What was the last movie you saw??

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Sukurachi »

--
Last edited by Sukurachi on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I just want to stem this before it gets too far off topic. This was meant to be a fun thread, so I'm going to ask that you please don't get bogged down with the criticism of one particular movie, as I can see that happening and things turning nasty. I won't be seeing that movie, either, for the same reasons, but I didn't want to taint this particular thread with that.

But more importantly, please do not start criticizing posters directly, based on their movie choices. Keep it fun.
And very soon I will be starting to watch the old TV series "Carnivale". I got the two complete seasons for dirt cheap.
I truly love that series, but be prepared for some things to be left hanging. It was originally conceived as the first third of a six-season plot but their funding was cut. Some things are resolved, though. Don't let that stop you watching it, though. It's a truly amazing and unique piece of work. If I had to choose any axed tv series to be magically renewed, it would be this one.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Well...I don't have to pay to see movies in theaters so even though I saw the movie he didn't get any money from me but...I didn't want to get into that...

Anyway, plowing through season 2 of Digimon for the first time in like 10yrs :lol: not a movie but TV series are like a bunch of mini movies so whateves

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nahale »

Last edited by Nahale on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Watched "the vampire's assistant" with a friend on halloween. I'd read the books a long time ago, but had never gotten around to seeing the movie. It wasn't to bad, but I found like most movies based off of books, they spend far to much time on the fight scenes and skip far to much on the plot/story. But it was a pretty good movie all in all. I wish they would have continued with the series, but like the last airbender, it didn't do to well in theaters (last air bender suffered greatly from the lack of sticking to the story/characters)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Saw Thor 2 yesterday. Overall was a good movie but I really can't stand Marvels take on Loki and the movie version I really can't stand XD

The Dark elves where neato in it tho.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I watched the movie Hollow Man on TV. Never seen it before but I like Kevin Bacon a lot. I'm going to see Thor 2 on Friday. I CANT WAIT. Loki is my favorite comic character EVER and Tom Hiddleston is my favorite actor ever. I'm SO EXCITED.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:Saw Thor 2 yesterday. Overall was a good movie but I really can't stand Marvels take on Loki and the movie version I really can't stand XD

*Spoilers (kinda) for Thor 2 ahead be warned!!*

I saw it too and like you I really don't like Loki's character but I really wanted to in this film! I was like "yeah hes done something good!" and then its like "naw you're still a bastard" at the end lol!

Also I had no idea the elf was Christopher Eccelson (sp?) until the credits! Totally didn't pick it, and I guess thats something good cause then you spend the whole film thinking "wheres that guy from! Omg i must know..."

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah my mum was like "that was him playing that guy?! I had no clue!"
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Been so long I saw a movie but I think it was that one with these zombies and one had feelings for a human girl wish I remembered what it was but maybe one of you guys knows what I am talking about. Next year my girlfriend comes to see me and I know we will be watching movies while snuggling on the couch.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Crestonwolf73 wrote:Been so long I saw a movie but I think it was that one with these zombies and one had feelings for a human girl wish I remembered what it was but maybe one of you guys knows what I am talking about. Next year my girlfriend comes to see me and I know we will be watching movies while snuggling on the couch.
Warm Bodies.

Loved it.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Just saw Free Birds. Cute. Funny. Not much else to say about it though.

Thor 2 came out tonight :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. I did not know Jesus knew Kung fu.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just finished watching White House Down.

People trash talk Rolland Emmerich's movies, but damn, the guy knows how to use a camera.

And one thing I truly appreciate about his movies... he starts out pointing a big stick at all of America's faults, yet always finishes his films with some sort of hopeful wish for a better country, for the return of the true values the Constitution represents.

Oh, and yes, White house Down is NOT an Oscar-worthy drama.. it's a big, loud, *'slosions!!*, balls-to-the-ground, no-brainer. And in NO way does it take itself seriously. I enjoyed it much more than the other film with more or less the same topic: Olympus Has Fallen (which I didn't hate, I just thought WHD was more "fun").

"Step on no pets!"

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

cowmuflage wrote:Saw Thor 2 yesterday. Overall was a good movie but I really can't stand Marvels take on Loki and the movie version I really can't stand XD

Same... I haven't liked Marvel's take on Loki since I read the comics in the 70s. Guess they had to make someone the bad guy.

Also don't like how in this iteration, Asgard people aren't supposed to be gods, yet still call us earthlings "mortals". Odin leads the Wild Hunt, on a flying six-legged horse for crying out loud.

As an action movie with lots of special effects it was great, though. Floating water effects are looking slightly better than in The Abyss.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saw Thor 2 and Tom....tom...oh my Tom....x3 I've become enamored with him(I blame some of you petopians....xD) and he did a fantastic job with Loki! Really nailed him as he is in the comics and in mythical lore. The movie was fantastic!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Battle Royal. It's no where near as good as the book or the comic but it's still one of the best "teens being forced to kill each other for tv" movies out there. I like it more then the Hunger games. But the running man is also a good movie in the same style.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

cowmuflage wrote:Battle Royal. It's no where near as good as the book or the comic but it's still one of the best "teens being forced to kill each other for tv" movies out there.
I was pleasantly surprised by BR! While the premise made no sense whatsoever, the execution (hah!) of it was very good I thought. Maybe anime has conditioned me to like watching Japanese girls with unlikely weapons... :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:Battle Royal. It's no where near as good as the book or the comic but it's still one of the best "teens being forced to kill each other for tv" movies out there. I like it more then the Hunger games. But the running man is also a good movie in the same style.
When Hunger Games was first published there were lots of "lol its just BR clone" comments on it. I love Battle Royale and I didn't mind Hunger Games when I eventually watched it but I do feel its abit of rip off. I know there are only so many stories in the world but really....so similuar.

Haven't seen too many movies since Thor 2 but I bought the new Baz L version of The Great Gatsby on blu ray and am watching some old school anime I bought recently: Martian Successor Nadesico and Revalutionary Girl Utena. Also watching series 2 of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding - just so good!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

If you mean in a theater believe it or not, the last one I saw was ET. I haven't set foot in a theater since. Not because of the movie, which I loved, but because I prefer watching in the comfort of my own chair or bed with my much lower priced drinks and snacks and without the idiots who get up and walk in front of you or yell, laugh, and cheer (or boo) just when you want to hear a piece of dialogue. DVD's and Blu-Ray are the best but I also prefer watching them when they come to cable or network, commercials and all, than in a theater.

Watching at home, from disk, I guess the latest one was the last Pirates Of The Caribbean. If the cheesy Sy-Fy network movies count, then it was one of those. There was one on last night about vampire fish in the Bering Sea. Next up is one called Stonenados which will probably be even worse than Sharknado was. :D . I basically watch them to laugh at them.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.