Keep your ears busy while browsing the forum...

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Keep your ears busy while browsing the forum...

Unread post by Vephriel »

Karathyriel wrote:
  • Metallica
  • Motörhead
  • Manowar
  • Megadeth
  • uhm... uh... Mozzy Mosbourne :lol:
Hehe, I agree with all but Metallica. ;)

Funny that you should mention Manowar, I just had 'Die for Metal' playing on my mp3 player. xD Such an epic song.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Is there a Manowar song that is not, in some way, epic?!? :lol:

You don't agree with my all time favorites? Aw, to bad... :(
Vephriel

I dunno, I'm just not a fan of Metallica's sound. =/ Plus their lead singer annoys the crap out of me. They seem too full of themselves or something, bleh. ><

But I won't rag on them if they're you're favourite. :) Everyone has different tastes after all. :lol:
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Vephriel: I have the same reaction to Anthrax.

Karathyriel: Do you happen to know a band called Warlock? I believe they were German -- probably circa 1988 or so. Female singer. I only have one of their songs, "I Rule The Ruins", but I am rather fond of it.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yes, sure!
They went as Warlock for a while doing some pretty hard stuff. "I rule the ruins" is rather slow, If I recall correctly.
Doro Pesch, the voice of Warlock (and a sizzling hot body as well! :lol: ), later on went by the name Doro and made some music that was more like ballads all the time. I didn't really like it as you can't bang your head to ballads! :lol:
Metal brought forth some very good german musicians. Warlock, Scorpions, Helloween and what not...
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Doro, of course! I'd forgotten that connection. Thank you! "I Rule the Ruins" is somewhat slow but I like the lyrics -- they're good for yelling. :) I also have a Helloween album around here somewhere: Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part II. I never did find Part I, unfortunately. And I didn't realize Scorpions was German also. (Actually, I think a number of my favorite industrial stuff is German too. Germany must generate good music!)
Vephriel

Hee, I'm a big fan of industrial as well Mania, and I agree that Germany puts out some wicked music. :D
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yep, Scorpions are german, no doubt about that! (I don't really like 'em.)

Warlock did some more songs that were superb for shouting along! Ever heard "All We Are"? That used to be our hymn when we were younger and wilder and thought smoking weed and drinking alcohol was a must if you wanted to be cool. We sang it whenever we got into a pub they already knew us... *gets a dreamy look into his eyes and remembers having long hair and siting in clubs and pubs almost every night* :lol:

German music itself is mostly stuff I really dislike. We seem to have so many idiots here that think it was cool to rap, no regards to that fact that they don't even can spit close to rythm and that it sounds awful in german. Then there is Techno which is, as I so like to describe it, just some computer noises arranged in a way that they repeat continuously without even creating a melody and some bad ass boom beat put on top, as fast as your cardiac pacemaker has hopes to keep up with and the boom boom being very loud to cover up the stupidity and boredom of said noises. Bah! As sad as it is, but rock music is by far not as popular as it is in the States. But I keep up my hopes that...

METAL IS NEVER GONNA DIE!

Vephriel

Heh, yeah it's funny how music is usually more popular outside of its country of origin.

Bleh, I hate rap, pop, country....I also hate bad techno, but I like heavy industrial. I also enjoy the occasional trance music when I'm in the mood for something chill. Again, it has to be good though..that crappy house techno is just annoying.

Mostly my music falls under metal or industrial though...along with all its sub-genres. I enjoy everything from the old-school stuff like Manowar, Judas Priest, and Motörhead to newer things like Slipknot, Korn, Manson, and Rammstein. :lol:

Okay, and I'll admit that my guilty pleasure is Japanese music. :3 For some reason everything from types of J-Pop to J-Metal are just so addictive. xD
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm not into stuff from Japan... *shakes with dislike*

And Rammstein... Well, it's not really Metal with they Keyboard/Sythy stuff and I have the disadvantage to actually understand their texts. And that is what scares me away the most! The stuff they sing (Can you call that singing?) about is so weird and evil, you just know they do it to provoke, to be in the news.
Vephriel

Yeah, like I said...guilty pleasure. I'm an anime nerd and a fan of Japan in general (my aunt-in-law is Japanese) so it kind of rubs off on you. :) Many of my interests seem to be in direct conflict with each other. :lol:

Hehe, I know Rammstein doesn't fall into the Metal category, but I still like their music. xD I've heard most people from Germany don't like them at all though. They're quite popular over here. My boyfriend got me into them when we started going out.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I heard they are very popular in the States mostly because of their stage shows.
I agree, when do you get to see someone singing a song while burning?
It's just that I can't stand their topics including the abuse of his own little brother and similar stuff. From the pics you've posted, I learned you are in the gothic scene, right? Maybe that music fits then.
That goth stuff is another thing I never understood...
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

If I could pull off goth I would (sometimes, at least). But I am fat and .. well, honestly not that interested in how I look. I just happen to like goth girls. *cough*
Vephriel

I've never seen them live, but I've seen videos of their concerts and everything.

I'll admit I don't pay attention to most of the lyrics. I know the meanings of some of the more popular songs, but mostly I really just like the music itself. =x

I would likely fall under the gothic category, though I don't tend to use labels. x) My style varies from gothic to punk to metal from day-to-day, haha. I wouldn't say Rammstein's a goth band really, but they're popular with the industrial goths I suppose, and the rivet heads and such.