The Random Thoughts thread

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: The Random Thoughts thread

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I've been thinking about waist training for a long time (and doing some small bits of research now and again), and I think I've finally decided that I DO want to do it. My boobs are a bit big and don't get enough support in regular bras, and I would love a smaller waist and better posture.

Now to just save up, research more, and talk to my mom about it (she wanted me to wait until we 100% knew what was going on with my heart, but it's been a year and a half and we still don't. I don't want to do anything drastic, anyway, so it wouldn't be cinching that much).
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I wonder if I put some real effort into my art I could sell it? I made a picture for our wall - nothing special just an oriental style fish with some photoshop filters through it - but everyone thats walked into our house has said they want it 0.o and were did we get it! They kinda look surprised to learn I made it haha!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

There was a thing called the Little Ice Age. It happened after the Medieval Warm Period and went up to the 19th century. While not a "true" ice age it was a period of world cooling or "global cooling" if you will.

Yes humans might be helping to make the world warmer but it is a natural thing to happen! The world does cool and warm by its self.

Just keep that in mind when you hear people saying the worlds doomed because of global warming.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:There was a thing called the Little Ice Age. It happened after the Medieval Warm Period and went up to the 19th century. While not a "true" ice age it was a period of world cooling or "global cooling" if you will.

Yes humans might be helping to make the world warmer but it is a natural thing to happen! The world does cool and warm by its self.

Just keep that in mind when you hear people saying the worlds doomed because of global warming.
^So much this...so many ppl going "OMG the world is ending cause there are storms and fires and its hot" er newsflash this happened 100's of years ago too but there was less people to either whine about it or idiots built cities on faultlines...below sea lvl...in the middle of bushland etc etc.

Case in point - Fires in Aust: they were started by kids, not global warming. Also if you build your house in the bush expect a fire. Its not a matter of IF but WHEN. Thats the risk you take. When you don't backburn you get more fuel...fuel = bigger fire. Political agendas caused it to be a monster not global warming.

There is also evidence to show the earths temperature hasn't changed in 15yrs but ya know who cares about science right?

Shadowlands

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

So, I think my brain exploded after that episode of RWBY that caused me to literally dissect the R W B Y trailers.

Like, I literally dissected whatever I could find about them.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Saiya the Lotus
Realm: Lightbringer-US , MoonGuard-US

Unread post by Saiya the Lotus »

I'm always thinking of cool ideas and maybe becoming a writer, My best idea is a Bounty hunter who uses Two Magnums called Jericho Veil, She lives 100 years in the future where humans have mostly abandoned earth due to our misuse of the planet, She lives in the city of August Dawn the last city left on earth.

I'm a little out there with my ideas but this one is good :)
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Oooh I've seen a few movies come out recently (haven't actually -watched them, nor can I remember the names) that have theme's like that, Saiya, and they always really piqued my curiosity! Sadly I didn't see them because I didn't have any money and I don't know anyone from the cast of either to try and dig it up D: I might try eventually to see if I can google the full list of movies released in 2012 and 2013 to see if I can find out that way and rent em but I've been feeling a bit on the lazy side :lol: I really like the post-apocalyptic themes and despite how I'm really not into space-y things where it's all super futuristic and things live in a completely mechanical world with robots we command/drive for everyday living or world defense or what have you, those stories always got my interest. I've always been fascinated with what the world would look like a hundred years, five hundred, a thousand, ten thousand, hundreds of thousands of years after humankind so I'm all thumbs up for what you have in mind! :D

I've been rolling around trying to decide if I want to keep writing this derpy little story that is not stable in the least (aka I have no idea where I'm going with it and what it's about) as it is (still at the beginning so it's an easy change if I want to) and keep pairing my character with my friends character that I no longer RP with sadly (I really liked the romance we had in the RP between the two characters so I decided to write my own story in my own world with them as the main characters) or if I want to scrap my friend's character and rewrite what I've done of him so far as a different character. Like, I like my friend's character or else I wouldn't of ever started the story, but with the RP dead, so too is my story. I'm thinking of replacing him with someone from an anime but trying to decide which character and how much I'll need to edit so that the character fits snugly around what I've written so far. Which has made motivation to actually -do- it decrease but I'm not really keen on starting right from scratch. I like what I've written so far, I just want to replace my friend's character. :lol:

