WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post subject: Re: A Cancer Journal
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:58 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
I know. Chin up though. I mean. A concrete diagnosis is GOOD. I know you've already been through so much w/current cancer treatments but if this is leukemia then ................................ that can be treated too! And more importantly is curable in adults. It's rough but try to keep that in mind? :hug:

Below signature & avatar created by Serenith
My FR Lair!

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:07 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Greymane, Rexxar, Staghelm, & Nesingwary
I am happy to announce that I DO NOT have leukemia!!! Woot woot!

My biopsy (most PAINFUL thing I've ever experienced ... I do not recommend) was negative and it looks like my WBC is slowly coming back down. All other blood tests looked really good too! My hematologist/oncologist is going to monitor me again in 8-9 months just to make sure but otherwise she feels pretty confident about the situation.

She did inform me about some abnormality with my thyroid counts and a recent ultrasound had shown enlarged lymph nodes (again) in my neck. My endocrinologist doesn't seem too alarmed atm ... I guess which is good. He's pretty diligent at informing me if something looks off or worrisome. I haven't had the CAT scan yet. I think he ordered for it to be done sometime in May/June.

On a happier note, my chronic pain and fatigue has ebbed enough for me to enjoy basic activities again. Also, my hair has ceased to shed by the pound! I'm finally able to emit some level of confidence when out in public. I feel almost normal again ~ which is a small miracle in itself! My depression has also improved immensely these past few weeks. I certainly don't feel all doom & gloom like I was a couple of months ago! If this continues and all looks good from a remission standpoint, I am contemplating returning to work again on a part time basis.

Thanks for sticking with me Petopians! Happy Hunting!

Avatars & Signatures created by the phenomenally talented Sookie, Serenith, & Kurenio

Last edited by Niabi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am 

Realm: Shadowsong
yay so happy for you! *hugs*

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:21 am 

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Realm: Azol-Nerub
YAY soo happy for you!!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm 

Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
That's awesome news Niabi. :hug: I'm so happy to read you're doing better.

Below signature & avatar created by Serenith
My FR Lair!

Unread postPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 pm 

Realm: US - Ysera
I almost never visit the off-topic forum, so I've somehow missed this thread. I read all of it though, and all I can say is that it must take an amazingly strong person to go through all you've been through. I'm so sorry it's been such a struggle, but thankfully it sounds like things are finally looking up. And you never have to apologize to us for anything! Keep working on getting better, and keep us posted! :hug:

Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)

Dragon Cave!

Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Greymane, Rexxar, Staghelm, & Nesingwary
Awe, thanks everyone!

I'll let you know a little secret ... not having a thyroid makes you feel like an irrational loon! I'm still not balanced on my medications but this is the closest I've been to feeling "normal" since the surgery. The leukemia scare I had was some extra fun thrown into the mix along the way :lol:

The chronic pain and fatigue I'm experiencing hasn't improved any and getting my doctors to acknowledge that these are persistent, everyday symptoms has been challenging. Normally, most patients would/should feel better by now but I am completely bed-ridden on my worst days. I do have good days but it's kind of like my body is on an internal timer; the more I do the faster the timer runs down. I've been hesitant to return to work for this reason. I can't seem to keep up a normal pace (consistently) anymore, both physically and mentally. Disability doesn't want to pay up because they don't/won't acknowledge everything I've been through ... and am still going through ... to warrant the receival of benefits, so I'm waiting for a date to be set so I can appeal my case in court.

Avatars & Signatures created by the phenomenally talented Sookie, Serenith, & Kurenio