Rant Thread

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Aleu »

Of course my back flares up again on the weekend I have to watch my moms dog. Of course my insurance is still bullshit.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Found oil splot in Highmountain.

Found second oil splot in Highmountain.

Promptly lost trail and couldn't find anything for like 30m at which point I gave up.

Hnrugh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Hornets do not make good alarm clocks. I'd prefer not to wake up cos a hornet got stuck in my window, thank you.

Further rant. WARNING: Gross/Disturbing

I dreamt that I had ant-like parasites digging into my hands. I could squeeze them out but if I didn't kill them fast they dug straight back in again and sometimes when I got them out a squirt of blood/pus came out with it. What the hell did I do/eat to get this kind of dream?!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Okay mild rant...but why does mother nature try and kill me every morning. these allergies are driving me up the wall

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Syleye wrote:Okay mild rant...but why does mother nature try and kill me every morning. these allergies are driving me up the wall
Couldn't agree more. =_= Sometimes I luck out with a mild season that hardly bothers me, but my allergies came back with a vengeance this year and now the pills are hardly working because I have to take them so often they lose effect.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Why'd I drink on a uni night ;-;
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Varethyn wrote:Hornets do not make good alarm clocks. I'd prefer not to wake up cos a hornet got stuck in my window, thank you.

Further rant. WARNING: Gross/Disturbing

I dreamt that I had ant-like parasites digging into my hands. I could squeeze them out but if I didn't kill them fast they dug straight back in again and sometimes when I got them out a squirt of blood/pus came out with it. What the hell did I do/eat to get this kind of dream?!
I know this is just a rant thread, but I thought I would pass on what my mom told me from when she was going through her dark days of battling depression. She had really awful dreams like what you had and she said when she asked about it in therapy that she was told to try not to dwell on them too much because dreams generally don't mean anything--they're just ways to vent stress and worries that are going on in our life and are really hard to "decode." From my understanding, even though there are dream studies and such, most of it isn't really definitive or even in agreement because dreams are just kind of weird. It's one of those things where, if you're attending therapy, it's worth mentioning in your appointments/sessions, but that they're not something that should have too much thought put into them. My mom said her really creepy dreams like that got a lot better and would go away for long periods of time after she got going to therapy regularly and after they suggested she try an anti-depression med.

Not saying you have any of that. Sorry, I know sometimes I mean well but don't always type it in a manner that comes across the way I'd like. TL;DR is basically, try really hard not to put too much thought into having weird dreams like that. Acknowledge it, that it was weird/gross/etc., and then try to move on from it. I know that's easier said than done with those things, but I hope you don't let it bring you down. :) :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

My childhood friend died last night suddenly. The thought of there's always tomorrow is a lie don't wait when it comes to people you care about

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Syleye wrote:My childhood friend died last night suddenly. The thought of there's always tomorrow is a lie don't wait when it comes to people you care about
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

my own rant.. just got a call from the municipal system.. i got a summon to go tomorrow and I had put in a request for them to meet me at my home giving that I injure myself everytime I need to go see them.. but noooooo, its not allowed by the rule so I have to go fall down the stairs and meet them tomorrow.. and on top of that they said they considered taking my benefits away because I was too sick to be on them... What :shock: .. i know there are other benefits i can be on but the money my husband currently made will factor in with those so we get less paid out.. that benefit are for those who are availble for the workforce.. which apparently I am because I am too sick to be on the sick ppl benefits...

seriously i dont get the rules.. :( :cry:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I got my wisdom teeth taken out today (all four) and my face feels like a balloon. But not a balloon of pain because these pain meds are good.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

The viewpoint my family has been going to for 20+ years now to watch the fireworks just chased us off tonight.
My father is 73 years old. He recently had a bad fall and is now starting to show his age. My brother is 31 years old and his health is so bad, that he has to walk with a cane. His spine is all fucked up.
So we drive up there.. and see barricades. We say "screw it we are driving a handicap and an old man to go see the fireworks, we'll just move the barricades" and do so.
When we park, a guy comes up to us telling us that they had "paid money to the city to make the area private to the neighborhood only". They couldnt provide said papers, but proceeded to be real assholes about it until we left.
My father knocked down the barricades on the way out, but I managed to convince him, my brother and my bf that they likely had our plate # written down and it wasn't worth it to leave them knocked down, so we picked them up.
Now everyone is pissed off and their Independence Day ruined. My BF now wants to go back to Oklahoma more than ever because he's tired of all the Northerners being assholes.
I know none of this is my fault.. But I feel so terrible that I cant fix things and make people happy.

