Gaming mouse for the small-handed?

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Gaming mouse for the small-handed?

Unread post by Teigan »

My "amazing" tiny cordless Walmart mouse has finally died. I had decided that when it did, I would get a proper gaming mouse. There are two problems with this though. The cost and the size. I don't have freakishly tiny hands, but am a small female, which means small hands. From the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger measures about 6.5 inches. The cost, paired with the lack of retail stores in my area to try things out in, means I can't try out too many mice. It kinda has to be right the first time, since I'll need to order it online.
Any advice?
Last edited by Teigan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Gaming mouse for the small-handed?

Unread post by Ana »

Best I can help you with is this list...

http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/g ... mall-hands

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

The original 2009 model Naga is quite a small mouse, if you can find one of those. I used it for WoW for some time, but for me it was simply too small (my hand measures about 7"). All the extra buttons were really nifty, but in the end I switched to a larger mouse (Gigabyte something) and ended up remapping & overloading the left side of the keyboard with lots of macros and got almost the same level of flexibility that way.

Do note that the original model is quite different from both the Naga Chroma and the current Naga Classic. I *believe* the 2012 model was still the same size as 2009, but I'm not a 100% sure. You can probably find comparisons on youtube though.

I'd offer you my old Naga since it's just been sitting in a drawer for A Very Long Time now, but I think I'm on the wrong side of the planet...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Some of the razor mice are smaller, but personally, I wasn't real fond of mine. Had to get those plan things from Best Buy with them because they kept crapping out. Logitech has super nice mice, especially their gaming ones, and I believe they even have slimmed down versions of them as well, as well as a multitude of price points. I've owned everything from a basic $10 mouse to a higher end $80 one and they're all nice.

Linking their website, but you can buy from wherever: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys :) I'll check those out

Anyia, thanks, but yeah, I think so too, haha! :)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

You and I's hands are pretty close to the exact same size Teigan and the Razer Naga for me fits absolutely perfectly. While not cheap it's extremely comfortable.
I'm on my second in 10 years. I had to replace the first one not because it crapped out but because my cat knocked it off the desk onto a hard wood floor. Poor mousy landed at just the right angle to not be repaired. My second is easily 6 years old and hasn't missed a best or a single click. I keep it clean etc and expect more years of hard mousing time from it.
I have bought all my products from Razer directly. They usually have deals on their own site and /or promo codes to knock of quite a few dollars. I think spending over a certain amount also is free shipping. Yadda yadda yadda.
Razer Naga
I know it's price may not make it an option though.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hm, I wouldn't consider myself small-handed, but my measurement from palm-finger tip is not much more than yours Teigan.

I know a lot of people lean toward the Razer stuff, but I've always preferred Logitech myself. I find their mice comfortable and very long lasting, and (this is just my personal opinion) a lot better quality. My current one is the G400s, which I believe is discontinued now, but I've always bought their G series ones and they're a good fit, they don't feel too big. Could be worth looking into as well perhaps.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm not a fan of Razer products either. I've always had bad luck with them breaking and not being of very good quality compared to Logitech's products. Plus, personally, I think Logitech has better price points for their products; I feel like Razer charges a lot just for their name. Again, just my personal experience and opinion. I had 2 or 3 Nagas and they all ended up with double-clicking issues.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm not a fan of Razer products either. I've always had bad luck with them breaking and not being of very good quality compared to Logitech's products. Plus, personally, I think Logitech has better price points for their products; I feel like Razer charges a lot just for their name. Again, just my personal experience and opinion. I had 2 or 3 Nagas and they all ended up with double-clicking issues.
Agreed....Razer products have always felt rather flimsy to me, I don't like the quality of their plastic, and again, I've never found them to be very durable or long lasting. Other people's mileage may vary. They feel overpriced because they're targeted to gamers and have a big market for that so a lot of people are drawn to them, but there are much better products out there where you're not just paying for a gimmicky namebrand.