What was the last movie you saw??

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Zarai wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:We should of watched Die Hard because evil German terrorist Professor Snape is awesome but no you wanted to watch the 5th one because it's the new one >.> It was bad. Uh yup.
SNAPE <3 Oh Allen I love you. I don't know why I just do.

He's my fave part of that movie. He makes a very good badguy.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

cowmuflage wrote:He's my fave part of that movie. He makes a very good badguy.
I saw him in this in 1983 and thought to myself, "This guy will be very successful if he does nothing but play villains for the rest of his career..."

Thankfully, that's not all he's done.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Cockneys VS Zombies. I went in thinking it was going to be bad and found it to be pretty funny! Love the scene with the football players :lol:
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I saw About Time. It wasn't showing at the theater I work at so I had to go to a different theater >< First time I've payed for a movie in almost a year but IT WAS SO WORTH IT!! Amazing movie :)

I saw most of Bestman Holiday (was about 30mins late to it x.x I hate being late to movies) good movie. made me cry...many times... :lol: I'm such a big baby :P

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just watched The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, and I was so impressed!

Truthfully I was only watching it because of Mads Mikkelsen, so I went in with zero expectations, but it was really, really good. :)
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Vephriel wrote:Truthfully I was only watching it because of Mads Mikkelsen
If you like Mads Mikkelsen, have you seen Valhalla Rising? And if so, what did you think of it?

After the second watching I think I'm firmly on the side of liking it, but it was so not what I was expecting the first time I saw it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Anyia wrote:
If you like Mads Mikkelsen, have you seen Valhalla Rising? And if so, what did you think of it?

After the second watching I think I'm firmly on the side of liking it, but it was so not what I was expecting the first time I saw it.
Ahh yes, I have seen that! :) I thought it was fairly good. I've watched a lot of his movies, and I'm usually surprised by how good most of them are.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:
Anyia wrote:

Ahh yes, I have seen that! :) I thought it was fairly good. I've watched a lot of his movies, and I'm usually surprised by how good most of them are.
Well on the subject of viking movies I saw one and it was about vikings fighting aliens. Outlander I think it was called. It was pretty good. It's worth a watch at least.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Watched The Secret of Kells for the first time today! And WOW WOAH DANG THAT ANIMATION THAT STORY THAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT THAT EVERYTHING
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Watched "The Sapphires" last night and what a uplifting movie! I love true stories with a happy ending...not like "Red Dog" cried in the cinema at the end of that one :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just got back from Catching Fire. Really enjoyed it. Much was as I imagined from the book.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Uh all 3 Mad Max movies. Think I've had enough biker Aussies for a long time :lol:
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Wain wrote:Just got back from Catching Fire. Really enjoyed it. Much was as I imagined from the book.
I saw this yesterday too!
I really enjoyed it too. A few things were altered/omitted in the film for the sake of story progression but otherwise it follows the book pretty damn well I think!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Saw the new Thor last night. I found the romances to be annoying, forced and really just kind of in the way, but then I tend to feel that way about most romances. >.> Thor himself didn't exactly shock me, but I suspect his character is supposed to be super ridiculously archetypal, and isn't supposed to exactly break the rules and be fantastically interesting. Jane was... ugh. I really wanted to like her. But the way her world revolved around Thor made me pretty iffy about her- especially how she apparently got handed the idiot ball as soon as she got near Thor. Nothing new there, oh well.

...Really, I have to say, Loki (and the /fantastic/ graphic effects) made the movie awesome. Without him, it would have been a kind of teeth-grinding but exciting action flick. But he added a sorely needed bit of humor and emotion, and was delightfully wicked and cunning. And, well, predictable as all get-out, but I think I'm just wayyyy too used to that kind of character. Still, a very refreshing character, very fun- and I absolutely loved how he wasn't Super Evil Villain in this movie. I feel like he makes a better side-villain than a main villain- he needs attention to be off of him to really shine. Plus I don't like it when villains are just tossed in jail/unceremoniously killed. >.>

Overall, good movie, loved it. But I'll only remember it for Loki- and I'm not even a bigtime Loki/Tom Hiddleston fan.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I want to see Catching Fire but I worked the premier and I worked ALL DAY yesterday >> I wanna see it today but my bf told me I wasn't allowed to plan anything on my birthday. It sold out in all 4 theaters that it was in last night while I was working o.o each of our theaters holds 180 people. It was so busy for our little hole in the wall movie theater T.T

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Saw the new Thor last night. I found the romances to be annoying, forced and really just kind of in the way, but then I tend to feel that way about most romances. >.> Thor himself didn't exactly shock me, but I suspect his character is supposed to be super ridiculously archetypal, and isn't supposed to exactly break the rules and be fantastically interesting. Jane was... ugh. I really wanted to like her. But the way her world revolved around Thor made me pretty iffy about her- especially how she apparently got handed the idiot ball as soon as she got near Thor. Nothing new there, oh well.

...Really, I have to say, Loki (and the /fantastic/ graphic effects) made the movie awesome. Without him, it would have been a kind of teeth-grinding but exciting action flick. But he added a sorely needed bit of humor and emotion, and was delightfully wicked and cunning. And, well, predictable as all get-out, but I think I'm just wayyyy too used to that kind of character. Still, a very refreshing character, very fun- and I absolutely loved how he wasn't Super Evil Villain in this movie. I feel like he makes a better side-villain than a main villain- he needs attention to be off of him to really shine. Plus I don't like it when villains are just tossed in jail/unceremoniously killed. >.>

Overall, good movie, loved it. But I'll only remember it for Loki- and I'm not even a bigtime Loki/Tom Hiddleston fan.
Loki and Darcy were my favorite parts. I love Loki as a character and Tom Hiddleston is like my favorite actor ever. I find Kat Dennings, who played Darcy, to be very humorous.She's kinda dry and witty and I like that. I actually liked her little "romance" with the intern because it didn't feel forced. It felt very spontaneous and I would have laughed if at the end she said "I love you intern." much to his dismay that she STILL couldn't remember his name. Jane has always annoyed me and Thor is well.. Thor.

I believe Tom Hiddleston can capture Loki's character so well it isn't even funny. You can see just the pure joy and excitement on his face when he's flying the ship. He's being mischievous again and that's what he feels as right. Even in his grief he performs so well. He was my favorite character too, he pretty much always will be. I feel he really understands his character and that's important. :)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I foudn Loki to be the worst part of that movie :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

just watched Komodo vs Cobra

sooo bad :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:just watched Komodo vs Cobra

sooo bad :P
That one was pretty so bad it's funny :lol:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

cowmuflage wrote:I foudn Loki to be the worst part of that movie :lol:
Heh, I've never really been into comic books/comic book characters, so I don't really know much about the other incarnations of Loki- so I don't really have other versions of him to judge him against. I suspect, if I was attached to a different one, I wouldn't like this Loki much either, seeing as I feel that way about Dr. Who. But as a character I'm pretty fond of this Loki. So far. Well, okay, in this particular movie. I don't think I would have liked him in the first Thor/Avengers.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!