Against All Things Ending - October 2010

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Against All Things Ending - October 2010

Unread post by Mania »

I just saw some great news!

Against All Things Ending -- which is book three (of four) in The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R. Donaldson -- is finished and will be released in October of 2010.

A trailer for AATE and the first chapter, "The Burden of Too Much Time", are available on Donaldson's web site: http://www.stephenrdonaldson.com

I've been waiting for the Last Chronicles since I finished the Second Chronicles in ... let's see ... 1983? These books have shaped my life in incalculable ways.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Against All Things Ending - October 2010

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Never heard about it but I know how you feel.
Everyone who reads (and loves) the "Song of Ice and Fire" books by George R. R. martin knows what you are talking about.
Readers are waiting for Book 5 now for more than 2 years and keep getting the info that it is "almost finished".

I just hope that good old George doesn't die before he finishes the story!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*nod* I've really enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire books so far. I wish I didn't feel compelled to keep checking Martin's website, though, to check on progress, because oddly I really dislike the author himself. (I've had a grudge against him ever since the original Wild Cards series, but I overcame it to read the SoI&F books.)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahh, Song of Ice and Fire are probably my favourite novels of all time. I'm just terrified George won't live long enough to finish them at this pace. x_X The Sword of Truth is also a favourite of mine, just slightly below SoIAF. ^^

Did you hear there's a TV series coming out for A Song of Ice and Fire? I'm hesitantly crossing my fingers about it...so far casting and production teams seem good, so hopefully it won't be the travesty that the Sword of Truth series was. ><
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I started book one of the Sword of Truth books but couldn't get attached to it somehow.I never even finished it.

Yeah, I heard about the TV series and I saw the cast so far and I'm impressed on how good they met my imagination of the characters. Only one was, in my opinion, unfitting but I can't remember right now.

I really hope they come over to europe when done or at least will be sold a DVD set.
Kalasha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Karazhan, Terenas

Unread post by Kalasha »

There's a THIRD series of that grouchy leper? Gods, I never knew that!

Tbh i thought Donaldsen was dead already... that's actually pretty cool, I just finished "A Feast for Crows" and since the next book is still pending, I ll have something else to read in the meantime

Thanks Mania!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The third series has focused more on Linden so far. Donaldson says he has known the story for this third series since he finished the second chronicles, but he didn't feel capable of writing them at that point in his life. (He wasn't good enough yet.) He still isn't, he says, but he's afraid that if he doesn't write them now he may never.