Need ideas...

biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Need ideas...

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Hi there I have just started to get into anime...Anyone with suggestions?
Currently I have been watching Inuyasha and fairy tail... so I need some more as i'm on episode 126 of inuyasha
the Rule is Safe for a 13 year old to watch I can take some basic stuff like Criminal Minds so I get the usual stuff just not Too Extreme
Thanks in advance! :)
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Need ideas...

Unread post by Anyia »

Personal top picks:

Berserk. Graphic at times, dark at most, hilarious at others, and with amazing character development. The animation style feels a bit dated, but it's well worth your time. It's *the* best anime I've watched.

Higorashi no naku koro ni (aka When the cicadas cry). Cute at times, creepy at others, quietly soul crushing at most. I love this one soo much.

Ergo Proxy. A sci-fi mystery tale which keeps you guessing. Absolutely mesmerizing intro, and an episode midway that has you going What The ??!!? until the end where strangely enough it actually makes sense.

Black Lagoon. John Woo like over-the-top action centered around a small mercenary crew, with surprising levels of character development, intrigue, and general badassery. The final season takes a most interesting turn too, for that matter.

Finally, for an unforgettable interpretation on Excalibur, look no further than Soul Eater. The ending was "meh", but the journey was great!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Hmm so many to recommend!!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - great story, many feels and flows alot better than the original. I met the voice actor of Edward and he was such a gorgeous guy!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - The ulitmate reversal of the magical girl genre. The cute character is evil as fuck and the ending movie is just amazing! Its the only anime I sat and watched for the first time all the way through - every episode in one sitting. Its also abit of mild mind fuck.

Attack on Titan - An awesome story with very in depth characters and with the live action movie coming out this year great time to watch.

Sword Art Online - if you play wow (like we all do here) you'll really like this. The entire population of an MMO stuck in game and if you die playing - you die for reals. Theres also Log Horizon but i prefered the story and characters in SOA. I also met Asuna's voice actress and she was a doll!

Revolutionary Girl Utena - an older one and some of the intro battle sequences get really repeatative but its a really interesting ride and leaves you scratching your head at the end. The story of the girl who wants to be a prince and save the mysterious "rose bride" from the student council who seem conected to some doomsday society. yeah its weird but i loved it :)

Ginga Densetsu Weed - Was hard to get but if you like animals this is excellent. The story of an Akita pup who has to rescue his hero father from a gansta type gang of dogs. Its more of a growing up story for weed and finding his own "pack". The previous series about his father (silver fang legend Gin) is also good as it gives the back story as to why the dogs live in the mountain and why Gin is a hero.

Martian Successor Nadesico - A space comedy about a cook who has the ability to pilot a mecha (but kinda doesn't want to) and the captain who's loved him since a boy. It has love triangles, space battles and some unexpected feels (oh and a genius child who thinks all the adults around her are idiots) and at the centre is the pilots fandom for an 80's anime!!

There are so many others I could say too but i'll leave it there :) enjoy!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Seconding FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Ergo Proxy.

If you want something with an awesome dub, watch Afro Samurai (5 eps) and the followup Resurrection film. It's probably the best dub ever done (Samuel L. Jackson voices protagonist).

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I suck at descriptions, but these are some of my favorite anime

Wolf's Rain, follows a pack of wolves in a wold where wolves are "extinct" and their search for "paradise". It's a post cataclysmic world full of dangers, poverty and lies.

Trigun, the last of humanity crashes on a hostile planet and tries to rebuild wild-west style. Follows Vash, a man with really bad luck and a skill at surviving, who happens to have a huge price on his head, and a dark secret. Despite his reputation Vash is actually a good person who is seeking to help people...even if it usually results in towns being destroyed...later gets more serious as past events catch up to Vash and he is forced to make a choice that will save or destroy humanity.

Escaflowne-a girl is transported to another world. One set in medival-ish times, where battles are fought using huge mechanical suites. Escaflowne is the "white dragon" suie of the boy king Vahn whom the girl gets caught up with in his battle to reclaim his kingdom.

Black Blood brothers, a vampire anime that follows two brother vampires on their way to the safe zone...and another breed of vampire that infects all it bites. Nice story, fun, action and adventure.

Gundam Wing and/or Gundam seed, first follows 5 pilots of mobile suites as they battle the evil organization bent on conquest, and seed which follows children from a neutral zone that get caught up in the war between two factions.

Shaman King, follows Yao a boy shaman and his friends on a quest to become king of shamans and correct the evils of the world.

Kaze no Stigma, a boy born to the ruling family of fire magic users, who cannot use fire magic. Shunned and snubbed, he leaves home only to return years later as a Wind magic user, and the "contractor" a person imbued with the blessing of the king of spirits. Much to his families "displeasure" however events occure and his family ends up hiring him to protect the next head of the family, a firey spirited girl who hates him.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nimrod »

Gundam Wing is old, but still worth watching. The movie Endless Waltz was a good finish to that series.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Nímrod wrote:Gundam Wing is old, but still worth watching. The movie Endless Waltz was a good finish to that series.
The winged Gundam in Endless Waltz is one of my favourites :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nimrod »

The Wing Zero Custom? I've got a Gunpla of that, Deathscythe (pre-EW version) and Epyon on my shelf :)

biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Cool anime and im going to try some of them out!
biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Okay.....soul eater for me was a very bad idea XD love halloween and creepy stuff......and soul eater fit that PERFECTLY. I can't stop watching it over and over thanks for the suggestions.