Rant Thread

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Dewclaw wrote:I just got a phone call from my husband. He was in another car accident and has head trauma. EMS is on scene trying to get him to go to the hospital (he called me wanting a ride home). I am afraid to call him back right now because i do not want to interrupt emergency services as they were questioning him. I am so scared.

Update, he was arrested for dui. I feel lied to, let down, and I have lost all trust in who I thought he was and what he has been telling me. Only good thing is the arresting officer is a heck of a nice guy (He called me). My husband is "pretty banged up," as the car flipped several times. I do not know if I can continue being married to him after this. He is currently trying to get himself home from jail.
We're all here for you, Dewclaw :hug:
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Small update he was released from jail and caught a cab home. I convinced his to go to the hospital this morning and they are saying broken sternum, fractured wrist, poss bruised heart..they want to transfer him to a trauma center. he is talking about refusing. Meanwhile I just became the sole provider of the household and me with only a part time job. So screwed. And all because he decided to do something stupid.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am so damned confused right now. I have this "friend" who is a yoga instructor, travels to India on a regular basis, believes in herbs and energy more than western medicine. She just found out her estranged husband has a gay lover and she freaked out. Not because he has a lover ( she doesn't care) but because he's gay. Like wtf. I though she was more open than that. Then she tried to argue with me about the biological proof that its perfectly normal. Like seriously how can she be so backwards and just ugggg. I won't go into details about what she said but I was disgusted. While I am female married to a male with children. I have close family and friends who are gay and it just hurts that someone could even passing talk that way about people I love. I really want to smack the stupid out of her but I won't. I tried to educate her and warned her not to pass her own biases onto her children or she may regret it later in life

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Gay marriage does equal straight marriage. If you want to mentally discriminate against people based on their sexual preference, no one can stop you, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the government's recognition of equality. And that kind of discrimination doesn't belong on this forum.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

She does not care about him. she has been having multiple public affairs for the past 6 years. She has been trying to get him to leave. She professes to be a liberal minded person but this to me is the opposite. Don't pretend to be something you're not.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I know she is your friend but she honestly sounds like a big ole b-word. If she's going to act like that then she should be happy he left and is happy without her. She clearly didn't want him so him being with a man shouldn't bother her. People can find their true selves at any point in their lives.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Hell, I'm the youngest of three children, and I've been married longer than either of my siblings (both of whom had marriages that ended up in bitter divorces). My husband and I are very happy. We've even bought a company together.

The only thing we don't agree on is children.
I prefer them boiled, he prefers roasted.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Syleye wrote:She does not care about him. she has been having multiple public affairs for the past 6 years. She has been trying to get him to leave. She professes to be a liberal minded person but this to me is the opposite. Don't pretend to be something you're not.
She probably does care on some lvl by the sounds or she wouldn't react the way she does. Perhaps it's just the betrayal of it all that made her mad and the gay thing is just her way of justifying being offended even though she's the pot calling the kettle black with her own affairs? I dunno just my theory. I've been watching way too much MAFS too (those bloody psychologists haha!!!)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sukurachi wrote:The only thing we don't agree on is children.
:lol:

I prefer them as nephews and nieces. I can have fun with them, buy them too much sugar, and then send them home for their parents to deal with ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Wain wrote:

I prefer them as nephews and nieces. I can have fun with them, buy them too much sugar, and then send them home for their parents to deal with ;)
you sound like my parents :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

sad today :/ I hate being in so much pain all the time

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:

I knew there was a good reason I liked you :-)

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Syleye, that frustrates me so so sO much to hear. I hope your friend figures out their biases and starts to open their mind a little bit. :/ Every day I grow more thankful that my parents were so chill when I came out to them- they never batted an eye and immediately adopted my gf as part of the family, to protect just as fiercely as they would me. It makes me really sad that that isn't the norm.

My own frustration of the day - while I feel awesome about finally building my new computer and doing it (mostly) right on the first try, getting it to install Windows is another matter entirely. x.x What do you MEAN missing necessary driver? (also hey why is windows 10 still $120? who can afford that. stop it)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Syleye, that frustrates me so so sO much to hear. I hope your friend figures out their biases and starts to open their mind a little bit. :/ Every day I grow more thankful that my parents were so chill when I came out to them- they never batted an eye and immediately adopted my gf as part of the family, to protect just as fiercely as they would me. It makes me really sad that that isn't the norm.

