New Computer Help?

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: New Computer Help?

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I'm not quite sure what those instructions are telling me to do xD I assume install that version of drivers (the one you linked, 352.63?). But Beta Fallout 4? Run what as administrator?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Oh sorry I didn't mean to leave u hanging. Here is my paper trail so you can look at everything these guys are saying and decide if its whats happening to u.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3 ... a_what_to/ :mrgreen:

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Still not sure what's being said in that post, but I did downgrade my driver to the version 352.63 you linked, Rawr. Game still crashed, and it actually took my computer down with it this time. Made it restart twice. So, I'm re-updating to 358.91 for now, as it doesn't seem to be any worse for my computer. Just doesn't work with Fallout. I'm wondering if there's a way I can do a really clean install of the latest driver, as I'm sure there are little bits of file hanging around from the numerous times I've 'updated', but I don't want to screw up my computer anymore in the process, and I really hope all the times it has crashed hasn't caused damage to my hard drive X_X

*sigh* I bought this computer specifically for this game, and so far it has been nothing but a hassle.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Ooooo, I'm sorry :oops: Yeah I'm not sure what else to do :| sorry, I went too far with the down grade I should have linked this one http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 9125/en-us I can understand if you don't want to try it again. I'll consult the manmeat when he gets up and see what he says. Sorry I hurt ur baby :hug: :mrgreen:

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Not yer fault Rawr, Nvidia and Windows need to come up with a good fix for this is all xD (that doesn't require 12+ hours of work on the poor consumers part.) I'll cross my fingers and hope that they come out with one before the end of the year, but that's a real big hope, I guess this problem has persisted with Windows 10 and Nvidia cards since Windows 10 came out.

This is strangely only a problem for Fallout 4, but then again it's the most recent game I have installed on the new computer. Skyrim runs perfectly. Thief 3, a much older game, crashed after I tried to adjust the resolution settings, but it didn't crash in the same manner that Fallout has been (totally different error message, can't remember it off the top of my head). Maybe I'll try running the new Thief or Bishock Infinite some time, see if they cause me issues.

Other things I've tried that haven't worked for me, but have been suggested as possible fixes elsewhere - Turning off Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, disabling any SHIELD features for GeForce Experience, setting my driver to run max performance instead of adapbility mode.

There was something else, but I forget what X_x

I'm giving it a break for now, I wan't to spend my weeked playing video games and not stressing out over a computer. My old computer might not run them as well as this new one should, but it does run them xD But by all means, please keep posting suggestions. I'm sure somebody with the same problem as me has found this thread via search by now and could benefit from ideas.