Robin Williams passes at age 63

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Robin Williams passes at age 63

Unread post by Sukurachi »

"Live your life in such a way that the WBC will picket your funeral".

Robin Williams lived such a life, and our lives are the richer for it.
I didn't like everything he did, all the roles he played, but I admired his astounding comedic genius.
And I admired his ability to take on serious acting roles.
One of my favourite films is "What Dreams May Come", and I can only hope that he isn't trapped in the same predicament as the character of his wife in that film. I wish him a beautiful painting, full of light, and colour, and love.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Lupen202 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 ... lp00000592

I have never hated a group of people so much. It really hits hard, when a lot of people are still hurt by his death. I've know the vile, truly horrific things they've said and done in the past already, whether targeted at men & women serving our country, the LGBT community or people of other religions... but some of the things they do still shocks me sometimes.
I don't understand them at all. So because he played a gay man he is a "fag pimp" even though he wasn't actually gay himself? Although their entire believe system defies christian logic I just don't get these ppl. Atleast a cult has a goal of going to space or what not - these ppl just seem to hate for hate sakes.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am not sure they are that law abiding judging by the behavior witnessed here...just my 2 cents

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They're staying within the proper range by law or something(like a certain amount of feet away from the vicinity). I'd have to ask my fiance since he's got an associates in criminal justice.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

They were pushing and shoving people video taping them here, pretty sure that's illegal.

* I guess it really doesn't matter and we are giving them far more thought then they are worth, miserable waste of flesh. Back on track to honoring one of the most influential actors of our era

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i dont understand tho, he loved what he was doing, but managed to get depression? such a fun life tho?

- ecxuse my autism, i dont understand much in life - >.<
Last edited by Divixon on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's very easy to wear a mask and pretend you are happy on the outside while suffering on the inside. He has a history of drug addictions too.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Ziroth wrote:i dont understand tho, he loved what he was doing, but managed to get depression? such a fun life tho?
Depression isn't an illness you catch- it's something you're born with, and it makes you feel worthless and hate yourself no matter what kind of life you live. You could be the richest, most loved person in the world and still consider yourself a waste of space.

That's the real kicker about depression, it doesn't care who you are or what your situation is. If you've got depression, it just eats you alive until you get lots of help.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

And his recent diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease really didn't help the issue, either, considering that Parkinson's can, apparently, either trigger depression or worsen existing depression. He'd fought depression for years, he'd fought addiction for years...but my theory is that the Parkinson's and its effect on him is what tipped the balance.

Gods, but he's going to be missed.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

My Grandma has Parkinson's and the drugs they give you are really good nowadays. You can't even really tell she has it.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The issue with Parkinson's is that some patients do not respond to the current medications or treatments on the market. By what I've read his diagnosis was very very recent so couple that with already battling depression and it became more then he could take. His brain was probably so overwhelmed, neurons firing so intensely and rapidly he honestly may not have realized what he was doing.
That's all speculation of course but I am willing to suspect I am right on the money.

Michael J Fox who was close friends with Robin didn't even know he had PD till his grieved wife released the statement to the public.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Depression isn't an illness you catch- it's something you're born with, and it makes you feel worthless and hate yourself no matter what kind of life you live. You could be the richest, most loved person in the world and still consider yourself a waste of space.

That's the real kicker about depression, it doesn't care who you are or what your situation is. If you've got depression, it just eats you alive until you get lots of help.
this! my husband sufferes from maniodepressions... its such a horrid thing to have because ppl cant really see your ill but i swear that sometimes he is worst off than i am... its a horrid thing to have stuff in your mind you cant control..

its a lack of some enzyms in the brains which often causes depressions and sometimes.. and only sometimes it can be just a little bit better with medicine

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

People should not take hard drugs and people with depression really should not. :/
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

The only way to become stable with depression though if you're at breaking point is to do a mix of anti-depressants and therapy/counselling/etc. though. Nothing can cure depression, nor can anything control it. It isn't something medicine or people can fix. Both options, people and medicine, only make it so you can function, which depression prevents. You can't function if your depressed.

Anti-depressants change the physical way your brain works because it is a physical illness, just like anxiety and schizophrenia and every other "mental" illness out there since it's all based on chemical balance and the medicine you take to change that balance so your brain can work like a normal person is essential for people with mental illness to be able to stabilize themselves to a point where they can wean off it.

I was fighting the breaking point for years before I finally gave in and started taking medicine for it and a year later I was able to wean off it and my life has completely changed for me and I haven't been depressed anywhere near the extent I was since late March now. The medicine and the human help only works so much though since it only makes you function. It doesn't, again, cure or fix you. It's up to you once you're able to function again to work your way to a state where you can finally handle it. Sometimes you can't do that without the medicine, or the human help, or both.

Some people, and not via addiction or overdose of the medicine, or any other negative reason, just cannot wean themselves off some form of help or all forms of help because their brains are just that screwed up and/or they've been through so much trauma that has left irreversible effects on them such as a certain way of thinking that they can't pull away from or chemical inbalance that's far too much for them to even slightly function without assistance.

Robin Williams obviously had numerous reasons both physically and mentally that affected his brain chemistry far beyond the breaking point, so much so that not even, since they are not, to repeat again cause people keep thinking they are cures or fixes, medical and/or human assistance couldn't support him enough to allow him to turn things around.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

His last movie he did, comes out on Dec 19th.

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2692250/
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!