WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:31 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Realm: Azol-Nerub
I am looking for a good game to play...

I have tried MANY games.. WoW, Aion, Everquest 1 & 2, Ultima Online, ESO online, Anarchy online. Guildwars 2, Lord of the rings online

I am not nessesary looking for a MMORPG but here are some stuff which i would like to have in a game

*HUGE world (Biggest world i have seen is Everquest 1)

*Be able to do all tradeskills and gatherskills on one character

*Not too difficultto do tradeskilling.. Everquest 2 is where my limit is.. no harder than that!

*Be able to tame beast (Like hunter (Wow), Beastmaster (Everquest 2 and guildwars)

*Descent graphic

*Good solo game.. I can live with that there are raids i never will visit at the right lvl if i dont raid, but all recipes/tradeskills stuff should be able to get solo.

*Lots of achievements and other stuff you can do solo. (Again good if there are some raid achievements i never get)

*Be able to choose no pvp

*Prefer not too many humanoids enemies (Im oki with gnolls, goblings, skeletons etc as i dont view that as humanoids)

Any ideas to what i should play? I am limited to games on a stationary computer so no xbox games :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am 

Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
ArcheAge, I got to tame my mount and they fight with u when you're not riding them and the world is big, not sure how big. I was one of the cat people. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am 

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
what can you tame? only mounts or also pets like in wow? and what kind of mobs are there most of? Humanoids/beast/undead etc ? Can one character gather all?/ get all tradeskill ?

This does not sound good to me

Quote:
Fight for Glory

Assemble allies and build an empire to span continents. Sabotage your enemies’ trade and lay waste to their armies in the field. Rally your forces and craft massive siege engines to storm the heart of rival castles and claim them as your own, or test your skill against hundreds of other players in open world battlegrounds

HUGE thanks to Makoes, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 am 

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/game/ Here is the game guide. Sorry Taarn, I'll list more when I come back from work. :hug: :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 am 

Quote:
Yes. ArcheAge is a highly competitive PvP game
Ouch that rules it out for me.. unless the pvp is in battelgrounds only.. I HATE pvp..

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:38 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Staghelm
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi

I never got too far into the game but maybe you'd like it. There's one pet class iirc (Venomancer). Not sure if PvP is instanced or not, never tried it

Might be fun for exploration. lol

Flight Rising. Mount Collection. Pet Collection. Dragon scroll.

Signature by Serenith

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 pm 

Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
Ark Survival Evolved might be of interest. I haven't played it but I heard it's wonderful and you can tame everything. They also have a new DLC called Scorched Earth. I've had this game on my steam wish list since it was in alpha. :lol: It's not cheap but no sub fees.

Edit: Tera Online may be another one. Just thought of it. Though I do not believe there are tamable beasts even though there is a archer class. There's also Rift and Riders of Icarus. Tera & Rift I've not played since they first came out (long before they went FTP). RoI I've not played but heard it's badass. Just a couple more. :hug:

Below signature & avatar created by Serenith
My FR Lair!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:33 pm 

Peridot - Arc games sadly sounds very pvp based..

Quote:
Key Features
Cross Server PvP
Faction battles, featuring up to 80 vs 80 players, against rival factions to claim in-game territory and gain untold riches.

zedxrgal - I played Rift for a while. VERY dark game. A LOT of humanoid encounters. Way to demonic for me.. not a really "tame my pet" game. And i kinda want having a pet to tame so Terra is out of the question :P Riders of Icarus looks very demonic...and in the trailer you see a lot of humanoid encounters..

whimper.. if only i could make my own game :lol:

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 pm 

Ark, not the Arche I linked before, I tamed and raised baby dinos. Its on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ you can tame as many dinos (and non-dinos, there are reptiles, sharks, fish, birds, mammal-like-reptiles, mammals, prehistoric mammals, the list goes on) there are PvE servers and PvP servers and some a mix of both, also single player if you want.
Dis is my baby I hatched from an egg, he's tiny, so very tiny. :D :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:42 pm 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'm also going to vouch for Ark Survival Evolved, I've watched Paulsoaresjr play both the original and Scorched Earth. It seemed interesting you can also tame and ride various dinosaurs, animals, and creatures.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:45 pm 

Ark looks cute and maybe just the game for me...! Though expensive.. might give it a go if i can find the money to it..

The videos look very pvp like but if there is a solo option thats good

is there a trial version you can do before putting a lot of money into it?

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:50 pm 

The only trials for Ark right now are fake, don't trust them. Steam has sales all the time, if not try GoG (Good Old Games) and Humble Bundles.

Ark has 3 server types PvP, PvE, and PvPvE, 2 for Official PvP and PvE(game company runs them) and 3 for play ran servers.
PvPvE is PvP with places like bases or towns being PvE zones. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

I looked at the gameplay for solo on Youtube.. few questions. Can you turn the blood of ? The blood which comes when you harvest vides/meat/hit dinosaurs?
Also can i choose to play it as a two person game?

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Frostwolf
Ark is a lot of fun, definitely avoid official realms though. They can be super grindy and cluttered, and you never know the kind of people you'll meet. An unofficial with slightly increased rates for taming, gathering etc. and a more tight-knit community was far more enjoyable, or even single player. That way taming something like a bronto won't take hours upon hours ...

I also used to play a free mmorpg called Dragon's prophet; I haven't played in a looong time but it was a lot of fun. Like all free to plays, there were in-game cash shops and such, but there was a huge variety of wild dragons to hunt and obtain as well. Even though the graphics could be a little outdated compared to some of the newer games, I still found it to be gorgeous with a pretty wide range of areas to explore.

If you enjoy going after & collecting rare pets and mounts in WoW, I think you'd enjoy it a lot. I got the same vibe as when I'd go after Time-lost or Aeonaxx... just so much adrenaline when you'd see the dragon finally spawn and then have to wrestle with it to tame it.

Still want to try rider's of icarus myself; looks interesting.

Neiara - 110 BE hunter - Frostwolf (US)
Sháe - 100 Draenei hunter - Proudmoore (US)
Devoss - 110 BE rogue - Frostwolf (US)

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 pm 

So far i really like the solo gameplay for ark... if i could make that a two person game that be perfect.

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:12 pm 

Well theres always hosting a private game on your computer and letting only friends join :D and I think you can turn the gore off, most games now a days have that option :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:11 am 

If i host a game and invite the husband to join..will he be able to get into the game without me being online? Is his character saved like my own?
Also curios to what is the end goal ;-) :-D.

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:32 am 

Your running a server, he can get on if your computers is on and the server is running. You dont have to be online but u must have the LAN open. Its like file sharing with 2 computers in the same house. :D :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 am 

Oki cool. Can we trade stuff? Does he gets his own house/bed etc .. dont want it all bond to me :D

Quote:
If the computer is on and the server is running
- does that mean i have to be logged in for the server to run? Sorry i got no clue how this works :P

Also curios to if he would loose his char if the server went down? Or can you just play solo and then join eachothers gsmes when ever?

And thanks for helping me :D

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:11 pm 

You dont have to be on the server it just has to be running. Every server has it's own char, unless you move the char to others. Some servers wont let you move char, others you can't because of the engrams (Primitive+/Normal/Scorched Earth all have different engrams). :mrgreen: