isn't that, it's just that you know you should be better than to fall for it and yet you're not; and you find that with middle age comes a fear you're never going to find someone and you're actually becoming more vulnerable and stupid about it than ever. I really am supposed to be better than this.

340 million Americans feel your pain.

(30 million Canadians are too busy building a wall in secret)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Novikova

I hope das fische gets better soon. I love fishes.

Also, trintellix has turned me into a weapon of ass destruction.

AUGH.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wain wrote: Oh I always loved those :) I always tried to get pairs but it's hard to get females as the shops only like to stock the brightly coloured ones :/

I hope it's doing ok!
We have a pair and I guess 20ish of their children? We moved the first ten into a new tank but now our main tank has at least another ten in. All different batches of babies too. We don't do anything special to make them breed they just do it all by themselves. Still the tetras get a good meal out of it XD

He has not eaten much of the peas but he's acting perfectly fine. I've cut back on the food and am just waiting it out. I to hope he'll be fine.
Novikova

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote: Oh I always loved those :) I always tried to get pairs but it's hard to get females as the shops only like to stock the brightly coloured ones :/

I hope it's doing ok!
We have a pair and I guess 20ish of their children? We moved the first ten into a new tank but now our main tank has at least another ten in. All different batches of babies too. We don't do anything special to make them breed they just do it all by themselves. Still the tetras get a good meal out of it XD

He has not eaten much of the peas but he's acting perfectly fine. I've cut back on the food and am just waiting it out. I to hope he'll be fine.
I think a fish's behavior is the best indicator. It's awesome you take good care of 'im. I adore feesh.

Rant: Work has given me 0 hours for two weeks. Guess it's back to the job hunt.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Boo (one of my cats) loved me so hard in the face last night that I'm pretty sure he fractured my hyoid bone. It is uncomfortable... but there's not much done to treat it if it isn't sticking broken ends out of your throat, so I'll just lump it with painkillers till it gets better.

In other news, Boo has been duly deed-named 'Throatcrusher'.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I should stop being so involved with my shows characters but Ohh SIGH The good Wife season 5, episode 16... no spoilers .. just to say.. GRRRRR No i wanted another ending darn it..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

That damn barn cat is back in our attic again. It must have gotten in when the roof was being repaired and only let itself be known AFTER the hole was fixed and all that's left is to lay down tar. Anyone know of a way to scare a cat out of a place? We are not going to play games with it again, giving it free meals while it makes a mess up there for three weeks. :| :mrgreen: