Honeymoon ideas

jamepietersen

Honeymoon ideas

Unread post by jamepietersen »

Hi there,

I'm going to marry in a couple of months, but we still need an idea for our honeymoon. I want to stay a night in a hotel, but I was thinking about going to another country for a week. Do you guys have any suggestions? :) Thankss in advance.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Honeymoon ideas

Unread post by Ana »

Cant tell if this an advertisement trick or not but here goes :P

Come Visit Denmark.. and dont go in to the captial. Go visit Ribe. Ribe is situated on the shores of scenic southwest Jutland, the picturesque community of Ribe was founded in the early 8th century as a marketplace and is the oldest existing town in the whole country. Each night during the summer you can join the Night Watchman, when he walks his traditional rounds in the old winding streets of Ribe. The Night Watchman starts his round from the market place in front of Restaurant Weis Stue. From May to October and the week 7 and Easter. Duration approx. 45 minutes. In Danish and English. Free of charge.

If you want a link to the visit Ribe website pm me as I dont want to advertise on this board

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Denmark is quite lovely, I just wish I could understand spoken Danish. And their numbers. >.>

I'll throw in the suggestion to visit the country where just about every piece of wildlife is ready to hurt, main and kill you if you upset it. Yep, crikey, I'm referring to the land down under! No matter what your interests are, you can likely find something to suit your tastes. From the great red desert to the tropics and the barrier reef, or the alpine regions and the scenic great ocean road, or the attractions of the major cities (i.e. Sydney & Melbourne, don't trust anyone if they claim any other capitals are big =) ). Cuddle a koala*, pet a crocodile*, hang a fruit bat off your hand*, or run screaming from the pesky arachnids** and snakes**. The choice is yours! :)

*) Under supervised conditions.
**) Available almost anywhere, any time. Urban areas offer somewhat reduced opportunities.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I suffer from arachnophobia!! I shake, cry, get dizzy and puke if I see a real spider. . Even been to treatments with no succes. Only real spiders near me effects me this way. Virtuel once don't bother me at all, on tellie in a documentary they can make me shiver depending on their size/movement. I would love to visit Australia /Down Under but my fear stops me ;). Most ppl in Denmark speak English so I think you be fine! Yeah our numbers are weird. .we say Four and Twenty instead of Twentyfour. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I think it was at "halvfjerds" I gave up! :D

As you say though, I've never had an issue getting by using English in Denmark, but I do feel silly ordering a pølse in English...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im born in Denmark and I got troubles with Halvfjerds and Firs :P (70 and 80) but then again I have dyscalculia (Number blind) I find the English numbers easier :D I lived in Sweeden for 5 years and they used the English system for numbers :D