Anyone know what's up with Photobucket?

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Anyone know what's up with Photobucket?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Photobucket isn't working for me for some reason it keeps saying to update and something about third party hosting. All my stuff is there it's just not showing it. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a way to fix it? I contacted them, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to help out. :roll:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Anyone know what's up with Photobucket?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I see I too am having that problem and now currently don't have a sig. -_- I've had that account for years and years, I'd be pissed if I had to start paying for it just so I can show off signatures. And moving all those files to another host would be such a huge pain.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

From the images in your signatures, it looks like they may have implement 3rd party embed image usage limit for the accounts. I would think a forum would eat that up pretty quickly since it has to pull the image every time a user loads a page. :(

From their terms page (http://photobucket.com/terms):

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That's freaking lame. I don't want to have to pay to have a signature show up here. /sigh And I was using it for the draco stuff too. Time to find a different image hoster that won't do that. I couldn't find a setting in the settings area about it so thanks for that post Quiv.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've been noticing this too! I don't use Photobucket, but I WAS using BBC code various places with photobucket links. I've had to swap them all over to Postimage. Sounds like they were losing money, perhaps, and needed to buckle down and make more people subscribers.

That said, PostImage is great. You can use it with or without an account, but I highly suggest making an account (it doesn't take money don't worry) because then you can access all your images easily and organize them into folders and stuff. Plus it has great URL accessing tools and a bunch of different image codes all pre-made for you!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I remember having issues with Photobucket years ago and I stopped using them, that's really frustrating though. :/

I've been using imgur for a while and it's my current favourite for hosting.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Thanks everyone. I think I'm just going to switch to a new place. I don't want to pay especially if they're gonna change something this big without any notice to users at all, the jerks. :(