What was the last movie you saw??

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Let's see what I can say about The Last Jedi without being too spoiler-y...I'm also older, went to see the original trilogy as a kid. One of my major dislikes of both recent movies is how derivative the plot was in certain places. But I like how this one is greyer, more complicated. I like the choices they made in both Luke and Rey's story arcs. I'm still ultimately dissatisfied with Ben Solo, although I think they did a better job with him than Anakin Skywalker. Star Wars-level evil is unexplainable, I think.

Also, vegetarian Chewbacca is awesome ;)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I did not like ah how to put it with out spoilers.... The scene where some people talk a "space walk" and only one is happy about the outcome? I still don't know how I feel about that scene.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I did not like ah how to put it with out spoilers.... The scene where some people talk a "space walk" and only one is happy about the outcome? I still don't know how I feel about that scene.
A lot of discussion on the whingepool about that scene and how it was just so...not right. Not realistic. Not well done. Just took them out of the moment.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

in theaters-> ready player one
right now chilling in bed-> insidious final chapter

signature by spiritbinder
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Deadpool 2 :mrgreen:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

We watched a great little Canadian sci-fi/suspense film called Radius.
Very much worth looking up. Well acted, logical, had a great twist to it, and it has its really creepy moments.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Last night we finally got to see Darren Aronovsky's "Mother" with Javier Bardem and Jennifer Lawrence.
I was a bit curious about the comments on Imdb, but after reading a few I decided the place was too toxic.

The film is brilliant, it's a masterpiece with some of the most powerful performances I've seen in years. It's brilliantly shot (with one fascinating camera "trick" that is used throughout as a means of creating cohesion in what COULD have been a very incoherent film), gorgeously edited, and the metaphors in it are... disturbing, and unsettling, and profoundly affecting.

If some rather extreme violence is enough to put you off from a movie, then avoid this one (Despite it being a masterpiece). Think "violence" in the same terms as Schindler's List. It actually has much of the same type of feeling as Spielberg's masterpiece, but rather than recount a horrible true story, it instead uses metaphor and allegory to comment on life and humanity.

Anyway, all that to say I absolutely loved this film. (but then I love everything so far that Aronovsky has done)

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Deep water horizon. .. more my hubbys kind of movie than mine heh.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I made the mistake of watching Interstellar on television. It was truly awful :lol:
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I did not like "Mother!", but I thought it was a very good movie. The constant overstepping of personal boundaries made me quite uncomfortable, especially the small infractions that just keep undermining you. Err, Jennifer's character. I did think Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job though, to the point where I'll give any movie she's in some consideration going forward.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Anyia wrote:I did not like "Mother!", but I thought it was a very good movie. The constant overstepping of personal boundaries made me quite uncomfortable, especially the small infractions that just keep undermining you. Err, Jennifer's character. I did think Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job though, to the point where I'll give any movie she's in some consideration going forward.
I believe that this discomfort was the purpose of the film.

once you understand what role she is playing, and why her boundaries are constantly being overstepped, it makes perfect sense. and it is absolutely heart-rending, one of the reasons the film left such a mark on me.

remember that none of the actors are actually playing "people" in a traditional sense. Jennifer Lawrence isn't a "person" in the film, but a concept made manifest.

"Step on no pets!"

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Watched another hubby movie. Guardians of the gualaxy 2. But now I finally get all the Mary Poppins memes. But bit too violent movie for me...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Bulletdance wrote:I made the mistake of watching Interstellar on television. It was truly awful :lol:
Oh noooo, I adore Interstellar! ...That said, I think I'd HATE watching it on TV. Ads would totally destroy the entire experience and with such a long movie I think it'd be agony.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Bulletdance wrote:I made the mistake of watching Interstellar on television. It was truly awful :lol:
Oh noooo, I adore Interstellar! ...That said, I think I'd HATE watching it on TV. Ads would totally destroy the entire experience and with such a long movie I think it'd be agony.
I loved Interstellar.
This despite absolutely loathing every other film Nolan has ever done, and seriously not being a fan of Matthew McConoghey nor Matt Damon.

I found it emotional and beautiful. Even if the science WAS a bit off, it tried.

Hell I even thought Hans Zimmer's soundtrack (I refuse to call it a "score".. it was sound effects, not music) fit the film beautifully.

Luckily, I have a 9' screen to watch the movie on. This is definitely one of those films I wouldn't watch on TV.

"Step on no pets!"

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sukurachi wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:
I loved Interstellar.
This despite absolutely loathing every other film Nolan has ever done, and seriously not being a fan of Matthew McConoghey nor Matt Damon.

I found it emotional and beautiful. Even if the science WAS a bit off, it tried.

Hell I even thought Hans Zimmer's soundtrack (I refuse to call it a "score".. it was sound effects, not music) fit the film beautifully.

Luckily, I have a 9' screen to watch the movie on. This is definitely one of those films I wouldn't watch on TV.
I did enjoy the music, it just felt a little too drawn out for me and I wasn't aware Matt Damon was in it until I saw him in the later part. I am not a fan of his at all so that was a let down. I'm excited about Jurrasic World Evolution that'll be my next movie.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bulletdance wrote:I did enjoy the music, it just felt a little too drawn out for me and I wasn't aware Matt Damon was in it until I saw him in the later part. I am not a fan of his at all so that was a let down. I'm excited about Jurrasic World Evolution that'll be my next movie.
I thought the next one was "Jurassic World: the Fallen Kingdom"?

"Step on no pets!"

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sukurachi wrote:
Bulletdance wrote:I did enjoy the music, it just felt a little too drawn out for me and I wasn't aware Matt Damon was in it until I saw him in the later part. I am not a fan of his at all so that was a let down. I'm excited about Jurrasic World Evolution that'll be my next movie.
I thought the next one was "Jurassic World: the Fallen Kingdom"?
:lol: You're right I've just got the game on my mind. I keep going back and forth about getting it. I'll prob wait for price drop the reviews have not been great.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

it's dinosaurs and explosions and volcanoes... I don't care about the reviews! I wanna see it.
even if it's awful, I'll love it.

"Step on no pets!"

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sukurachi wrote:it's dinosaurs and explosions and volcanoes... I don't care about the reviews! I wanna see it.
even if it's awful, I'll love it.
Me too I can't wait for the movie! I meant Jurrasic Park Evolution the game is getting bad reviews. I got their names mixed up before. It's a game where you build your own park, but everyone says it's really hard because your employees sabotage you and then a lot of tourists get eaten :lol:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bulletdance wrote:...and then a lot of tourists get eaten :lol:
wait, I'm not seeing the downside...
am I missing something?

:lol:

"Step on no pets!"