Thread of Accomplishments

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Thread of Accomplishments

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Cialbi wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:I finally finished planning for College.

If everything goes well, I'll be starting in May. :) I'm getting a certificate for a Crime Scene Technician - pretty much CSI, although I'll be doing more marking evidence/taking photos/testifying than actual investigating. I have a feeling that I'm really going to enjoy it.

Also I'm talking to that Guy I Like(TM) more often and that makes me incredibly happy.
What, it took you that long?

I kid; you're probably better prepared right now then I was about half a year ago when I began college, and I have yet to fill out my 2010-2011 FAFSA (I'm going to probably devote Spring Break to that, since I'm toast without FAFSA grants). So, this going to be a technical college? Also, May seems like an odd month to start school, but then again I'm attending a traditional 4-year university.

You may want to find a chance to spend some time with "Guy I Like(TM)" once he's done with finals and before you begin school. His life should be a lot more relaxed right after finals.
The Summer semester thing starts in May - I was a little late for the Spring, which ended not too long ago I think. Or will soon. I don't know the dates exactly. :P

The certificate takes the place of a diploma while leaving me the ability to go back and get a diploma wherever. I don't know the details because my mom basically walked me through the whole thing, but the certificates set you up for specific things that are in demand now, so it's very nearly a guaranteed job with the state/local police force. :) With any luck when I finish the classes(which will take about a year, possibly less - rather than a diploma, which would be...four years? I think?) they'll give me the option to go somewhere else - that means I'd be out of a house, but on the flip side they could send me to Jacksonville and then I'd be closer to That Guy. :D (That's vastly unrealistic, I know.)

And I will find more time to spend with him, definitely. He lives in Jacksonville which is a day's drive away from me, so I've been trying to plan something, but time spent with him is sort of limited to a few hours before he has to go home. Last time he showed up around 10 and had to leave around 5, so I'm trying to plan accordingly. Most of it was spent being lost and driving around, though. :P My house is kind of lackluster and the dog doesn't know him well enough to not yell at him, but the town is so...boring. I think we did all of the fun things last time he came over, but I feel sort of silly asking if I can go down there to visit him instead.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wee, just got through my first day of school.

Taking some internet technology courses including Javascript, HTML, C++, Dreamweaver, Graphic/Web Design...that sort of stuff. I was nervous as hell with the whole aspect of starting school again and going to college all by myself...I'm intimidated by things like that. Had some minor anxiety issues this morning, and I was only running on about an hour of sleep as well since I was so stressed last night I didn't end up sleeping at all, but...energy drinks got me through the day. And it was really fun and informative.

I've always had an interest in coding since I taught myself basic HTML when I was like 11 and messing around building little web pages. I figured since I can't decide what the hell I want to do career-wise I may as well start with things I'm interested in and go from there.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

You know that the climactic moment in your story is sad if, after planning out every scene and quote, you still cry when you write it. (Not the PokeRP, either. Something I wrote on a spur of the moment.)

I have achieved finally writing something sad!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I just got 55 exalted reputations! And the Dark Phoenix Hatchling for my guild, due to the current bug, they have to depend on the person with the highest amount of reps, which was me. /flex :lol:

Just Darkmoon Faire to go till Insane, 40 more decks... :?

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Writing breakthrough! Some days are difficult (okay, a lot of them are), but I'm currently in a good place. Wheeee!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Cho'gall 10 Man Down :) After having 2 very close wipes (1.9% and 2.8%) we finally managed to get this big oaf down :headbang:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/ ... llShot.jpg

Still got a very large smile on my face 8-)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I FINALLY got around to actually reinstall Windows XP on my netbook. \o/
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Meh, I say go for a Linux system. :D

On that subject, I got DX11 working in my wine. HELLO, SHINY WATER EFFECTS. :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Saturo wrote:Meh, I say go for a Linux system. :D
Sadly I already tried that and ended up giving up - that's what made me abandon said netbook in the first place. XD I just wanted to get it to work, so XP was the easiest choice.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

You didn't try hard enough. :D

I think I remember you telling me you were installing Linux on it, though. :P

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Cho'gall 25 man down tonight, 3 wipes and 4th a kill. We then proceeded to BwD and got Nef to 60% in p3 by the end of the night (on our first night working on him).
2 Bosses left, then heroics inc w00t :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

In about three hours, I took my level 71 rogue from "so... guess I have talent points, huh? Maybe I should take off my dress" to "solo-ganking the enemy flag carrier in WSG while he stands with half a dozen buddies in his graveyard."

Of course I got the flag back.

*CACKLE CACKLE*
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Holy! :shock:

Okay, this isn't an achievement per se, but rather some extreme luck. I decided to use the extra mats I had lying around to create 9 Mysterious Fortune Cards to use myself. The 8th was the epic quality Fortune Card!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_040511_194053.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040511_194053.jpg (326.62 KiB) Viewed 18573 times
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Golden wrote:Holy! :shock:

Okay, this isn't an achievement per se, but rather some extreme luck. I decided to use the extra mats I had lying around to create 9 Mysterious Fortune Cards to use myself. The 8th was the epic quality Fortune Card!
/jealous! Grats!! :D You're rich! :P
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Haha congrats! Did you notice the trade chat?? :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Sarayana wrote:

Haha congrats! Did you notice the trade chat?? :lol:
Yes I did, and even took part in the conversation after the incident. ;)

Edit: Also I switched my main's second profession into Alchemy and leveled it from scratch in just one day. ^^ Didn't even spend more than 4k gold on the mats, most of it I farmed myself. Now my main is a happy Transmute Alchemist with her fancy epic trinket and Flask of Enhancement, ready to start making some (true)gold tomorrow.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Woo, last night I compeleted 3000 quests, earning The Seeker title.

One small step towards Loremaster... :lol:
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Vephriel wrote:Woo, last night I compeleted 3000 quests, earning The Seeker title.

One small step towards Loremaster... :lol:
Woot, gz! It's so rewarding to finally get some results out of the grind. ^^ I remember when I did that before Cata, it was rather tedious. <.<
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I FINISHED MY PAPER.

8 pages of me blabbing about nitrate leaching. BUT IT'S DONE NOW AND I AM HAPPY.

:)
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Me and my friend hit 1550 in 2v2's in arena, snagging the achieve. But right before the achievement i typed in guild

We can make it if we try

then we got the achievement so it said

We can make it if we try
JUST THE TWO OF US
You and I.

Kinda nerdy, but i liked doing that D: