Dealing with suicide in the family

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Dealing with suicide in the family

Unread post by Qinni »

Just before thanksgiving an uncle like figure killed himself. After the funeral etc I'm still shocked hes gone. (he and my dad where friends but where close like bothers so he was more then a uncle to me then anything.)

I still ask myself why he did it or why didn't he tell us he was suffering. Not even his wife knew. How do you just deal with that? Anyways, I post this because we always spent Christmas together so it will be weird not doing that this year or him not being here.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Dealing with suicide in the family

Unread post by Ana »

I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how it is to loose someone close to you.

This helped me after my kidbrother died
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=we&srcid=share

As you probably know I am a Jehovas Witnesse and this link will maybe help you. I find the bibles answers and promises to be very comforting so I hope you will too.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... and-death/

Feel free to pm me if you have questions about what your reading and also if you want a shoulder to cry on. I am really sorry for your loss. :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh god, I'm so sorry, Qinni. I don't know how you deal with it beyond remembering and honoring him as best you can, and just always pushing for people to be more aware and accepting of mental illness. It's horrible that it's still so stigmatized that people are afraid to mention it, even to their loved ones.

I hope you and your family can recover from this together. <3 My mom went through it with her brother, but he was lucky enough to live.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Thanks for the kind words.

What kinda makes me mad is since he was catholic, he was denied burial in the family site plus didn’t get the same ceremonie like someone else would. It wasn’t his fault so why damn him in the afterlife too? I’m Christian btw but at least we say god forgives even suicide...
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

:hug:
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm so sorry to hear that :hug:

I was offered therapy after my brother attempted suicide years ago. I was one of the ones who found him and we were able to save him, but at the time I didn't want to talk about it. I wish I had taken the opportunity I think you may want to talk to a therapist if you're able. I go to one now for pain management with fibro and he's been a big help.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm so sorry Qinni. It must be a huge shock to you and your family :( How's your dad taking it?

*hugs*
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Wain wrote:I'm so sorry Qinni. It must be a huge shock to you and your family :( How's your dad taking it?

*hugs*
I guess he’s okay but I know he’s trying to hide how he feels .
JohanKlof
Realm: Aegwynn

Unread post by JohanKlof »

Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss. What helped me was talking to people from outside (no friends/family) to clear my thoughts. Also writing things down did a lot for me. You don't have to be strong all the time. You'll be okay :)