Siggy under construction!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

my dog's right left eye sank in??? everything was totally fine today and he had no opportunity for injury, but one minute his eyes were A-okay and the next minute I went to give him a treat and it was way sunken in. He acts fine, he doesn't seem distressed or to even notice it, but it's super, super scary looking.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

My AC is dying and it's going to be 105 tomorrow and the AC repair guys are booked. I'm on 'standby'....

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I miss solid food ;-;
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I don't understand!!!!!!

My friend just had a hysterectomy, she has one kid, a son who's Seven. She was at her mothers place for the first week after getting out of the hospital, and during that time I was happy to help look after her son while her husband was at work. Her Husband and son stayed at home (this was during the last week of school). So the other parents and I took turns taking her son to/from school till the husband got off work.

Now that my friend is home though, I don't understand why she can't have her son home with her while her husband is off at work...She keeps sending him off to other peoples houses because "she's sore and tired." Her son is SEVEN! He should be learning to help her, get her food, drinks, basic cleaning, etc!
I get sick and my Seven year old daughter fetches me drinks, makes me food, cleans up, watches her two year old sister and pretty much attempts anything else I might request of her.

It pains me to see how huge of a gap there is between what my daughter can do and what her son can do (We've been friends since our kids were two), because I encourage my daughter to do things on her own, to try new things and give her the confidants to succeed and the will to keep trying where she fails. My friend is not that way...as soon as something becomes inconvenient for her she sends her son off on "play dates" or does things for him.

Its frustrating, I can't even talk to her about it because she freaks out and goes off ranting about all the things wrong in her life (everything from when she was a little kid all the way up to all the health issues she has now) and none of it has anything really to do with parenting...

I just really don't understand...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Screw you.
I've decided that if that's the way Blizz is going to do it, then I don't the f***ing warrior mount.
No other mount is as hard to get.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Almost all of the order hall mounts have some degree of suck. I don't know what goes into the warrior one but jesus fucknuts on a stick, it can't possibly be bad as the rogue one.

Especially if you loathe pvp with every ounce of your salty soul.

.... at least you can kinda cheat and get help BUT STILL.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I had no trouble at all with eh Hunter one.
I had trouble the first time I did the Warlock one, until I understood how it worked, and then it was a breeze.

But the warrior one is just incredibly stupid, with ridiculously overpowered FIRST boss, and you have three to do.
All my abilities have cooldowns.. the boss? nope, no cooldowns, he can just spam his sh*t all he wants.
So in my mind, the Warrior class mount is ugly as sin, I don't care if I don't have it.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I've finally gotten out of my art funk and have actually been excited to continue working on something for once. Then about a week ago I had a Windows update and my tablet has since refused to work properly. At first it was simply that the pressure wasn't responding correctly, usually fixed by unplugging and plugging the tablet in. But it kept doing it. Tried downloading a driver and installing it. It sort of worked, the pressure's fixed but my preference of having the cursor jump to the stylus rather than having to drag it around like a mouse was borked. And now whenever I try to access the preferences to change it the computer insists that there is no tablet plugged in. I've tried various different drivers, restarting the computer with and without the tablet plugged in, with no difference whatsoever. I am so fucking upset right now.

EDIT: Looks like the tablet I use stopped continuation about 2 years ago. At least I assume so since the "latest" driver for it was in 2015. Great, I need a new fucking tablet.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Vare, if you have Windows 10, there's been a lot of issues with one of the newest updates. I let my laptop do the update, then had a lot of issues afterwards that I had not had before. I ended up rolling back the computer to the previous update and going back to having no issues. If you'd like, you can always Google to roll back the update and see if that helps.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]