Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cultural Studies Survey

Unread post by Mania »

Simple choice questions:
Q1. What is your gender?
A1. Female.

Q2. Have you ever wanted to be a different gender?
A2. Yes.

Short Answer:
Q1. What is your reaction to being asked #2 of the simple choice questions?
A1. I was surprised to be asked, and slightly nervous because of the venue. I was also very interested to see what other people would say publicly, and pleased to have a chance to answer the question.

Q2. Have you ever been called a Tomboy, a Sissy, or related?
A2. I was called a tomboy when I was young. As I got older, the names became less cute and more threatening: I am too analytical, unemotional, cold, heartless, cruel, controlling, a ballbuster, frigid, power-hungry, a snake, etc., etc. (And those are just the names that I think relate to gender!)

Long answer:
Q1. If you wanted to be a different gender why?
A1. In short, because it's easier to be a male with Asperger's Syndrome than a female. I don't have a strong attachment to the social construction of femininity or much ability to relate to other females. I have a lot of 'masculine' traits and interests, and my friends are almost inevitably male. I value my biological sex because it sets me apart from people with the same interests (which is helpful, for instance, when applying for a job -- I'm memorable!). But my conception of my inner self is almost entirely without gender, and I am often annoyed by the limitations and trappings of being female.

Q2. How did you or how would you feel being called a tomboy, sissy, or related?
A2. I enjoyed being called a tomboy because I interpreted it as a compliment. Similarly, I like being called analytical and, to some extent, unemotional. I am not so happy being called heartless or frigid. Those labels generally make me feel like a failure as a person in the worst case, or like an alien who really doesn't belong here in the best case.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Chrizesu wrote:Actually I just need one more random man and my project will be complete.
Shoot -- I'm not a man.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mania wrote:analytical, unemotional, cold, heartless, cruel, controlling, a ballbuster, frigid, power-hungry, a snake
I'm finding it ridiculously hard to even imagine any of those attributes pertaining to you. x)
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Mania wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I just need one more random man and my project will be complete.
Shoot -- I'm not a man.
That's ok. *hug*

It just means I have more data 'padding'.
Plus, I was curious to what you'd put down.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Mania, I understand what you mean, to some extent, as I myself have mild Aspergers, which became more extreme when I was bullied as a child.
Now, on the other hand, I believe i've managed to knock down most of the obstacles that faced me before, such as in social interaction.

Narasalu
Realm: Aggramar EU, Auchindoun EU, Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Narasalu »

I would have answered this, but as I am actually trans (hides under blanket :o ), I wasn't sure how you would have wanted it answered :? .

Unless of course you weren't expecting that, and it would mess up your data :P .
Also known as Bermuda from those pesky official EU forums.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*hugs Narasalu*

You are welcome here.
Narasalu

*hugs Mania*

That means a lot to me, most people aren't so considerate :D
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Narasalu wrote:I would have answered this, but as I am actually trans (hides under blanket :o ), I wasn't sure how you would have wanted it answered :? .

Unless of course you weren't expecting that, and it would mess up your data :P .

Actually, even though unexpected, I would love any information you're willing to give me. Actually I believe it would enhance the whole point of the survey.

In this case, instead of male or female, I'd like to know whether you're female to male or male to female.

(I have also thought of changing my gender by operation, but changed my mind because of men who understand me and have loved me anyway.)

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Narasalu

Okie, here goes...
Chrizesu wrote: Simple choice questions:
1. What is your gender?

2. Have you ever wanted to be a different gender?

Short Answer:
1. What is your reaction to being asked #2 of the simple choice questions?

2.Have you ever been called a Tomboy, a Sissy, or related?

Long answer:
1. If you wanted to be a different gender why?

2. How did you or how would you feel being called a tomboy, sissy, or related?
What is your gender?
1. Biologically male(that however, isn't certain :? ), but I consider myself female, as does everyone I know, so male to female.

Have you ever wanted to be a different gender?
2. That would depend on(for lack of a better phrase) who I was, and felt like at the time. I did want to be the opposite gender, and at no point did I enjoy being male. I despised it and would have done anything to rid myself of masculinity.

If I talk about myself as I am now, then the answer would be, no, I have never wanted to be male :P .

Short Answer:
What is your reaction to being asked #2 of the simple choice questions?
1. Because I am only 17( ;) ), I still have to see all kinds of professionals fairly often, so I am kinda used to being asked these questions :P .

Have you ever been called a Tomboy, a Sissy, or related?
2. I must be the luckiest person alive, but no, I haven't :shock: .

Long Answer
If you wanted to be a different gender why?
1. Because I felt that my gender has always been female, despite how I lived for most of my life. I was always confused about it, thinking that if I was male on the outside, surely I must somehow be, opposite to what I actually thought, male on the inside too? I remember once when I was very young, I was told that one day I would marry a woman, have sex with her, and have children, etc etc, and I remember being completely shattered inside. I had always liked girls, I prefered to play with them, but being told that I would be with one made me realise that I was not the same as boys, I was different.

Additionally, having been both outwardly male and female, I actually think that women have it much easier, but I wasn't here to argue that :D .

2. It would probably have not really had much of an effect, because I had already realised that to add the naturally feminine parts of my personality to my male self, was not exactly the best of ideas, therefore, I wasn't really considered very masculine or feminine. I was sort of... neutral :? . Everyone at school knew that I had no interest in going out with girls, it was common knowledge, but everyone also knew that I had no interest in dating boys either.

The only real way I got through school, was because I was never bullied, and was reasonably popular(apparently I was very funny... not something I would describe myself as tbh :lol: )

But, there is that part of me, that maybe... would have got a kick out of being called feminine. ;)

That good enough? ;)
Thats about as honest as I can make it without writing more than you can read in a year, but if you want to ask anything else, go ahead. Research is always good :D .
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Mania wrote:analytical, unemotional, cold, heartless, cruel, controlling, a ballbuster, frigid, power-hungry, a snake
I think Mania might be GLaDOS screwing with us.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ooh! Will there be cake!?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

saturo wrote:Ooh! Will there be cake!?
Yes saturo. There will be cake. We will have a party and invite all your friends.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I don't have any friends... :(

(Continuing GlaDOS quotes)

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

IT'S A LIEEEEE!!! :o

*runs away screaming*
Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

1. Female
2. Wanted to, no. But I have wonderd what it would be like to be a dude

3. Umm ok interesting question but I dont mind helping people out so I will happily answer your questions
4. all the time, but what can I say I AM a tom boy I do very few girly things.

5. I like being a girl, a tomboy girl but still a girl. Just wonder what it would have been like to be a boy insted. Would my father have looked at me differant, would he have been happyier with a daughter and a son, insted of two daughters, that sort of thing. But I LOVE the reaction of guys when they see me get off my sports motorcycle and take off my helmet and they see I'm a girl. "your a GIRL OMG" HAH classic.
6. I was fine with being called a Tomboy, its the truth, I am. I don't see the point in putting labels on people they are who they are and I am who I am.
Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

*pounces on Narasalu and rains kissess all over*

I LOVE you no matter who or what you are. I'm bi-sexual and love every body.

*runs around passing out kisses and hugs all around....and cookies!*
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

*grabbing the cookies but dodging the kisses* :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Steals Karathuriel's cookies*

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

saturo wrote:*Steals Karathuriel's cookies*
A-HA! Gotcha!