It's 7:30am, I'm wide awake and yet half asleep at the same time, I kinda want to work on my foam gauntlet but at the same time I am really tempted now to actually work on the story. But then I remember that I have english work to do and I'm like ffffffffff right now. My brain doesn't function at this time of morning.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Is it wrong that most of my wedding is being bought off the internet? Dress, bridesmaid dress and my shoes so far are all internet buys! And all are bargain prices! I see these shows where brides spend 10k on a dress....F that! Found my dream dress for $200! Why bother looking for months at stuff I hate when I can just buy what i love off the net!

Shadowlands

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Castile wrote:Is it wrong that most of my wedding is being bought off the internet? Dress, bridesmaid dress and my shoes so far are all internet buys! And all are bargain prices! I see these shows where brides spend 10k on a dress....F that! Found my dream dress for $200! Why bother looking for months at stuff I hate when I can just buy what i love off the net!
Definitely nothing wrong with getting everything online! I myself don't want an expensive wedding, just a stylish cosplay one :lol: I don't like diamonds (not a fan of the colors real ones come in or price tags), I don't like expensive stuff I'll very easily lose or never will use again so ontop of my dislike for anything made out of real gems or metals that I'm supposedly supposed to wear on a daily basis, I don't want to have a whole lot of clutter that we bought from a billion sources for a trillion dollars xD

I'll go out with my bridesmaids and buy a whole bunch of crafts and make the decorations myself! Real flowers can be for where people will actually spend time around for atmosphere. Some well placed streamers and cheap curtains we can paint murals on and some foam designs, fake flowers, everything else can go in all the other places ^___^ And a DJ will be super easy too, we just need to bring a few Imode's or other large (and inexpensive stereo's) and hook em up to play off a computer and done! We have our music :D

Outfit's won't be a problem since we'll all be dressed in our favorite cosplays xD

All that we'd probably drop a small fortune on would be for food since I do love me some restaurant catering :lol:

/dream wedding

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Shalyth wrote:
Castile wrote:Is it wrong that most of my wedding is being bought off the internet? Dress, bridesmaid dress and my shoes so far are all internet buys! And all are bargain prices! I see these shows where brides spend 10k on a dress....F that! Found my dream dress for $200! Why bother looking for months at stuff I hate when I can just buy what i love off the net!
Definitely nothing wrong with getting everything online! I myself don't want an expensive wedding, just a stylish cosplay one :lol: I don't like diamonds (not a fan of the colors real ones come in or price tags), I don't like expensive stuff I'll very easily lose or never will use again so ontop of my dislike for anything made out of real gems or metals that I'm supposedly supposed to wear on a daily basis, I don't want to have a whole lot of clutter that we bought from a billion sources for a trillion dollars xD

I'll go out with my bridesmaids and buy a whole bunch of crafts and make the decorations myself! Real flowers can be for where people will actually spend time around for atmosphere. Some well placed streamers and cheap curtains we can paint murals on and some foam designs, fake flowers, everything else can go in all the other places ^___^ And a DJ will be super easy too, we just need to bring a few Imode's or other large (and inexpensive stereo's) and hook em up to play off a computer and done! We have our music :D

Outfit's won't be a problem since we'll all be dressed in our favorite cosplays xD

All that we'd probably drop a small fortune on would be for food since I do love me some restaurant catering :lol:

/dream wedding
That all sounds fantastic! I was going to make my own centerpieces too! I love cherry blossoms but theres no way we could get real ones so fake blossoms and those branch lights (cheap from craft shops) in vases. The only real flowers will be in my boquet and my bridesmaids one (dusky pink and white roses with a few cherry blossom branches).

