I'll have to try some of the recipes in this thread!
Here's one of mine. It's not original with me, but was given to me by someone on a listserv a long time ago.
It's vegan, but can be adapted to the ingredients you have on hand.Crunchy Banana Oat Bread
Grease and flour one loaf pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1/2 cup vegan margarine (1 stick) -- or margarine/butter of choice
3/4 cup maple sugar -- or regular white sugar
Ener-G egg replacer to = 2 eggs -- or 2 eggs
3 large or 4 small bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. poppyseeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I always use walnuts)
1. cream margarine and sugar
2. blend in egg replacer (I just throw the powder and the water in the bowl, and blend well)
3. add mashed bananas and vanilla, and mix well
4. mix in flours, oats, baking powder, soda, salt, and poppyseeds
5. fold in nuts and raisins
6. pour into greased and floured loaf pan
7. (optional) sprinkle a small handful of rolled oats on top
8. bake at 350 degrees, for 60-70 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test
(60-65 minutes in my experience, but ovens vary)
Come out great, nice and moist. Very easy to double.
I usually double it because people eat it up fast.