Thread of Accomplishments

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Thread of Accomplishments

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was trying to farm for the Firefly minipet today. (never had any luck with it) Anyways, since I spent all day in Zangarmarsh I started thinking 'Hey, maybe I should just work on Sporeggar rep and get the Tiny Sporebat'.

So I reached Exalted. Bought my sporebat, then I figured, hey, might as well go for Timbermaw Hold as well since I already had Mag'har, and I was that close to achieving The Diplomat. And then I got to Exalted with the Timbermaw too, thus gaining my new title. :lol:

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I've been trying to solo my way through the (group) quests in Shadowmoon Valley on my frost DK since he was lvl 69; as an alternative to yet-another run through northrend, my end goal was to unlock the Netherwing dailies and also obtain the end chain gear for transmogs...

Although I'd had some break throughs here and there, I was still stuck on Zuluhed and Vhel'kur as of lvl 73. My gear was very basic - probably a 2:1 mix of (ilvl 138+) greens:blues, e.g. modest by wotlk standards but pretty good for what TBC was balanced for... but still not quite there yet.

So I took a break and leveled my DK's blacksmithing all the way up to 397, upgraded a few pieces of his tank set with +dodge cobalts (despite being a DPS spec, I've found blood presence + tank set invaluable for tough solo fights), and tried again.

As I'd at least come pretty close vs Vhel'kur the last time (despite being required to de-equip my helm to see him...) I thought I might juuust be able to handle him, but wasn't hoping for more than that. Well he went down fairly easily this time - not a cakewalk but not a nailbiter either. W00T!

So then I figured, why not try Zuluhed one more time before I push for 74? Once more, things went considerably better, I remembered to stay away from his summoned demons, and finally took him out. As I was standing there waiting for my heart rate to slow back down, a regular orc shammy came charging down the stairs and got himself a Bruce Lee backhand for his trouble. ^ ^

Amazing what an extra 100-150 dodge can do, apparently.

EDIT: not sure if this belongs here, but shortly after unlocking the netherwing dailies I also completed the Dragonmaw "top gun" flying quest chain and got the "Skyshattered" achievement. I remember struggling with this back in TBC on another toon - back then, getting hit by the enemy airbursts meant you were dismounted and had to restart (and usually also died), and I was never able to finish the last NPC.

However it looks like nowadays getting hit has no effect. As far as I could see it doesn't even do dmg. I know they did something like that with the bombing run dailies, but at least with those I seem to recall that they inflicted a small amount of dmg. Meaning all the effort I put into dodging airbursts was pointless (?), and all I really needed to worry about was simply staying near the NPC... :|

That said, I can see why they did it - like the brewfest barrel runs, being recognized for doing the correct moves could be maddeningly lag/glitch-dependant even on a fast connection, and sometimes an airburst would simply materialize right on top of you, so... yeah. I guess it's for the best. Even though I do still sometimes miss those "razor's edge" achievements. :)

EDIT 2: Ok so that's how long it's been since TBC... looks like the airburst "dismount" effect was changed to a minor slowing effect back in 3.3 :shock:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_112111_154817.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112111_154817.jpg (322.44 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel

Muahahahaha! I have finally completed the insane grind to Loremaster. :D Feels good man.

Appropriately my last zone was Icecrown: The Final Goal, so that tied in well. ^^

WHAT AN UGLY TABARD. It is destined to be stuffed in the bottom of my wardrobe, but for now I thought I'd do it the honor of wearing it once. :lol:

Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Questgiver tabard? Say WHUT?! That's just awesome! xD

I finally got a good result out of my attempts to make Katiria's hair look nice XD. Also! This was a while ago, but I got the giant sewer rat from Dalaran! I want the turtle now :P.

