Need game recommendations please

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Need game recommendations please

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Even though I am staying in Azeroth I kind of am thinking of trying other games for when I get bored of WOW and am looking for recommendations I heard Final Fantasy is pretty good as is Guild Wars 2 what about them makes them so good and are there any games out there that have hunters since this has become my favorite class. Also being a solo mostly player are there any games that cater to this style.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Need game recommendations please

Unread post by Vephriel »

I personally really enjoyed GW2. In fact it's the only other MMO besides WoW that managed to hold my interest. I haven't played it for a while now, but sometimes during lulls in WoW I'll go back to it. The scenery and zones are gorgeous, I really like the graphics, and the Ranger class feels similar enough to a hunter (you can go out in the world and tame pets, the mechanics are just a little different).

I believe it's also free to play for the base game now so there's nothing to lose from checking it out at least.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I enjoyed Everquest 2. Just take the class called beastmaster. Bit old graphic but a trillion things to do.
Mages has elemental pets
Necromancers has undead pets... and bats :P
Wardens are a melee healing class very high in demand - very easy to solo with

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I sometimes play Everquest 2. It's a bit clunky, the graphics are old and it's microtransactioned to the hilt, but, it has its charm and plenty of stuff to do. I really enjoy the player housing and making unique houses for all of my characters. It's free to play, technically. But you need to pay to do even basic stuff like use the auction house, so, consider it a subscription game in reality.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The only other "hunter" class in an MMO I've ever liked was the Goblin Squig herder from Warhammer Online but sadly it's shut down ;-; But I'm pretty sure I read about a fan server where you can still play it I've just yet to look into it (when I do I'll tell ya)

You may ask "but Cow what is a Squig?" Well just think of them as the OG Crawg. Because that is what they are. I'd not be shocked if they were based off them in some fashion!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

cowmuflage wrote:The only other "hunter" class in an MMO I've ever liked was the Goblin Squig herder from Warhammer Online but sadly it's shut down ;-; But I'm pretty sure I read about a fan server where you can still play it I've just yet to look into it (when I do I'll tell ya)

You may ask "but Cow what is a Squig?" Well just think of them as the OG Crawg. Because that is what they are. I'd not be shocked if they were based off them in some fashion!

Found the thread about the fan server. Link is in the artikel. From what I can read it's still in Alpha. Not going to try it but wanted to share the link

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.tentonh ... o-life.amp

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh neat thanks for that.