Rant Thread

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Teigan »

Then you might need to fall back on your church. I'm not religious anymore, but I was raised that way and churches always tried to help out their less fortunate members. They may not be able to help with the shower issue, but probably with an oven or at least a microwave.

And I'm not a legal expert and I'm not from the EU, but it sounds like obesity is considered a disability under EU law, at least in the workplace, according to an article from 2014. The change was due to a 2010 case from Denmark, actually, so you've probably heard about that.
The court’s advocate general over the summer in an opinion on the case said obesity could be described as a disability if it “has reached such a degree that it plainly hinders participation in professional life”.
And if it's something that can impair professional life, obviously it will impair personal life. So, I would question the decision that you aren't disabled. If you can't fit into the shower, that's clearly a disability. I would request a new caseworker, or whatever they'd be called in Denmark. And maybe it will take time and maybe you'll still have to make due in that new apartment, but keep pushing.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Yes, that is also the case here. People fall through the cracks all the time and there are far too many cracks that are far too large. Lots of kids go hungry here, too and disabled people end up on the streets all the time. The poor and disabled are worth nothing here either and are treated like scum and scam artists. And many of them are ignorant of the systems that can either help or harm them. But you aren't in that position. You still have a home. With internet. You can still work at this.
And, ok, so your church consists of humble people. But a dollar here and there adds up to a $15 cheapo microwave pretty quickly. You can also start a GoFundMe, the social safety net of modern times.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Denmark have a special membership to the Europe union. We basically have a list or stuff we won't do.like take our share of immigrants, something about ingrediense, something about that ppl from other eu countries who live in denmark without a citizenship can't get Child support etc.
Yeah my contegration helps with food and stuff but an oven is sadly expensive in denmark.(2000 dolars for a cheap one ) They might be able to get us some hotplates which is better than nothing.

Oh and you have to pay for case workers in denmark. No probono unless they get appointed by the system. They don't want to give probono to ppl suing them. We had sooo many ppl in the ews lately telling how stupid the system is but nothing. .
Ive been fighting for a fair treatment for more than 20 years with no luck. .

Sorry about the edit typing hard on mobile

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, when you file for disability here, a government agent is assigned your case. I don't mean a lawyer. Just the person who handles the claim and makes the decision. I think you thought I meant a lawyer, which I don't. Lawyers aren't free here either. No way I could afford one either. But yeah, if you're an immigrant to Denmark, it sounds like it doesn't matter anyway. If I understand you? You mentioned the immigrant stuff because you're an immigrant?

Anyway, does Craigslist or something like it exist in Denmark? I'm sure you can find a used oven for cheaper than $2000! And a microwave should still be easily obtainable, especially used. Even new, from Walmart, you can get a cheap one. And then there are second hand stores, too. Good about the hotplates though. That should help. There's plenty of things you can make just using a hotplate :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh nope not an immigrant just listing some stuff denmark don't follow eu in. I had more than 15 different sociale workers (what our case workers are called ) over the years. One even suggested i should sweep the road as a job. .And that was while i was in the hospital with a broken knee. Our sociale workers only do what the system wants them to. Nothing else :)

We don't got Craigslist in denmark but we just found something on Amazon in the UK which we can use. Not much but better than nothing.

Sorry for the ranting i just hate that in less than 3 days Im moving to a mold infested small place where i can't take a shower. .:/

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Omg Tarn that's just horrific!! I'm so sorry :( I hope some good luck comes your way soon (preferably in the shape of an oven) Did they not check you could shower atleast!?? what the actual fuck.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

our friends got us a small oven with two cooking plates. It is a very generous gift. its not a mikrowave but a mini oven so we still can make dishes in the oven. (fyi it cost 1000 danish kroner = 153,26 dollars - shipped in from the uk)

not quite sure what I do for shower/bathroom yet... we are putting black plastic sacks around the windows which we put on with gaffa tape..

