San Antonio teen murders dog

Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Re: San Antonio teen murders dog

Unread post by Emowin »

I am a druid at heart every thing exsists in balance, or its suposed to any way. Acidents happen i.e. people hitting animals, I have hit them myself, I feal like crud when I do. Death and premature death are a part of life, if we didnt have them we would be up to our eye balls in animals and their excriment. But decapitateing a dog for no other reason other than to threten another person or for spite or "heh heh cool look its bleeding" is uncalled for. I believe humans were put on this earth to care for it and love it. We are its care takers, and if I were our boss I would fire us. And if the dog were all ready dead it is still uncalled for, death should be treated with respect, all dead should be treated with respect. Call me a loon but every time I eat animal flesh or wear leather I thank that creature for giving its life for my benifit.

If I seam like I am rambiling forgive me I do that some times.
Cookie-_-Bear

Unread post by Cookie-_-Bear »

I know all of these people affiliated with this incedent. I know what really happened and i PERSONALLY know that dog that was decapitated. These people are truely sick and they should be put in jail for what they have done. I know that that dog was NOT dead when they chopped its head off... They killed him. The dog really didnt belong to who they said and the person who killed it is NOT mark, unless wolfie told him to.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Cookie-_-Bear wrote:I know what really happened
Then maybe you should go and tell the cops or PETA, shouldn't you?
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

isent aspca the best place to go or somthing like it i know they have some in some states but ofc i dont know the rigth autorirys as i am from denmark

am asuming peta is a bit on the exstreme side from what i hear but i cant know dont know them but there is many diffrent types of associations who take care of animal velfare in denmark we have some i would call idiots cause they do more harm than good example releasing mink to the danish wild only few survive and those that do ruin the danish nature and has the same living places as a treathend danish animal the odder (dont know the english name of these)

honestly id like to just let this go and wait for an update on what has been done about it ofc we would like to hear the outcome curious beings we are

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

There are a number of issues at stake here, really. Yes...if the incident really happened, and if you know what happened, and if cruelty to animals really was committed...TELL THE AUTHORITIES. Scientific studies have shown that violence towards animals often leads to violence towards people. Sure, it was "just a dog" today...but tomorrow, it might be someone's son, daughter, mother, father, or friend.

As for my personal views. I am a type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetic, and have been for many many years. This means that without a certain amount of animal experimentation having gone on - I'd be dead. I've come to believe that certain types of said research are right and necessary...but for the love of the gods, treat the animals humanely while they are in your care, and euthanize them humanely if it ends up being required. Trophy hunters aggravate the heck out of me, but hunters who eat their kills (or donate the meat to a food bank) and happen to take the trophy as well? Good on ya. At least you're using what you killed for its intended purpose, and nothing is going to waste. I have pets, not just in WoW. They are completely dependent on me for their food, their water, their medical care, and my company. They deserve the best care I can possibly give them, as does any animal owned as a pet. I think bearded dragons are nifty creatures...but I don't have one as a pet because I don't think I could give a reptile care of the standard it needs to live a happy, healthy life. It makes me angry when people are needlessly cruel to domestic animals because really, it's pretty easy on the whole to give an animal food and water. If you don't want to bother with that? Don't keep the animal in the first place - find a shelter or rescue group to take it in.

We can live as we need to, even in this modern, scientific, technical world and still be respectful and humane to the other creatures sharing it with us.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Emowin - That's basically how I feel. When something dies from natural causes such as a disease, or old age. Well that it happens. Like when I was helping out at a Vet Clinic. There was a dog who had given birth to a littler of 7 puppies, but one was very sick. Despite the efforts to save him, he didn't make it and it broke my heart. However, it happens. If I person hurts an animal, but doesn't mean to, then okay. Accidents do happen. However if something like this happens and a animal is killed on purpose for entertainment or thinking they're cool, then I get angry. I stay neutral on for science uses.

Also, Tahlian, that's the reason there are so many suffering animals. For some reason people who are aware of it, aren't telling anyone and it just keeps going on. Then people get away with it. It's like child abuse. If you knew the kid next door was being abused, wouldn't you tell someone?

It may just have a bigger effect on those who own those animals. I own two dogs myself so it can affect me much more then if it was a rat or a bird. /shrug

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Cookie-_-Bear

Unread post by Cookie-_-Bear »

I'm talkng to the cops right now and it's an ongoing investigation at the moment... I have given the cops their addresses and all of the information that is TRUTHFUL-thot the stupid rumors that are circulating the net. They are going to all get what's coming to them soon...
Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

Good, thank you for standing up and telling the cops what you know and understand to be truthfull. I just hope this dosent get filled in the "oh it was just an animal we have better things to do" file.

JUSTICE FOR THE WRONGED PUPPY!!!
Eceo
Realm: Ner'Zul

Unread post by Eceo »

Here's the news report that's come out on it:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... s_dog.html

A friend of mine and the previous owner of the stray (he had hopped the fence when Mikey found him APPARENTLY) filed their own police report yesterday as well.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

ACS spokeswoman Lisa Norwood wrote:“We still don't know that any laws were broken,” Norwood said. “Photoshop can do wonders.”
But she acknowledged rumors — some outlandish — that are echoing across chat rooms and Web sites of questionable taste with regard to the troubling photograph.
She also warned the alleged crime could be just as fictional as the popular series.
See? Not even the cops are sure until now that it really happened, although everyone was giving their piece of information.
I'm really curious about what's coming out of this...
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

Well either way it needed to be looked into. And I hope the truth comes out.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm going to have to agree with some of the comments on that report. I'm not very fond of it. Best they can do now and have some Photoshop experts study it. I'm seeing some people who've been experienced in it say it's not fake. They should still look into more carefully. If it's a hoax (Which I do still hope it is.), then it's still very sick regardless.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}