What was the last movie you saw??

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Sukurachi »

cowmuflage wrote:Stargate. Because NZ just got our first ever Scfi channel and it was on and it's boss and I'm pretty sad and it always makes me happy. Gotta love space Ra.
I'm sad they never got to make the projected two sequels to the first Stargate film.
I disliked the TV show very much.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Guys, I'm telling you all to go see Interstellar. I promise it's worth it.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I was just told to watch Interstellar. I was also told that I could NOT look up anything about the movie- and that doing so would ruin the entire thing.

Very intriguing. I'll have to check it out.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The Dead lands.

If you have a chance to see it see it! It's a Maori action movie set before white people showed up and it's 100% in Maori with subtitles and it's friken badass. Like I'm shocked there are not more Maori action movies because they are a warrior people and perfect for that kind of thing XD
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I saw "The Fault in our Stars" on a plane - big mistake. Wanted to bawl like a small child but couldn't cause there was 300 ppl around me lol. I also saw "The Guardiens of the Galaxy" coming back and it was great! Wasn't the best thing ever like others made out (I like The Avengers better tbh) but pretty awesome all the same :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:I disliked the TV show [Stargate] very much.
Woah! Not dissing your opinion or anything but your like the first person i've ever seen say that!! :o

Shadowlands

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Castile wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:I disliked the TV show [Stargate] very much.
Woah! Not dissing your opinion or anything but your like the first person i've ever seen say that!! :o
I know I'm definitely not the first person to say it, however.
I personally know very few people, given the choice between the original concept of a trilogy of films, or just the first film plus the TV show, who would choose the television show.

Anyway, I FINALLY got to see Maleficent this weekend when my husband came home (I promised I would not watch it while he was away...and that was the hardest promise I've had to make in a while!!).

We both loved it. Totally.

I'll be seeing Interstellar this week (I have to go into town for a doctor's appointment anyway).
And I'm sure some will be "shocked" at this statement, but....

I WAS originally looking forward to the movie, despite not actually being a fan of any of this director's films. I was hugely turned off when I realized who was writing the music, since it's a composer I despise. Then when I knew it was with Matthew McConaughey, I started questioning whether I'd even bother with seeing the movie in a theatre (he's an actor I have a lot of trouble tolerating).

But despite all this, I WILL keep an open mind. I'm hoping I will still be able to enjoy the film. I love sci-fi films, books, anything. I'm just so rarely satisfied with the result when directors bite off more than they can chew, which seems to be one of the biggest problems with most "serious" sci-fi films.

So Wednesday evening I'll know where I stand on this film.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

BIG HERO SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no words that can describe!

Baymax <3

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I saw Interstellar today.
It wasn't what I was expecting... and in a good way.
I enjoyed it thoroughly, with a few minor reservations.

"Step on no pets!"

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Atlantic rim. Sure was a movie with robots in it.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Okay, not a movie, but... I just finished watching the first season of the anime Sword Art Online, and am very impressed. The starting premise is that it's a full immersion fantasy MMO, whereupon launch the creator ups the ante by disabling the logout and having the neural game interface fry your brain if you die in-game. The main protagonist is a beta player who didn't have any idea about the launch "incident", but the rest of the server population is not so kind in its assessment. From there however, a first-rate story unfolds with some expected twists, and some not so expected. As someone who's literally spent years in games/MMOs, I found it to be exceptionally well made, surprisingly believable, and the final showdown was one of the most intense anime moments I've watched to date! Right up there with Guts' and Griffith's second duel in the Berserk series. So yeah, I totally recommend this one!
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Anyia wrote:Okay, not a movie, but... I just finished watching the first season of the anime Sword Art Online, and am very impressed. The starting premise is that it's a full immersion fantasy MMO, whereupon launch the creator ups the ante by disabling the logout and having the neural game interface fry your brain if you die in-game. The main protagonist is a beta player who didn't have any idea about the launch "incident", but the rest of the server population is not so kind in its assessment. From there however, a first-rate story unfolds with some expected twists, and some not so expected. As someone who's literally spent years in games/MMOs, I found it to be exceptionally well made, surprisingly believable, and the final showdown was one of the most intense anime moments I've watched to date! Right up there with Guts' and Griffith's second duel in the Berserk series. So yeah, I totally recommend this one!
I enjoyed the first six or seven episodes of this anime a lot but found it went so far downhill when it only started to focus on the love story. :/ It's like they forgot what the story was... And I'm not even going to speak about the second season. I thought it would've been such a fantastic idea if they'd scrapped the tacky love story.