My own frustration of the day - while I feel awesome about finally building my new computer and doing it (mostly) right on the first try, getting it to install Windows is another matter entirely. x.x What do you MEAN missing necessary driver? (also hey why is windows 10 still $120? who can afford that. stop it)
My desktop is a custom built that I kept after my husband died. I tell ya, I don't know that I will ever build another computer. This thing has had so many weird issues crop up, and so far I've been able to Google problems to solve them (or sit and rewire something that a friend totally screwed up in his effort to fix an issue), but recently, it's hit and miss whether my motherboard decides to recognize the SSD that has Windows on it. Most of the time it boots into the BIOS screen; I either have to keep turning it off and on again until it recognizes the SSD, or unplug the SSD and plug it back in. The Geek Squad at Best Buy says I probably need to update the BIOS (I didn't even know that was a thing since you don't seem to need to do it on prebuilts!), and so far I haven't found the time to figure out how to do that. My brief bit of research on it makes it seem like a pain in the butt.

All this makes me think that when this thing eventually needs replacing, I'll just buy a decent prebuilt one. I love the idea of being able to totally customize a rig, but unless I sit and do serious research and find somebody who knows computers really well, for me, it just isn't worth the hassle.

Many kudos to the people who love to do this sort of thing.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm lucky and have a dad who has a Doctorate in Computers/Robotics and I just ask him to put it together.

Ya'll just need to add a big ole nerd to your family :lol:

Rant? not really a rant but I've got a meeting with a studio on Thursday and I'm a bundle of nerves and I don't like it. I can't wait to visit the studio but I also am scared of goofing it up XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just to note that while the rant thread has some relaxed rules it's still subject to the same rules of conduct as the rest of the forums. For example, if I see anyone posting anything even moderately derogatory, including your opinions on how a certain gender, race or sexual orientation is less than yours, I will delete the post.

Now, back to our regular programming...

cowmuflage wrote:Rant? not really a rant but I've got a meeting with a studio on Thursday and I'm a bundle of nerves and I don't like it. I can't wait to visit the studio but I also am scared of goofing it up XD
I'm sure you'll be brilliant :) Good luck!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Sick and tired of my workplace. People keep leaving, boss refuses to hire more. Told him he should have hired more months ago. He's just starting to realize that huh, maybe we do need them, but at this point it's too late. They should have been trained and given a consistent schedule a long time ago. Instead, the same three people are getting screwed over day after day. This is the fourth week in a row that six days out of the week I have been called to come in early, stay late, or come in on my day off. I finally snapped and said no today. Now the other lady there has to work a 14 hour shift today, and she's one of the three that's been getting screw over on a regular basis. I don't feel good about making her do that. I wouldn't have felt good about having to come in either. Now I get to spend the rest of the night in a shitty mood but hey, I got it off!

I want to leave so bad, but that'd do nothing to fix the staffing issue. There are two other people (hilariously enough, neither of them being one of the ones getting the worst of it) talking about quitting. It's already hell here and I can't imagine losing two more. But God forbid he hire "too many people", or he'll cut us all back down to 16 hours a week like he did over the winter.
I hate this place.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

total 1st world problem:

I'm LIVID! paid for the Bluray of The last Jedi, and the stupid fricken disk won't play on my player.
I've tried my computer (and of course, Windows 8.1 doesn't come with a media player so I have to count on a 3rd party product) and it won't play there either.

So Disney has added some sort of updated "piracy protection" to their disks.

Add to this their stupid squabble with Amazon.

A nice long week-end with my husband (we get so little time together) ruined by us trying to figure out how to get this to work.

"Step on no pets!"

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Another game rant:

I need to get my Rogue's class campaign done.
But she needs to do Maw of Souls. There are literally NO groups doing it, I've been trying to queue for a week. Everyone's doing mythics, not even heroics, never mind normal.

So today, after all this waiting hours and hours in queue, I finally get a group in... and the f***ing tank jsut PLOWS through to the first boss, leaving packs of trash behind.. and the item I need for my quest is right in the middle of a pack of trash.

So after all that waiting... I have to start over because the tank HAD to prove that he could tank 15 mobs at once and couldn't be bothered to wait or help someone who had a quest.

If Blizzard doesn't remove the dungeon requirement for legion class campaigns before BfA, I may just unsuscribe. I play slowly, and I have other toons to get through Legion content. It's already nearly impossible to get a group if you're not a tank or healer yourself.

"Step on no pets!"

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well, Sukurachi, the class mounts aren't being removed. So worst case scenario you can just hang out until you're max level in BFA and go back and solo it. That's how I plan to do the balance of power business 'cause I just can't be arsed to find normal raid anything.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket