Rant Thread

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Rawr »

I saw Rogue One and I can't talk to anyone I know about it! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wow loading screens...not sure if it's just my internet or what but since this expansion they take for-fucking-ever! I don't play alot anymore but sitting on a loading screen for 2mins is seriously putting me off even bothering anymore....everything else seems fine but those loading screens ><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Ye WoW loading screens were pretty bad when I was still playing (Had to let my sub run out. Cant afford sub IRL and gold prices were 52k Dx)
But every week the loading screen got worse and worse.

Siggy under construction!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Also I have abnormally long tooth roots, so my teeth itch and hurt whenever my sinuses get angry. AUGH.

And of course, Sylvanas is the token anime eyecandy on the loading screen. Whee!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Asshats who leave mid game of the Mei Snowball fight. Like if there is not someone wanting to join right away the whole match is ended and so you get jack ;-;

I only have issues with loading screens if it's going to a extra busy area or certain raids.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I've also been having annoyingly long load screens. Not enough to make me stop playing but definitely notice. They're worse for Legion loads but there's a lag even in vanilla. Blizzard's aware of it but apparently it's not everyone and they say they can't replicate it easily. But they know at least.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Woo, stuck in the marksmanship instance because I looted the bow and can't finish the last stage because I had to restart it.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Mg Gmail got hacked while I was asleep last night. Luckily, I only use it for youtube and was able to secure it back just now.. But Jesus, how annoying is that :L

Siggy under construction!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

This year has taken an awful lot of people but jfc I can't stop crying over Carrie Fisher I mean I didn't even know her really, obviously, but still.

I wonder if there's some way I can find to write a letter to Nichelle Nichols and tell her for god's sake please don't die.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Crazy neighbour (who we don't even know his name) tried to run us off the road on Christmas eve - asked him what we did and who he was responds with "I was just having fun, cant I have some fun?" Not like that fuckwit. Told him next time he has that sort of fun there's going to be a police man and a lawyer on his doorstep, you cool with that I ask. He says "yeah yeah fine" and then says "you know what you did" ???? do we? Reported him to the police and he has a history of VRO's out against him which his broken...great.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It took me this long to realise there is a Legacy raid feature in the looking for group section ;-; HOW DID I MISS THAT?
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

When the absolute closest person in the world is told something that was specifically requested to be kept between you and them and they blab it to their whole f#$%@#g family.
The volcanic explosion of anger. Hurt. Betrayal.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

trying to rant without giving away spoilers.. but darn Sherlock Holmes series just cant drop the drama and just focus on solving cases.... really really did not like the new episode..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I've lost interest in "Sherlock", but still love "Elementary".
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