It just feel like i am even more poor than I was already.. I hate the feeling of being less :/

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

This Tomb King army in Warhammer total war 2 is being a real pain in the ass. Yeah dude you may be a cool undead Egyptian but I'm a cool Aztec lizard man. I think I win in cool points.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Update on my uncle. Cancer is stage 4, double lung and liver, less than 2% survival rate.
They think my kitty has a virus that's gotten into his bone marrow. A special blood test that got sent out yesterday will give us the results. His prognosis is poor.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

:hug:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Dewclaw wrote:Update on my uncle. Cancer is stage 4, double lung and liver, less than 2% survival rate.
They think my kitty has a virus that's gotten into his bone marrow. A special blood test that got sent out yesterday will give us the results. His prognosis is poor.
:hug:
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Teeth... still ache. Can't eat any hard or sticky foods until I get said teeth restored/capped. Root canals suck.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I know It's like 11 days in but I still get annoyed when people act like everyones 2018 was bad. Mine was great! A lot of good things happened to me and I hope 2019 is even better!

Just because you had a bad year does not mean you should bring everyone else down with you >:(
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not a single part of my body which doesn't hurt. ..

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Rest easy Noodle kitty. You absence left a big hole...
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Dewclaw wrote:Rest easy Noodle kitty. You absence left a big hole...
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My rant :

Moved into our new place yesterday. It's sooo filthy. . Mold many places. . Due to the holes in the walls and a very thin outerwall with no insulation it's frezing cold. Slept in my bed with 2 termo sleeping bags. There are exactly 5,2 centimeters from my stomach to the wall when I sit on the toilet. Very hard to wipe. Shower head is broken, but I can't fit in the shower anyway so. .
7 stairsteps up to our "no stairs " appartement. The thing you hold on to when you climb the stairs are basically just a piece of rotting Wood. I can't use it which means i can't get down. .. so much for moving. .

Thing which bother ne most are the bathroom facilities , the mold and that's it's so frezing cold. . Laying in bed with clothes and termo sleeping backs. Just stick a hand /your nose outside and it's super cold. Winter in Denmark. Minus one degree outside and due to our walls zero degrees inside.

Deep deep sigh.

Only good thing is that the internet is working. Has to use my mobile. . Too cold to use our stationary computers. .

Your prob tired of hearing about my moving complaints. . Sorry :/
Last edited by Ana on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Oh geez Tårn, that's terrible! :(

Surely there are building standards that need to be adhered to, or minimum requirements for rented apartments? I hope you manage to find something positive among all this.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Tårnfalk wrote:My rant :

Moved into our new place yesterday. It's sooo filthy. . Mold many places. . Due to the holes in the walls and a very thin outerwall with no insulation it's frezing cold. Slept in my bed with 2 termo sleeping bags. There are exactly 5,2 centimeters from my stomach to the wall when I sit on the toilet. Very hard to wipe. Shower head is broken, but I can't fit in the shower anyway so. .
7 stairsteps up to our "no stairs " appartement. The thing you hold on to when you climb the stairs are basically just a piece of rotting Wood. I can't use it which means i can't get down. .. so much for moving. .

Thing which bother ne most are the bathroom facilities , the mold and that's it's so frezing cold. . Laying in bed with clothes and termo sleeping backs. Just stick a hand /your nose outside and it's super cold. Winter in Denmark. Minus one degree outside and due to our walls zero degrees inside.

Deep deep sigh.

Only good thing is that the internet is working. Has to use my mobile. . Too cold to use our stationary computers. .

Your prob tired of hearing about my moving complaints. . Sorry :/

Based on your statements, it is evident that your new accommodations are in severe violation of basic health and safety standards. I think it would be in your best interest to report this to the appropriate authorities before you or your husband's health becomes severely impacted. Damaged walls, mold, rotting wood, and lack of sufficient heat are all problems that should be addressed by the city and/or building manager.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Anyia wrote:Oh geez Tårn, that's terrible! :(

Surely there are building standards that need to be adhered to, or minimum requirements for rented apartments? I hope you manage to find something positive among all this.
There are A listings and B listings in Denmark. A has to be in order. B does not. Our are B. Problem is that normally ppl can complain about that before they move in and often get it fixed. We were forced to move by the goverment so we have no rights to complain. They paid the cost of the move. We have to pay rent, heat, gas and electricity but have no rights to complain. .