Ok need girl help lol

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Ok need girl help lol

Unread post by Redith »

So I just completed a second date with a girl I like, but I can't read her. Should I just keep going on dates until her feelings are clear, or is it wrong to ask if she has feelings at all for me or are we just friends hanging out?
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Ok need girl help lol

Unread post by Syleye »

Oh boy, that depends on so much, like how long have you known her, were you friends before etc...if not long and no are the answers then I would say 2 dates is a little soon to be asking that particular question.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I agree with Syleye. If you've only known her a little while definitely too soon. However, in my opinion, even if you have known her as friends a while date two is too soon to worry about feelings. Dates four and five, maybe even six and then start thinking about asking her to pony up on the feelings.
But that's my opinion

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Redith wrote:So I just completed a second date with a girl I like, but I can't read her. Should I just keep going on dates until her feelings are clear, or is it wrong to ask if she has feelings at all for me or are we just friends hanging out?
That's what a relationship is: a long string of perpetual "dates".

As you spend time with someone, you get to know them better.
This early in your relationship, you can't really know whether or not you have feelings for them - you barely know them.
As you will get to know her, you'll see more of her, her good sides, her bad sides, and from there you'll know if this is really someone you can have feelings for and work on a healthy relationship with.

Go on more dates. if she also wants to go on more dates, well, there's obviously SOME interest there.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

zedxrgal wrote:I agree with Syleye. If you've only known her a little while definitely too soon. However, in my opinion, even if you have known her as friends a while date two is too soon to worry about feelings. Dates four and five, maybe even six and then start thinking about asking her to pony up on the feelings.
But that's my opinion
This.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Also, don't think of them as 'dates'. Just do stuff together. No obligation. If there's one thing I find INCREDIBLY offputting and angering, it's the idea of 'I've spent X number of dates on you, can we sleep together now?' Your prospective girlfriend isn't a prize to be won after x number of expenditures. It's not a rep grind for two weeks and you earn a new mount (hur hur).

Building a complete relationship can take years. -YEARS-. You should be best friends first and maybe, only maybe, THEN it may become something more.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

This is all true but he also shouldn't hope for something that may never happen. That being said, I'd say date her a few more times. Then maybe ask if she has any feelings for you. I say this, and hope I don't get flack, because I had a friend who repeatedly went out with a girl to dinners and movies and all sorts of romantic type dates. He thought it meant something more when in reality to her, he was just a free meal ticket to do what she wanted because she wasn't interested. I'm not saying your girl you're seeing is like that, all I'm saying is when the time is right to correctly define what your relationship is you'll know. You will need to both decide what you want out of the relationship you're building, whether that be romantic or just friends.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The above statement by Glain is the exact reason why in modern times guys and gals should either go dutch (both pay their portion) or one date he pays the next she does.
That'll determine real quick what she's in it for.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!