The bulk of the budget is going on a very nice venue that does all the linen and food etc. But yeah so far $200ish dress custom made from china, bridesmaid custom made china (160ish) and shoes from the UK (expensive! $200 including postage). A dream wedding is what you make it I think! :)

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Why does beer taste so good? <3
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'm going to therapy for only like the second time tomorrow. End goal is mostly to just get help, but also an ESA would be wonderful.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Shalyth wrote:

/dream wedding
I want my dress to be modeled after Lugia and I want my little brother to play Lugia's song on his Ocarina while I walk down the aisle :lol: Other than my dress which would have to be hand done (I have a friend who can do it so even then it won't be all that expensive) I hope to have a cheapish wedding :P

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Jurz wrote:
Shalyth wrote:

/dream wedding
I want my dress to be modeled after Lugia and I want my little brother to play Lugia's song on his Ocarina while I walk down the aisle :lol: Other than my dress which would have to be hand done (I have a friend who can do it so even then it won't be all that expensive) I hope to have a cheapish wedding :P
That would be awesome! Heeee I have no idea what pokemon I'd go as if I ever did a pokemon theme'd one. I might just stick to my OC, Shalyth or even go as far as to save up for a fursuit of Chimera made (which I would wear for conventions and stuff too) :lol:

Anyways~ I found myself in a conversation on another forum about people name changing and people naming their kids after characters from fandom's and I've always wanted to change my real name to something fitting, that being, Chimera. Chimera is an OC I made years ago to help me cope with life and he's not some character but is me fursonafied. I don't feel right being called anything but Shalyth, Rusco, or Chimera but for a fair while now I've really begun to cling to Chimera's name rather heavily when people acknowledge me. It's always been uncomfortable since I began to shun my real name to be called by it and I'm reeeeeaaaaally sick of hearing it cause it stresses me out. It's not me, it will never be me, and the pronunciation is not very nice on my ears.

It's just... ugh I don't know how to explain it (it's Grace btw). It starts really boldly and kinda just runs over a cliff all of a sudden with the softer pronounced letters. Like a sound that starts loud and fades a moment later and when you hear it being said a whole bunch of times in a short span it tends to remind me of barking. Or something. I have a terrible time explaining sounds lol. People also keep thinking when I tell them what it is that I'm saying 'Jace' or they'll ask me to repeat it a few more times. Least with Chimera people don't get it mixed up or ask me to repeat. I can say 'Chimera' more clearly without any confusion from the other person but I can say 'Grace' up to four, five times for a single person.

I decided tonight to look up how to go about legally changing my name and the process isn't all that clear but the costs laid out were a lot cheaper than I expected. I don't know if there's any fees lurking about I gotta pay extra for to people who need to be there but aren't actually part of the process (lawyers perhaps, I read that one needs to oversee the signing or something) but I really in the next couple years want to explore this process and perhaps have it changed to Chimera! It's an odd name yes but it's not offensive or off-putting. Just odd. There are a loooooooot worse names out there.

Ah, one day, one day. Maybe I can talk to my family when I'm a bit older about it since no doubt they won't treat me like an adult about this and I'll have to live with them bringing it up constantly till I actually go about making it happen for real.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

If there are health risks to eating too much salmon, I'm doomed. >.> I've eaten three fillets in two days. So tastyyyy. Pan-seared with mushrooms. It's so good. And I don't eat anything else now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

LupisDarkmoon wrote:If there are health risks to eating too much salmon, I'm doomed. >.> I've eaten three fillets in two days. So tastyyyy. Pan-seared with mushrooms. It's so good. And I don't eat anything else now.
Well eating too much of anything is bad for you ;) Mix it up with some other fish :lol:

Wish I could eat trout all the time but it's illegal to sell it you have to catch trout if you want to eat it XD

Tho knowing me the one seafood I'd die from over eating would be prawns :lol: Love those buggers.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Why am I suddenly thinking about "delta state" I haven't watched that show in like 10 years?!? It's on youtube??? YAY youtube!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I'm becoming addicted to Oh Henry bars since that's the one chocolate I have the most of right now. I ate all the Reese Pieces and the Hershey bars w/ almonds. *stuffs face full of them* I'm going to be so sad when I finish this, I've never had a chocolate craving this bad or this long before to my memory

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Why does time go faster when I want to sleep in and slower when I want to get to sleep? :lol: :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The man who invents a car that runs of people farts is the man who will rule the world.