That moment when you find you're being taxed for almost as much as you spent on something thanks to a note buried deep in the ToS. Thanks FedEx, guess I'm not buying anything physical from Blizz ever again.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Am equal parts curious and horrified? Creepy story.
So there's a busy-ish street not too far from my house, about four blocks out. You can drive down it, pass a large grocery store and then there's a bunch of houses right up against the street (and alleyways and stuff for people to go down and park and whatnot). And there's this one single house, not RIGHT next to the grocery store, but it goes like... Grocery, alley, three small houses, alley, *One big house*, alley. And the big house, the front porch faces the street and you get a nice view of the front windows and door. My mother and I were driving past it on our way to meet my grandparents for dinner tonight, and she started freaking out! Apparently, two mornings ago as she drove by, she noticed a woman standing at the front door, as if waiting for someone to open it. She went out again later that night to meet some friends at the gym, passing the house, and the woman was still there. I didn't notice the woman as we passed, but mom assured me she was there.
So here's where it gets freaky. I'm thinking "Okay, early morning, mid evening... probably someone leaving/coming home from work, maybe." Weird we catch it at the perfect time, but eh. We usually leave our house and take that road around the same time. However, as we were on our way back home from dinner, we decided to drive back via that road... and there the woman was again, still standing and staring at the door! This was two hours later!
Now that we're back home, my friend comes over and wants to spend the night, and we tell her this story. So at roughly 8:30 we decide we wanna go snag some ice cream (maybe 2 hours after we got home), and we convince my mother to pass the house again, because SURELY at 8:30 at night any sane person would have given up and gone home (especially since it's going to be getting cold overnight). And we pass by and... yep, still there. Still staring at the house. And the same on our way back (but we were only out maybe 15 minutes that time). REALLY creepy.
Now my friend and I decide, okay, we HAVE to know just how long this lady is standing at this house. Shortly after 1 am we snuck back out and I drove us down the road to pass the house. We're passing, and we see her again, and my friend goes "OH! You know what? That... looks like a Christmas tree." Oh thank goodness, that makes a LOT of sense. Granted, dunno who would leave the tree they're trying to discard sitting directly in front of their door, but eh. It's early January, there are people in the area who aren't going to have their Christmas junk fully gotten rid of until March, this makes sense to me. So we turn back around, and I figure, there's no one else on the road right now ('busy' road gets pretty dead around 1-4 in the morning), lets pass slow and confirm it is indeed a Christmas tree.
Nope. Had legs. Had hair. Certainly not a tree.
I'm so freaked out and terribly curious it's driving me and my friend nuts.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kirrandria wrote:Am equal parts curious and horrified? Creepy story.
So there's a busy-ish street not too far from my house, about four blocks out. You can drive down it, pass a large grocery store and then there's a bunch of houses right up against the street (and alleyways and stuff for people to go down and park and whatnot). And there's this one single house, not RIGHT next to the grocery store, but it goes like... Grocery, alley, three small houses, alley, *One big house*, alley. And the big house, the front porch faces the street and you get a nice view of the front windows and door. My mother and I were driving past it on our way to meet my grandparents for dinner tonight, and she started freaking out! Apparently, two mornings ago as she drove by, she noticed a woman standing at the front door, as if waiting for someone to open it. She went out again later that night to meet some friends at the gym, passing the house, and the woman was still there. I didn't notice the woman as we passed, but mom assured me she was there.
So here's where it gets freaky. I'm thinking "Okay, early morning, mid evening... probably someone leaving/coming home from work, maybe." Weird we catch it at the perfect time, but eh. We usually leave our house and take that road around the same time. However, as we were on our way back home from dinner, we decided to drive back via that road... and there the woman was again, still standing and staring at the door! This was two hours later!
Now that we're back home, my friend comes over and wants to spend the night, and we tell her this story. So at roughly 8:30 we decide we wanna go snag some ice cream (maybe 2 hours after we got home), and we convince my mother to pass the house again, because SURELY at 8:30 at night any sane person would have given up and gone home (especially since it's going to be getting cold overnight). And we pass by and... yep, still there. Still staring at the house. And the same on our way back (but we were only out maybe 15 minutes that time). REALLY creepy.
Now my friend and I decide, okay, we HAVE to know just how long this lady is standing at this house. Shortly after 1 am we snuck back out and I drove us down the road to pass the house. We're passing, and we see her again, and my friend goes "OH! You know what? That... looks like a Christmas tree." Oh thank goodness, that makes a LOT of sense. Granted, dunno who would leave the tree they're trying to discard sitting directly in front of their door, but eh. It's early January, there are people in the area who aren't going to have their Christmas junk fully gotten rid of until March, this makes sense to me. So we turn back around, and I figure, there's no one else on the road right now ('busy' road gets pretty dead around 1-4 in the morning), lets pass slow and confirm it is indeed a Christmas tree.
How eerie! I have to admit I'm really invested in finding out the story behind this now too. o.o If you find out please share, I'm dying to know!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Everquest next got canceled :( then landmark got canceled...

Is the era of big mmorpgs over? I have always loved the HUGE varerity of areas in everquest 1 (2 is not as big sadly).. WoW does not even come close.. even with all its expansions...

I dont know where to go next.. I mean what does the future hold for MMORPGS? There are nothing out there atm which can rekindle/spark my interest back to mmorpgs... :? :cry:

I wonder if Blizzard will ever make a WoW 2 ?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote:
Kirrandria wrote:Am equal parts curious and horrified? Creepy story.
How eerie! I have to admit I'm really invested in finding out the story behind this now too. o.o If you find out please share, I'm dying to know!
Yep i'll second that! Can you take a picture or use a camera with a zoom? How far from the road is this house? I'd totally be calling out to see if she turns around.

Shadowlands

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kirrandria »

The house is a decent distance from the road, they have a comparatively large front yard to most houses in the neighborhood but no more than say... twice as big? It's also a lot wider than it is tall(?), so really, the house isn't THAT far from the road. It's surrounded by a white fence though, so it certainly seems separated from the main street. I've passed the house a few more times, and the woman is still there, but she hasn't moved in the slightest. I'm beginning to wonder if it really might be some kind of inanimate object that just looks eerily like a person from behind (seriously, she looks like a smaller woman with shoulder length black hair, on oversize puffy coat with the fur around the hood, and boots), but the way the porch is and the distance the house is from the road make it pretty much impossible to see her from anyway but directly behind since she's always facing the house. There are steps that lead up onto the porch, and right in front of them is the front door (and the area where she stands), but right on either side of the stairs are the very large support posts that block any view from an angle. There are small evergreen trees along the side of the house, but they're tall enough it impossible to see from the side. You can't even really tell she's there until you pass right in front of the house, and them bam! There's clearly a woman standing and staring at the door.

I've a bit of a theory though. I'm going with my friends idea on 'some sort of decoration', and think maybe the people living there are trying to discard it but also want to have a bit of fun with it before they do. It'd make sense not to stick it out right by the road, because that street is a bus route and it might stop for the perceived person if they were up by the road. But tomorrow is trash pickup day, and if it really is some decoration they're trying to discard, it should be moved and gone by tomorrow night. If not, well... It's still a mystery!

I would call out, but I'm a big chicken xD Someone standing in the same spot and pose for three days in a row is either inanimate or inhuman.