I have however been watching the Legend of Korra recently and I'm REALLY enjoying that. I'm on the third season now and it's brilliant! I think I must just prefer Western animation to proper anime though as I always get so nitpicky with every anime I watch these days, there's always *something* that bothers me and I always find the endings really let me down.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I really disliked Legend of Korra. I had to stop watching half way into the 2nd season it was so bad >.> The villian for the first season was build up so great and they watsted him with that ending. Don't even get me started on Korra herself Ugh XD

The only good thing I could say Legend of Korra has is it's animation and that's about it :S
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Just come back from Mockingjay Part 1. Was mediocre at best. Such a shame as I really enjoyed the first two. It had it's moments though and the ending did leave me wanting to see the rest.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Snowy wrote:
Anyia wrote:Okay, not a movie, but... I just finished watching the first season of the anime Sword Art Online, and am very impressed. The starting premise is that it's a full immersion fantasy MMO, whereupon launch the creator ups the ante by disabling the logout and having the neural game interface fry your brain if you die in-game. The main protagonist is a beta player who didn't have any idea about the launch "incident", but the rest of the server population is not so kind in its assessment. From there however, a first-rate story unfolds with some expected twists, and some not so expected. As someone who's literally spent years in games/MMOs, I found it to be exceptionally well made, surprisingly believable, and the final showdown was one of the most intense anime moments I've watched to date! Right up there with Guts' and Griffith's second duel in the Berserk series. So yeah, I totally recommend this one!
I enjoyed the first six or seven episodes of this anime a lot but found it went so far downhill when it only started to focus on the love story. :/ It's like they forgot what the story was... And I'm not even going to speak about the second season. I thought it would've been such a fantastic idea if they'd scrapped the tacky love story.

I have however been watching the Legend of Korra recently and I'm REALLY enjoying that. I'm on the third season now and it's brilliant! I think I must just prefer Western animation to proper anime though as I always get so nitpicky with every anime I watch these days, there's always *something* that bothers me and I always find the endings really let me down.
I love SAO especially the first season but the second 'part' (as technically SAO II is totally different) was a let down as Snowy said. It was ok...but having a main character basically MIA most of it was ergh. ( we well knew where they were but yeah you get it)

Kinda meh about korra. I'm with Cow in the respect I didn't really like her as a character that much and I was actually more interested to see what happened to the original characters from Airbender. I think i got to the third season or so before I lost interest...

On the subject of Anime tho...I just finished watching Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha first two series and wow this was an awesome series that took me by surprise! I'm not so sure about StrikerS yet but I liked how it starts out cute but then she gets rather serious about her powers. The talking weapons are also really cool. I tried to watch Naruto because my husband is really into it but im intimitaded by the fact its got almost 400 eps!!! (i think they up to 380 something atm) Maybe one day :)

Shadowlands

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Another day where I had the long haul into the city, BUT I got to see a movie, and for free no less! (the projector went blank all of a sudden halfway through the film. they started it back up about 5 minutes alter, and we got to see the whole movie, just that short interruption, and they gave us passes to compensate, so free movie. Yay!)

Anyhoo...
I saw Hunger Games: Mockinjay Part 1 and absolutely loved it.
It REALLY sets up the coming civil war well, and most importantly it gave us time to see how and why Katniss goes from not wanting to be involved to leading the rebellion. I thought it was really well done. My only very minor gripe was a few spots with a bit too much "shaky cam" for my taste. It wasn't really necessary and didn't really bring anything to the scenes in question. Otherwise, great special effects, good solid acting, and very emotionally powerful.

"Step on no pets!"

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Saw Mokingjay part 1. Customers said it was amazing. It was good, yeah, but I see it as a filler movie. A movie they made so they can make even more money, like the Hobbit movies. Don't get me wrong, I like the movies and I LOVE Smaug, but 3 movies for a very short book? when he made one movie for each of the original Lord of the Rings books which are longer than the Hobbit. This whole splitting up a relatively short story into multiple parts for more money is getting rather irritating, especially when they add stuff or make it feel slow (I hate nothing more than slow parts of a movie...) but it's now a trend that will never end. Why? cuz people throw their money at it

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jurz wrote:Saw Mokingjay part 1. Customers said it was amazing. It was good, yeah, but I see it as a filler movie. A movie they made so they can make even more money, like the Hobbit movies. Don't get me wrong, I like the movies and I LOVE Smaug, but 3 movies for a very short book? when he made one movie for each of the original Lord of the Rings books which are longer than the Hobbit. This whole splitting up a relatively short story into multiple parts for more money is getting rather irritating, especially when they add stuff or make it feel slow (I hate nothing more than slow parts of a movie...) but it's now a trend that will never end. Why? cuz people throw their money at it
Thank you for saying it. I've been thinking it for ages. I do really, really enjoy both the Hunger Games and Hobbit movies a lot, but splitting them up like they're doing and making a 'part 1' for Mockingjay was completely unnecessary and was only made to milk the series for as long as they can. Mockingjay could've very easily been made one hour and a half movie.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The Hobbit could of even of just been 1 movie. It's not like there is that much in the book XD
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The reason they have material for more movies in Hobbit is that they are including material NOT in the Hobbit. They are using a ton of material from the appendices.

As for Hunger Games, the cutting into two parts felt perfectly justifiable considering the events and the character development that was needed. had they made 1 film only, everyone would be complaining that the film was too rushed and that there was no reason for the protagonist's transformation.

"Step on no pets!"