Kat's edit!
Katiria's corrupted edit!
Katiria's corrupted edit!
EditKat1.png (708.27 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Kat's new rattie friend <3. I wish you could name companions ... D:
Kat's rattie friend &lt;3 Kat was called Zeeri at the time, and was a Draenei! :P
Kat's rattie friend <3 Kat was called Zeeri at the time, and was a Draenei! :P
WoWScrnShot_121911_235228.jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Not sure if this should go here but eh I figure I can update it with any accomplishments that I get.

Anywho, started exercising again. Trying to start slow with some jogging, normally I get pretty out of breath, jogged an entire 25 minutes without stopping. It's kind of sad I guess but in all honesty I was happy with it. Gonna jog some more later and keep extending how long I go and mix in extra running. o3o

Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Unread post by Schwert »

Veph,
I haven't gotten an achievement tabard that looks good. Nor do I really think there are any...
I like my Tabard of Flame though. Goes with almost everything.

[[Do you have the purple one from that set btw? Forgot what it was called. I think of you each time I use it.]]

150 mounts btw.
ahhahrahrahrahra.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

I've lost 2 stone and half a pound since September. lost a pound and a half this week. :D Go me!

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Vephriel

Woo! Sat down and worked on this for the past couple days. Yay Armadillo. :D

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_030212_143539.png
WoWScrnShot_030212_143539.png (696.31 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

Ive finaly completed my pet collection there is nothing left in wow i wanted to tame this is great but its also a very bad for it is as illidan said to Maiev the huntress is nothing without the hunt and likewise for the hunter
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Tunderbrew
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Tunderbrew »

Finished and posted my latest painting today and feel rather good about it ^_^: http://wc3troll.deviantart.com/art/Red- ... -298278914
For Ironforge!
Warcraft Pets
Vephriel

Tonight my guild completed the Legendary Staff for our warlock! :) I've been joking the entire time that the only reason I wanted to get it for him was so that I could get my new minipet. :lol:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I got exalted with the Cenarion Expedition on my DK Deathbybeef. Yup I'd have a screeny but theres no achive or I missed it or something. Yup >.> trying to get as many JC recipies as I can as I'm lvling her JC so I can get the gem mounts when they come out XD
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I did (part of) DS! Normal! Not even Raid Finder (which I'm too scared to do)!
…Oh shut up, I know that's not anything exciting, but judging by how hard I was shaking…

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I killed Malygos for the first time. XD
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*cheers Lupis* When you're new to raiding, everything seems scary!

LFR is so heavily nerfed, though, compared to normal mode, you might want to check it out sometime. :) Especially since you've already done part of the instance on a harder difficulty! :D

Ohgod, Cow; PHASE 3 LOL! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

This happened like a year ago, but I'd like to share it anyways.
We tried killing malygos, with 8 people for achieve, we died 9 TIMES trying to kill him, then the 10th time, he had like 100k left, and everyone except for me died. i had like half health left and managed to down him xD. It was the last guy i needed for my champion of the frozen wastes achieve. Its my most used title now LOL

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

My biggest accomplishment was logging in and on top of Posiedus about 3 weeks ago. I had been camping him for weeks on two servers. Finally as I'm about to log in for the last time before my sub ends, he's there. I still have learned it yet because of the uncertainty of whether it would be account wide or character only. Initially it was character only but that was recently changed to account wide. I'm going to wait until there's a more final answer on that before jumping the gun.
Vephriel

Got two accomplishments today!

First I finally finished up my Kalu'ak rep grind and got evil little Pengu.

And secondly, I finally hit exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords. I'm so glad I don't have to run Molten Core every week ever again. :D

Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (864.72 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Image3.png
Image3.png (492.76 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
WoWScrnShot_081412_114119.png
WoWScrnShot_081412_114119.png (196.9 KiB) Viewed 19015 times
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Kraai wrote:

Veph,
I haven't gotten an achievement tabard that looks good. Nor do I really think there are any...
I like my Tabard of Flame though. Goes with almost everything.

There's the Tabard of the Achiever. :) I personally love that one.

I've finally reached a healthy weight. \o/ I've gained more than 15kg in the past four years and I couldn't be happier to finally be there.