I feel worn down lately.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

I feel worn down lately.

Unread post by Qinni »

I'm not looking for advice or anything, just probably ranting or something.

Recently I started working as a CNA after I completed a month or so coarse of training. My first job was at a nursing home. It was okay for the first week or so but it really gets down on you. First its small things but then it pick up to taking on work of three other CNAs. Next thing you know I'm one assistant in a hall of 25 or more people to take care of. Whats worse is some of these people are really nice and I try to take my time with them and make then feel like people.

One thing people fail to know is half of these people are just put in their by the family and only to be forgotten. I cried when one of the residents said I'm just their their daughter and wishes he could see her again. With so little time and being under staffed I would come into work with residents soiled themselves. Who the hell takes care of them when I clock out? After all that mess I left (last I checked they shaped up because of me threatening to report them for understaffed) I now work in hospices care. Even with easier hours and flexible work times and working at the residents home, its still awful. I've seen three awesome people pass away this year. I know they where terminally ill but this stuff makes you wish why all this stuff happens to good people.

People tell me I should think on going to the therapist provided with the work I do. I do go, it helps and sometimes doesn't. Well for the most part I'm okay, just tired. Tired of seeing good people being treated poorly because they got older. What everyone doesn't realize is that its going to happen to all of us. And one day we will be dependent on workers like myself to live the rest of our days.

I don't know. Bleh.

I wish I was still in California to hug my mom and grandma right now.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: I feel worn down lately.

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thank you for the work you do, Qinni. I know how grateful I am for the people that cared for and loved my Mom.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm so sorry Qinni. Though I haven't worked in that industry I've heard plenty of horrible stories and I understand. My own grandmother had to be in a care facility for a year before she died, but that was a really good one. Still, I tried to take her out every day, or every second day at the worst, but when I'd sign her out the previous entry was almost always mine from the day before, which means the scores (hundreds?) of other residents in the facility who were still capable enough to go out would still hardly ever get taken out by their relatives, many of them probably never. Thank god at least they were looked after well there. There are many that aren't.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Thanks wain. I'm happy you got to spend as much time as you did with her. I know its my job too but I try to be like family to these people. I'm probably the only thing they have left for the most part.